• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Animal

No mention/comparison to the Rhyno but they did move the GStar and Star Rhyno to the OOP section on the Pro Shop so maybe they are just going to have the Animal in those plastics instead.

Maybe someone will pick it for their tour series next year

No mention/comparison to the Rhyno but they did move the GStar and Star Rhyno to the OOP section on the Pro Shop so maybe they are just going to have the Animal in those plastics instead.

Maybe someone will pick it for their tour series next year

They have similarities for sure. Man if they made the Rhyno in Nexus plastic I'd be all over it. I'm really digging the Animal though and I'm glad to see they're getting behind it with a video description. I really love throwing it backhand.

I can't say enough about this disc! I have it in nexus plastic.I've been throwing it for about a year and it's the most used disc in my bag besides my putter. Its hard not to throw this disc dead straight. I also disagree that it's not an out of the circle putter. I've hit an amazing amount of outside circle 2 putts with this disc. It also has little to no ground play it lands flat and stays there. I did see some star ones at local shop and they have a lot more dome so not sure how they fly. But the nexus ones are money!!

After a year with the Nexus Animal, here are my thoughts: Great straight upshot disc that won't glide out on you. I've had 2 aces with mine at a local pitch and putt course and have used it as a slight-headwind putter due to the low glide. The fade has completely left at this point and is now pretty angle sensitive. Thrown at half speed it will fly dead straight and land flat. When thrown hard it will turn and finish right, but land flat. When thrown hard on hyzer it stands up and lands flat. I still reach for this disc for touchy upshots that I want minimal turn. Not many discs fill that slot, at least coming out of my hand.

Oh I wiped the stamp on the one I play with since the stamp is so large and reflective but it's not quite a Rhyno for forehands or short flexes.

I'm going to amend this statement after getting the Animal in Star. It is noticeably more stable and is a great point and shoot putter forehand and backhand.

Stock stamp XT and KC Pro versions rolling out for the Animal. Seems the Animal and the RhynoX are being rolled out to replace the regular Rhyno? Or maybe we will only see the original Rhyno in DX, R-pro, & Champ going forward (both Star and GStar have been moved to the OOP section on the Innova Proshop).

Stock stamp XT and KC Pro versions rolling out for the Animal. Seems the Animal and the RhynoX are being rolled out to replace the regular Rhyno? Or maybe we will only see the original Rhyno in DX, R-pro, & Champ going forward (both Star and GStar have been moved to the OOP section on the Innova Proshop).

I just ordered a couple of KC Pro to try. Anyone have experience with them? I'm so impressed with this mold.

How is the KC PRO in terms of flatness? In comparison with Star (domey) and nexus (puddle)?

Your Nexuses are flat? I have two and they've both got a bit of dome, not as crazy as the Star I have, but definitely not flat or puddle.

Your Nexuses are flat? I have two and they've both got a bit of dome, not as crazy as the Star I have, but definitely not flat or puddle.

Of course the thumbtrack makes it harder to gauge but there is very slight, barely noticeable, dome in the middle but by the thumbtrack the plate is recessed a thumbs width. Perfect for my tastes. Of the 4 Nexus I have two are flattish like this and two others have slightly higher dome in the middle. The two KC Pro I have are perfect.

Regardless the KC feel like the Nexus in the hand apart from the grip. The Star molds up thicker and feels more substantial in the hand, making for a slower, less glidey, and more stable flight. For being a "low glide" disc the Nexus Animal bombs. If I'm going to throw a putter 300' this is what I'm using.

Last edited:

Latest posts