• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

annoying...lets air it out = )

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I KNOW I do during a round that probably irritates people (other than pond diving haha jk) is that I'm very talkative. I don't talk during shots or even when someone is about to throw, I just like to keep conversation flowing.
No offense, and to each their own, but this drives me nuts during tourney play. Casual conversation is A-OK, but someone who's very talkative during a tourney round...no thanks.
Also, people who bring their severely autistic kids to a state championship and get assigned on my card. I understand you're a single parent to a severely autistic kid, but should you be dragging him up and down a rugged mountain course while he's wiping poop all over his face? There a time and a place, and a tourney isnt it.

Last edited:
OP dont get me started on peoples sportsmanship especially mr. locastro's temper tantrums

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be so annoyIng. It's just that I I I I have a really narrow world vIew that centers on the letter I. I also lIke the letters I and I. I don't mean to talk about I all the time. It's sImply a compulsIon that I have, sort of lIke crack cocaIn or even teh marIjuana.

kind of an odd pet peeve, but when i'm in a bit of a bad mood and throw a bad shot . . . i hate it when it's headed for some trees/brush that absolutely cannot be weaved through and the guy next to me is going "come on, get through!"

sometimes i just ask directly "do you really think that ****ty shot had a chance? there's no way."

i understand they're rooting for me, but there's a point after a few times where it becomes absurd. that shot had no chance. just keep your mouth shut; it hit a branch/shrub/turned over too much/won't flip up enough/is going to hit a tree, i'm going to make do with it and get what i can get. i'm already considering my next shot. stop pretending it was a potentially good shot and let's get on with the round. if it might get through, then fine, whatever. root away.

kind of makes me sound like a dick, but whatever. it annoys me.

i keep to myself during a round since i like to stay inside my own head, it helps me (unless my buddy and i, who share musical tastes, are playing a round) stay on an even keel. it's almost like meditation so i don't like being interrupted. i enjoy grouping up with randoms, but at that point i have determined i'm ready to turn the round into a social affair.

Last edited:
There are only two things that irritates me during a round. 1. When people don't talk at all on my card and act super serious like they are in the World Series. 2. When people get mad during a round such as cursing, kicking, yelling etc. It drives me nuts because it's just disc golf.

One thing I KNOW I do during a round that probably irritates people (other than pond diving haha jk) is that I'm very talkative. I don't talk during shots or even when someone is about to throw, I just like to keep conversation flowing.

This

Slider, I'm not exactly sure who you are, but if you don't like hearing me talk about myself all the time... just tell me. ;-)

I am pretty hard to annoy, but there is one person that I find annoying and this is what I find annoying:
1) the person talks all about them self the whole round entire round!!!! and how bad a** they are yet they are not that good, especially if I can beat them and I am not that good. no joke, the person talks about them self the whole entire time!
2) or how they have to talk about their best throw or what they threw on every hole!! And I mean every hole...I just one hole, but every hole, like "I got done throwing 3 shots on this and I parked them all within 15 feet!!" all day every day!
3) the person acts like the whole world is about them and that isn't an exaggeration.

lets hear it...what annoys you. and to call me annoying is not this discussion...what annoys you? who knows, maybe the annoying person will actually see what annoys others and they might have not seen it.

Yeah I know those guys...I can tolerate it for a while but it gets old when it NEVER ends during a round. You described a couple of people I know perfectly. :wall:

I get irritated at guys that try and tell me how to throw my shot after I missed my line a little, I know how to throw the shot or I wouldn't have even attempted it, it is what it is, it was a shot I've thrown 100 times before it just so happened that I missed my line while you are present.

I might add, these are mostly the people that I introduced to the game and they conveniently 'forgot' that over the years and now they are the know it all's that are going to correct me.

Or the ones that are 3 putting every hole and then trying to tell me all they know about putting and how I could change my form and putt better although I just birdied 6 out of the 9 last holes, uhhh okay, check yourself.

These are usually just casual rounds but it still gets annoying, play YOUR game and shaddup, don't worry about what I'm doin.

My biggest pet peeve is people that leave their cigarette butts and beer cans behind. Also not a big fan of loud groups shouting unnecessarily, especially expletives. Often times, these are the same groups leaving their butts behind and stopping to get stoned a few times during the round. Get a life and leave the course for those of us that can respect it.

What I find annoying happened to me this weekend. While playing with a group (None except 2 in the group of 6 had ever played together before), one of the players thought it was ok to pull out what looked like a prop from a cheech and chong movie and light up. I was downwind and was upset to say the least. Now I really don't care what others do with their time in private, but when in a public place you should have some respect for others. Im still pissed about what happened. And no, it was not in Colorado.

