• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone else addicted to buying new discs?

Unzbuzzled

My friends and I have recently gotten pretty big into disc golf, and we've all been building our bags from scratch. It just seems like every disc I try and like I have to buy. I bought at least 15 discs in the last three months, and some of them are just backups to models I throw a lot. Is there something wrong with my head or is this a normal thing?

EDIT Here is my current collection: http://imgur.com/nL2W718

Since I've posted that, I've been dwarfed by other people's collections. Let's see yours!

Welcome. The longer you play and more your bag solidifies the less you need to switch discs. It is pretty normal especially here among the yahoos of disc golf to have huge stacks of discs and backups.

Same. always trying new discs and so I now have a sizable stack of discs that either don't work for me or I don't like. Probably would be mostly solved by having a disc golf "pro shop" nearby where I can get my hands on some discs before I buy them. Oh well, at least they are cheap!

I sold a bunch of plastic a few months ago, trying to thin out my collection. Christmas bonus came and I am off the wagon... just ordered two of Legacy's new release, the Gauge. Also purchased two Leopards in G Star Plastic, a Vibram VP, Obex, and an Innova Panther.

Not so much anymore, but I think 90% of the people that hang out on disc golf forums have been through that phase.

When I first started I was crazy for new discs..well mostly bought here or traded. Now I have to convince myself to try something new. My bag has pretty much remain unchanged for 5 years.

My hat is off to that. However; may i tempt you to try, loan or borrow a Warden? Or if you like a glo Z Buzz a _very_ similar Suspect?

I was hooked on getting new plastic for a good bit over the summer since I started. That has slowed down unfortunately due to not working but I have still gotten a few with Christmas and such. I still always feel the want for new discs but I also am still learning my current selection. Just picked up a dx Roc and Wolf new years day and won an esp avenger ss so that's my new disc fix for the time being

I might have a minor addiction to buying used discs. Play It Again, Sports, and Ebay are my enablers. I save a few bucks and the discs are already somewhat beat-in.

I use to be that way for many years. Found stuff I liked and found stuff that just didn't work for me.

Now I just buy copies of what I throw when I have the money. I like keeping a few extra around just incase. Plus I like getting Eagles When I find them. I keep telling my self I'll put them back in the bag,but I like my Cyclones too much. Oh and Nukes too,don't use it no more but I like a Nuke too.

I've been that way for years. It seems that I want to try new discs for the fun of it.

It's usually a four for one trade in for brand new discs at the disc golf store, so the obvious "bad buys" get traded in for the next new disc I need to try.

It's still cheaper than ball golf.