• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Another DG piece in the Los Angeles Times

http://www.latimes.com/socal/la-canada-valley-sun/community/tn-vsl-me-disc-golf-20160223-story.html

A quick 200-ish word recap of this weekend's WTO. Of course there aren't 80k ACTIVE PDGA members, but that's the only flub. No big deal at all, in my view.

I'm curious if Jussi will be getting the same kind of press in the LAT or OC Register with La Mirada coming up.

I'm thinking the recent press, both the article about McBeth and this tournament coverage, might just be related to if not instigated by the DGWT and its upcoming event.

I'm thinking the recent press, both the article about McBeth and this tournament coverage, might just be related to if not instigated by the DGWT and its upcoming event.

Makes sense. I don't really see anyone other than Jussi actually reaching outside the disc golf bubble with his PR & media efforts. And he was definitely on the scene at WTO this whole weekend representing so, again it makes sense if he's got a line into someone over at the LAT. i guess we'll know for sure once La Mirada rolls around.

Makes sense. I don't really see anyone other than Jussi actually reaching outside the disc golf bubble with his PR & media efforts. And he was definitely on the scene at WTO this whole weekend representing so, again it makes sense if he's got a line into someone over at the LAT. i guess we'll know for sure once La Mirada rolls around.

That's fantastic. Regardless of who is behind it, I'm glad to see someone reaching out and making some MSM contacts.

I work at the LAT and pitched the idea about an article on Paul (to our Sports Editor) after seeing the cover story about Ricky W. in South Carolina Living magazine. The editor really liked the idea and quickly assigned someone on staff. After contacting Paul on the DL with the help of an Innova/HB insider, I had no further participation in the story.

If you want to see more DG coverage in the LAT then visit the website to read the articles and write to the staff through contact info at latimes.com. And share, share, share via social media.

I had no idea they were going to write a little something about the WTO but I'm glad they did. Thanks for sharing, Corin.

-BDG

Latest posts