I'm with you on this. It has happened to me at least three different times during tournament play, they just light up in front of me and i even had one person blow it in my face. The thing I dont get is these people don't know who I am and they just do it, what if i was a off duty police officer enjoying disc golf. How would someone like it if i went to spit since I chew and it landed on them, im sure a fight might happen.

I hate it when people get all annoyed when I yell and kick my bag during a round. Hey, I'm having a bad round, I got to let my negative energy out. Why can't you just let me be me?

What I find annoying happened to me this weekend. While playing with a group (None except 2 in the group of 6 had ever played together before), one of the players thought it was ok to pull out what looked like a prop from a cheech and chong movie and light up. I was downwind and was upset to say the least. Now I really don't care what others do with their time in private, but when in a public place you should have some respect for others. Im still pissed about what happened. And no, it was not in Colorado.

Dude I totally know what you mean. The other day I was sitting at a stop light, just minding my own business. When all of the sudden the guy downwind from me starts to roast his tires. I mean he lets off this huge, smoky burn out which looked like an outtake from a Fast and Furious movie. And knowing that spinning tires is against the law in these parts, my nostrils were immediately offended. I mean I don't care what this guy does in private, and it doesn't affect me in any way, shape, or form...but come on! I'm so friggin' pissed! Livid, I tell you! And this isn't even Colorado!

I am pretty hard to annoy, but there is one person that I find annoying and this is what I find annoying:
1) the person talks all about them self the whole round entire round!!!! and how bad a** they are yet they are not that good, especially if I can beat them and I am not that good. no joke, the person talks about them self the whole entire time!
2) or how they have to talk about their best throw or what they threw on every hole!! And I mean every hole...I just one hole, but every hole, like "I got done throwing 3 shots on this and I parked them all within 15 feet!!" all day every day!
3) the person acts like the whole world is about them and that isn't an exaggeration.

lets hear it...what annoys you. and to call me annoying is not this discussion...what annoys you? who knows, maybe the annoying person will actually see what annoys others and they might have not seen it.

I know that guy. He keeps talking about turning pro, but has a sub 900 rating -- or would if he wasn't too cheap to join the pdga.

Tries to bond with best player in the group like they are the only ones who really understand the subtleties of dg. Gets rejected, then picks someone not as good as he is, and starts "teaching."

That guy?

I get irritated at guys that try and tell me how to throw my shot after I missed my line a little, I know how to throw the shot or I wouldn't have even attempted it, it is what it is, it was a shot I've thrown 100 times before it just so happened that I missed my line while you are present.

I might add, these are mostly the people that I introduced to the game and they conveniently 'forgot' that over the years and now they are the know it all's that are going to correct me.

Or the ones that are 3 putting every hole and then trying to tell me all they know about putting and how I could change my form and putt better although I just birdied 6 out of the 9 last holes, uhhh okay, check yourself.

These are usually just casual rounds but it still gets annoying, play YOUR game and shaddup, don't worry about what I'm doin.

lol...I agree with this, coincidentally since this guy is such a "bad a**" he is constantly correcting players on our card...you need to put your leg right here and keep them close or keep them far...etc...now shake it = )

...lol....shaddup = )

I know that guy. He keeps talking about turning pro, but has a sub 900 rating -- or would if he wasn't too cheap to join the pdga.

Tries to bond with best player in the group like they are the only ones who really understand the subtleties of dg. Gets rejected, then picks someone not as good as he is, and starts "teaching."

That guy?

lol...you just about had that right = ) every year for the past 3 years, he has had someone to "mentor" and teach him the ways of the disc = ) and I know he isn't that good especially if I can beat him and I am not that good either.

The guy you complains about lack of run up room on 200' holes. He's also the guy who starts two steps behind the box whatever the length of the box is.

Not really a fan of playing with people who are dark clouds. You know the type, constantly mad at themselves, complaining about how bad they're playing, how they are capable of playing better, finding excuses for everything, constantly grumbling to themselves, etc., etc., etc. I'll tolerate it during the round, but I won't answer their calls or let them know when we are going out to throw.

Not talking is my pet peeve. Take it too serious. I am already adding an hour to a round that should take half the time and now I have to sit in awkward silence because you got your game face on and don't want to talk. I don't talk non stop but for me casual round tourney round they are all the same. You can talk while I putt, while I tee off it doesn't matter to. Me. I can zone alll that out. It really amazes me the amount of people that don't like people walking 4 fairways over or talking. I get it to a point, good thing you play disc golf and not baseball or basketball.

Side note I was at the ryder cup last year and Ian Poulter stepped on the first tee and told everyone to scream while he teed off. It was awesome and shows that regardless of noise or commotion if you are head strong you can block everything else out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts