• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

annoying...lets air it out = )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slider

Par Member
I am pretty hard to annoy, but there is one person that I find annoying and this is what I find annoying:
1) the person talks all about them self the whole round entire round!!!! and how bad a** they are yet they are not that good, especially if I can beat them and I am not that good. no joke, the person talks about them self the whole entire time!
2) or how they have to talk about their best throw or what they threw on every hole!! And I mean every hole...I just one hole, but every hole, like "I got done throwing 3 shots on this and I parked them all within 15 feet!!" all day every day!
3) the person acts like the whole world is about them and that isn't an exaggeration.

lets hear it...what annoys you. and to call me annoying is not this discussion...what annoys you? who knows, maybe the annoying person will actually see what annoys others and they might have not seen it.

You should have seen the shots I threw at my latest event and it was my first time playing the course! I was so awesome I even impressed the Juniors in my group. But then we were playing the short tees and I always torch those on any course, even with Super Class discs. :p

Spiders....muddy courses......mosquitos.......high prices........desk jobs........traffic jams.........Rush Limbaugh........when somebody comes into the bathroom when I'm on the toilet and ruins my peaceful dump.

There are only two things that irritates me during a round. 1. When people don't talk at all on my card and act super serious like they are in the World Series. 2. When people get mad during a round such as cursing, kicking, yelling etc. It drives me nuts because it's just disc golf.

One thing I KNOW I do during a round that probably irritates people (other than pond diving haha jk) is that I'm very talkative. I don't talk during shots or even when someone is about to throw, I just like to keep conversation flowing.

I really don't mind hearing what others have to say about their round, not a problem, but it gets annoying when it is every hole and you don't even let anyone else talk! you guys don't sound annoying at all, trust me, there are a lot of things out there that annoy people and to say that nothing annoys you is a joke...know it alls, everything is about me, the jerk, the a hole, people who throw 50 feet and always ask you where it went and this goes for every hole, etc

I am pretty talkative at times, but for the most part I am pretty quite and I do get serious, not as in cursing serious, but I like to focus and try. I don't mind quite or I don't mind talking. it is the quality of the quitetness or the quality of the conversation, if you only talk about you and you don't listen, trust me, that gets boring and to hear me talk all day gets very boring also. I like playing focused and being competitive, to each their own. I watch what I am talking about because I would find myself annoying for sure.

In all honestly there are some players that I really don't like playing with. Those that have NO other vocabulary than swears....and just so happens EVERY shot they are unhappy with. It gets to the point of "do you even LIKE playing disc golf?"
--People that are douchey
and....thats pretty much it

I'll be honest in my times of playing which is about 8 years. I have only encountered a handful of people that I did not like playing with.

I like to be serious, and I do swear sometimes, but I think it's all within reason.
Just be cool, concentrate, make the shots you want to make, do your best, have fun, socialize, be respectful......yeah......I can understand OP that the person was a B-hole to play with. So....hopefully you dont have to play with 'Captain Amazing' again.

In all honestly there are some players that I really don't like playing with. Those that have NO other vocabulary than swears....and just so happens EVERY shot they are unhappy with. It gets to the point of "do you even LIKE playing disc golf?"
--People that are douchey
and....thats pretty much it

I'll be honest in my times of playing which is about 8 years. I have only encountered a handful of people that I did not like playing with.

I like to be serious, and I do swear sometimes, but I think it's all within reason.
Just be cool, concentrate, make the shots you want to make, do your best, have fun, socialize, be respectful......yeah......I can understand OP that the person was a B-hole to play with. So....hopefully you dont have to play with 'Captain Amazing' again.

Agreed, so far this is the only person that I play with here and there and it actually gets tiring to hear his voice and what he talks about, about how awesome he is and how you should throw with an anny or very slight hyzer or ...etc. and how he has to "disc down" all the time because he is sooo powerful. I love the game just like many of us out here and I do enjoy hearing others talk about how their round went it is done. I also enjoy socializing and making jokes all the time, but to have the whole round about him gets old fast and very very boring. I go to the course to hear about others not just one player.

What I find annoying happened to me this weekend. While playing with a group (None except 2 in the group of 6 had ever played together before), one of the players thought it was ok to pull out what looked like a prop from a cheech and chong movie and light up. I was downwind and was upset to say the least. Now I really don't care what others do with their time in private, but when in a public place you should have some respect for others. Im still pissed about what happened. And no, it was not in Colorado.

/snip

One thing I KNOW I do during a round that probably irritates people (other than pond diving haha jk) is that I'm very talkative. I don't talk during shots or even when someone is about to throw, I just like to keep conversation flowing.

Nicely played VB

People who complain and do nothing or offer any constructive feedback.

Folks who do not respond emotionally and not objectively about feedback

I hate it when people complain about what other people do.

thrembo...I think that is a different discussion. what annoys you on the course? if I was rude and disrespectful to you, I am sure you would find that annoying, why wouldn't you feel like you have a complaint?

Agreed, so far this is the only person that I play with here and there and it actually gets tiring to hear his voice and what he talks about, about how awesome he is and how you should throw with an anny or very slight hyzer or ...etc. and how he has to "disc down" all the time because he is sooo powerful. I love the game just like many of us out here and I do enjoy hearing others talk about how their round went it is done. I also enjoy socializing and making jokes all the time, but to have the whole round about him gets old fast and very very boring. I go to the course to hear about others not just one player.

yeah, i hate that too. Talk about "yeah, i'll use a putter on THAT hole"
I honestly will talk about what shots could/should be made. Typically with a couple friends that may be are a little less experienced. I try not to overdo it. But I will talk about hyzer-ing an overstable disc, or hyzer-flipping an US disc to fit into a straight gap then have minimal fade, etc. I try to 'educate' and also give them an idea they don't think about. But yeah
I will GLADLY grab a speed 7 or speed 9 disc when some ppl wanna brag about powering a putter or a midrange...like....i dont care what you throw....but I can get there with ease, and its all about where your disc ends up, not about how HARD you can throw....because I can out-throw enough ppl. I have some power....but yeah

a rule of disc golf "dont be an assshole"

People who complain and do nothing or offer any constructive feedback.

Folks who do not respond emotionally and not objectively about feedback

constructive criticism...maybe this post should be recommended?

hey pal...can you stop talking about yourself all round, every hole, all day?
hey pal...this world isn't all about you?
hey pal...maybe try listening to others?
hey pal...get rid of your ego?

Talking while I am throwing/putting. I usually can block it out but occasionally it effects my concentration. Getting overly intoxicated is bad as well as it can be distracting.

As long as you don't distract me from playing my game I don't really care about anything else.

thrembo...I think that is a different discussion. what annoys you on the course? if I was rude and disrespectful to you, I am sure you would find that annoying, why wouldn't you feel like you have a complaint?

*note to Slider: Please turn on your sarcasm detector...

Status
Not open for further replies.