• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any Thumber or Tomahawk Aces?

I have witnessed thumber aces, most of them bounced in... I have a skip-thumber cubby ace.

Throw a thumber at the ground so it lands upside down, they get the coolest skips.

i didnt get an ace with one but i had a nice 125' approach shot go in on a tomahawk just messing around

I have only witnessed a nasty birdie that was thrown with tons of heat on a str8 line on an uphill basket. The disc hit the basket VERY hard, and easily goes down as one of the coolest things I have ever seen in the game.

When I was knew I threw tomahawk a lot, I liked my viking to. I threw this viking and it went fairly high, I thought it was going to pass the hole, hit a tree and fell into the basket for my first ace.

I have 1 Thumber ace of about 275 with a very gummy Gateway Savage over some trees and just tuck in the bottom of the basket.

I also have wait my friends and i call a "Roto Rooter" Ace, where you throw the disc like a tomahawk or thumber but at the ground so it lands on its back and skips out. I throw this when messing around usually but when I was working on a RHFH shot I used to throw this quite a bit. One hole in particular I hit basket on many times until this year. I threw it landed flat on its back skipped out and hit dead center chains prolly the coolest ace I have thrown even though it was only a 200 foot hole it was still awesome. The best part was though that it was on my birthday! No one can buy you something that gives you that same feeling.

I aced this hole with a star whippet-x on a thumber. Only overhand ace.

a965f371.jpg

if i failed again it is hole 7 at red arrow park

Last edited:
I thumber aced a hole with a Star Max last year. It landed short and left of the basket and took one skip right into the chains. It was about 240 feet. I have hit basket about 3-4 other times with thumbers, definitely my most accurate shot to make ace runs with.

I had a bounce out on hole #4 at Bryant Lake Park in MN. I threw a high thumber with ESP Venom and it came down on the basket at around on 65-70 degree descent. It hit the chains hard (which pushed them back to the pole), then it hit the bottom of the basket with so much force it bounced back up as the chains swung back out pushing my disc out of the basket about 5 feet! Coolest non-ace I've ever thrown!

f18eae1e.jpg

b0039651.jpg

Don't throw it so high so it has a chance to hit the chains and stay in as opposed to coming in hot and glancing off of metal. :wall:

I have one thumber ace on hole six short tee at Oshtemo. Champ Orc, called it while walking down the path from five to six.

Last edited:
Yep, I picked up a Limited Edition ESP Venom (for thumbers and tommies) a few years back and never regretted it! :thmbup:

all my "roids" come from nature...thumber aces are the sickest... some of the best **** you will ever see, hole#9 hornets nest, and hole #11 kilborne(bounced in)

Latest posts