• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone been injured playing disc golf?

Yeah I have had blood drawn a few times being in thorns at Fort Custer. They are just huge.
And of course other people have been injured. Elbows, shoulders, hands broken on trees, backs go out.
Worst disc golf injury I ever saw has to be when a guy got caught in the face this most recent Cracked Plastic and he had blood running down his cheek. Looked like a scarface type injury.

done the same thing off a teepad but got lucky it wasnt a sprain and i just walked it off, i have sprained my ankle skateboarding and when i did get up i saw stars too and fell over, that sucked,and it never really healed right so it tends to suck with the walking involved with disc golf but its not too bad

I took a nasty fall in early 2010 at Shore Winds. Stepped on what looked like a snow drift...was actually a buried fallen tree that was covered in ice, then snow. As I stepped on it my foot slid out and my other knee just smashed into it. I had to take a month and a half right off of disc golf.

Feel better!

\/\/

Long story short, I was out playing disc golf yesterday by myself and overstepped the cement tee pad on my follow through. I throw RHBH so when my left foot landed 4" lower and over the pad I heard a loud pop!

Yeah, you have to be careful around teepads that aren't flush with the ground, it's an epidemic that needs to be stopped. Down with lazy teepad installers!!! :thmbdown:

Sorry to hear about your ankle; bones of the lower torso take FOREVER to reform, refuse, and remodel. Get well buddy. :thmbup:

My only DG injury so far, knock on wood, is tendinitis in my forearm for not following through properly.

just played a tourney this weekend and a veteran player fell off the tee pad into the creek and snapped his collar bone! stood around the rest of the day with a bag of ice on his shoulder

Jan 2009 - Tore up my ankle in an Ice Bowl and missed 2 months (Only tourney I have ever not finished).
Summer 2007 - Raining, Slick Tee-pad, Plant foot shoots forward, back foot catches - You get the picture. Pulled groin will slow you down for a while.

Friend of mine bad on hole #2 at Rotary park in Huntington WV about a year ago. He had to be carried off the mountain to the ambulance and missed about 4 months.

i got a bone spur in my elbow. had it removed feb 8. the worst pain in my life after the surgery. now i'm off from work recovering at home for 3 more weeks with an arm brace. yesterday, i did walk the course with some friends. i'm hoping to be back on the course by june. i'm sure i will be nervous throwing my first time back.

i haven't sustained any real injuries playing disc golf, but i've injured plenty of trees with my shots

I cracked a couple of ribs by jumping across a creek at Oregon Park. My jump was short and my ribcage slammed into the creek bank. The guys I was playing with still give me grief every time we play there.

Last winter I pulled the longheads and shortheads of my left bicep by not following thru properly on my FH drives. I had to take a couple weeks off because I could barely move my arm.

I hope you heal quickly.

I just searched the word prerube on google ... The first few things that comes up in google are vaginal cream.. :p haha.. just thought it was funny!

Yes. Yes it is.

yes, all this walking in deep snow for 2 or 3 rounds a day is is messing up my knees. heavy boots, heavy snow, lately i'm limping by the end.

I was playing our newest course yesterday, and it was ice and rock hard ground with acorns dislidging on all the hills. It was really treacherous, and my feet feel it today. Playing earlier in the winter as pictured below was much more fun.

Attachments

• IMG00052-20101215-1609.jpg
    IMG00052-20101215-1609.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG00055-20101215-1645.jpg
    IMG00055-20101215-1645.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG00056-20101215-1646.jpg
    IMG00056-20101215-1646.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 248
I've fallen off the front of the teepad and rolled an ankle and didn't see a tree on my follow through and smacked my hand on it in the warm up round. Made the tournament hard to play in.

I have a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder from playing too hard too much. I still play through the pain. It's great to hear the pops and cracking sounds and see everyone else grossed out by it when I throw.

Latest posts