• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone ever lost their fav dye?

picture.php

Was in the bag less than a week, then I ended up throwing it into a small little creek at a tourney this weekend. I completely f-ed up the rest of my round. Super pissed.:mad::thmbdown::wall::sick:

That is a shame because that dye was pretty amazing.

Just recently had to trade a disc to get back my favorite and first dye. Guy was bragging about his round, pulled out my disc (name and number still on it) and spun it on his finger.

I lost it the day after a torrential downpour when the creek was about 10 feet deep and moving fast. Apparently some teenagers found it a week later (they were standing by us when the guy told me this) and sold it to the person who was bragging. I'm glad my buddy was there, I was speechless pretty much. These same kids also claimed to call people when they find discs, yet didn't call me. Only got the disc back because I have pics of it in the middle of my dye process on my phone.

Worst part is not it has someones name (not mine) in sharpie huge 5 inch letters on the bottom of the flight plate. And they won't come off with acetone.

Worst part

Yep. Had to leave behind a banana yellow star katana with a FLCL stamp. Still waiting to see it pop up again in someone's bag...:mad:

This one bounced off tree and flew 20 ft sideways into the bottom of lake ontario on the Toronto Island. If it wasn't mid winter i woulda jumped in after it. Was such a sad day
DrSwiss640.JPG

That design is so slick it's ridiculous! I'm sad to hear it's no longer with you. I see ink on it...I'd be surprised if it isn't returned to you at some point.

Was it original artwork?

That design is so slick it's ridiculous! I'm sad to hear it's no longer with you. I see ink on it...I'd be surprised if it isn't returned to you at some point.

Was it original artwork?

I didnt make the dye obviously but it appears to be a dr. Seuss kind of thing.

YES.

*refuses to throw dyed discs*

I have 6 dyed discs now, and I throw them. I've lost some discs in water, but use gridding processes in search and rescue, so its hard for a disc to escape me on land.

More than I care to admit. Including the disc in my avatar. Threw that one in a river a week after I dyed it. The river was frozen out to about 10 feet from the shore. Sucked because you could see it sitting right in the middle. Just didn't want to freeze my butt off getting it out. Of course I never got a call on it.

I've lost a few and have concluded that no one will call you if they find your dyed disc. The chance of a call gets even less likely based on the awesomeness of the dye.

Not sure if this thread actually makes me feel better about my loss or collectivly worse for the dyeing community. Losing a dye sucks so much more then a regular disc.

I haven't done a lot of dyeing, just a couple really simple designs with one color and contact paper. My first dye was turning a favorite star wraith into pac-man, looked kinda cool flying. It looked less cool flying way out into Lake Ontario when I released way early on one of the water holes at Shore Acres.

Another fallen soldier :(
picture.php

Holy hell. How did you make this one? Did you just cut single exacto lines between nodes?

Sadly, it looks like a design that will turn into a one-color disc once the dye begins to blur even a little.

Kickass job, though.

Did you just cut single exacto lines between nodes?

It was plotter cut, I weeded out all of the negative spaces between the lines and left the lines masked off. This was on a Lat64 GL Bolt, so the plastic already had a nice shimmer to it, and the wine red dye with this pattern only enhanced the aesthetics.

I put a few nice dyes in the waters of Flyboy. If a disc has got to go, Flyboy's the place :)

lost and found

a local Disc shop owner just this last year lost one of his favorite dyed discs on a course. a couple weeks later someone came into his shop trying to sell it back to him not realizing that the person they were selling it too was the guy that lost it in the first place. I think he did give him some store credit for returning the disc.

Latest posts