• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone highly offended by the term frolf?

It weeds out the hacks so it's cool. It also introduced me to an even better term - bolf. That way, I can go fling discs during a round of golf and my friends are clear I'm not bolfing.

frolf frolf frolf frolf ahrahrhghagh i am a moron

*has some sort of emotional reaction triggered by the word frolf* feh...

So we have this hairy, hairy, Pomeranian (who is actually named Chuck Norris, but I digress...) whom we usually call "Fluffy" but lately his nickname has kinda degraded to "Frolfy." I like it on a dog.

Dr. Fred (see 10 years ago on the old rec.sport.disc newsgroup) used to call it "dolf" and his screen name was "dolfwyz".

I still have Freds biz card he gave me when he first built his course in Lake Stevens, Wa.
I got to play a round with him one day when he wasnt busy doing his dentist thing in town.
The course still has 19 of his catching targets, each one unique.

You're right, the card has his www.dolf.com address, I guess he liked that term, as well as his old [email protected] mailbox on it.

Still nobody using his catching target catch phrase yet
" A putt above the rest " :D

i like the term and i think i'm going to start using it more....anyone up for some frolf, or do you just want to toss around the friz

Back in the day it was originaly known as frisbee golf or folf for short. Whamo started enforcing the copyright on frisbee and the name had to be changed to disc golf!

Back in the day it was originaly known as frisbee golf or folf for short. Whamo started enforcing the copyright on frisbee and the name had to be changed to disc golf!

themoreyouknow2w.jpg

i like the term and i think i'm going to start using it more....anyone up for some frolf, or do you just want to toss around the friz

yeah man i'm down. meet me at the ole' Frolfin' Hole, be sure to bring your PFnA (pro frolf 'n' assoc.) approved chuckin-pucks and we'll perfect our "techniques"

Frolf is just to close to froth. Sounds dirty. "you wanna go play some frolf" ~ just sounds like their gonna swap man juices or something heh

Latest posts