• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any thoughts on the third-run Hyzerbomb Flak?

tombrinkman01

I took too much time deciding between the Flak and the Grip, and missed out on the third-run Hyzerbomb preorder -- now I want to know what I'm missing out on.
Please post your reviews of the latest run of the Flak and post pics too.

As far as I know, the 3rd run still has not come to fruition. I had one on preorder and HB was not satisfied with the quality, so they refunded me. I haven't seen any new updates on the 3rd run since.

As far as I know, the 3rd run still has not come to fruition. I had one on preorder and HB was not satisfied with the quality, so they refunded me. I haven't seen any new updates on the 3rd run since.

Wow, thanks. I'm glad I got the Grip then -- even if it is too small.

This.

IMO, once they finally do get made/released they'll be the best backpack style bag out there ... it's basically a Dual Pack without any of the flaws (better drink holders, hard plastic lining on bottom of top compartment so it doesn't sag onto discs, bigger opening to get discs out, molded internal frame rather than plastic cage).

I've been waiting for a while now, but I'm glad they did give us a refund rather than keeping us waiting/guessing.

Bump for anymore info on these. I also had one pre-ordered and got a refund, but the project manager said they were expecting to have them done in eight weeks -- it will be 10 weeks on Friday since the email that he told me that. I've emailed him multiple times since then for updates, and assurance that we'll be able to use the 10% discount and get the original bag we ordered, and I haven't heard anything. Anyone know anything I'm missing?

The only thing I'm at liberty to say about the Flak3 is that good things come to those who wait. :popcorn:

3rd run Flak will be better than ever.

This.

IMO, once they finally do get made/released they'll be the best backpack style bag out there ... it's basically a Dual Pack without any of the flaws (better drink holders, hard plastic lining on bottom of top compartment so it doesn't sag onto discs, bigger opening to get discs out, molded internal frame rather than plastic cage).

I've been waiting for a while now, but I'm glad they did give us a refund rather than keeping us waiting/guessing.

I have confirmation that the bags are being revamped and they will be taking preorders again very soon. Word on the street is that a couple of disc golf bag companies in the South have joined forces and have put resources together to make 2013 a big year.

Well I'm waiting to get a backpack bag and it's down to the Flak and possibly the Voodoo bag depending on how that turns out (supposed to be some info released this week?)

Probably use those for a long time ... unless a better bag comes along ;)

Yeah, I don't know what's officially allowed to be discussed, so I won't step on any toes. But HB made the decision to go in a different direction with their bags much like Voodoo has. It's definitely for the best in the end, it's just going to involve some waiting.

I have been told that in Feb/March, Hyzerbomb will reopen orders for the Flak3 and the Atomic bags. The bags themselves were moved to a new manufacturer because the quality wasn't where Wes wanted them (as most people already know, and is the reason behind the refunds of the Flak3), and the transition to creating a whole new run of bags is the cause of the current delay.

The new runs of the Flak (which, honestly could be called 3.5) and Atomic bags will be damn near bulletproof. I've also been told that they will be made and shipped to preorder holders before the new Voodoo backpack or the DD bags.

That is all I am at liberty to say. More info should be made available from the source in the Feb/March timelines.