• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Any love for the Pulse?

simpletwist

* Ace Member *
A FH throwers dream. I just got one 2 weeks ago in a trade. Love at first site, and then I threw it. Nice. Straight as an arrow or long, hard left turn (LHFH) when I need it. Like a Flick with 50' more D. I only wish I had the form, and strength to throw it to its potential. Great into the wind.

Any other Pulse lovers out there?

It's a lot like a star destroyer (not the super overstable domey ones). Not a huge fan of it but I like it.

It's a decent live CD. I replaced the batteries and the LED still blinks on the side of the binding.

Oh...wait...we're not talking about Pink Floyd, are we?

I'm actually currious as to what people think about this disc. I was considering it for more max d wind fighter/ overstable utility. Though I've heard word that it has nose angle issues that cause it to be finicky because of the odd groove where the flight plate meets the rim.

I got one a long time ago thinking I needed a FH specialty disc and given my crappy FH it wasnt bad, but I since started to try to learn to just FH my BH discs.

I use one as a 'meathook' either FH or BH depending on the shot. It is great in the wind also. i played a few weeks ago in 20+ wind, this was the first time i've used for more than just one shot and I loved it. I didn't start using it untill hole 7 or 8 and it made a big difference right away. usually it's too much disc for me but i worked great in the wind.

i just lost my pulse yesterday! It was ok. It was pretty overstable for me. I don't really get the hype about it being a forehand disc, other than that it didn't flip when i thew it forehand.

For me at least, the mark of a really good FH disc is a thin, flat, profile with a wide wing. The Pulse and Flick both great FH discs, fit that bill.

I think the Pulse kind of got lost in the shuffle. IIRC, it came out as a response to the Teerex (or was it the other way around?) and then the Destroyer came out a year or so later so most people forgot about the moderately overstable, speed 11 discs. It may have had run to run consistency issues as well, but that's pretty much true for most all speed 11+ discs.

Nope. It is ESP plactic only. I have a thing against ESP and Star plastic, seems contradictory to me to pay more for something that doesn't last as long. I don't have problem with grip on Z or Champ plastic, so don't need to spend $3 more per disc that won't hold up to trees and rocks nearly as well (I play heavily wooded courses for the most part).

Nope. It is ESP plactic only. I have a thing against ESP and Star plastic, seems contradictory to me to pay more for something that doesn't last as long. I don't have problem with grip on Z or Champ plastic, so don't need to spend $3 more per disc that won't hold up to trees and rocks nearly as well (I play heavily wooded courses for the most part).

Personally I like the grip better with ESP/Star especially when its wet. And the added depth in the rim of the Pulse over the Flick makes it more surehanded. Also I tend to sweat a lot so I have more confidence with the Pulse. I wish the Flick came in ESP plastic. Once the cold and wet of winter moves in the Flick usually stays at home. I'm hoping the Pulse will work out nicely once the snow flies.

The one I had I loved, nice D and cosistant fade, I enjoyed throwing it as a backhand drive cause of the consistency

Im thinking about giving my Pulse a shot at OH throws. Its been sitting for a while with the Flicks in the bag but it might be really well suited for that shot.

i threw the Pulse for a little while and realized i'd rather use an Avenger or Wraith for these kinds of shots. something just didn't feel right about the Pulse's feel and flight.

Latest posts