• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Anyone on dga

westdisc91

Bogey Member
Does anyone play all dga. My course I just see innova and dynamic. Kinda like dga line. Just bought a breaker today. Looking for a rogue soon.

I've used a Torrent and a Hellfire some and they are both pretty good. The Hellfire is a good Flick/Firebird type control/utility driver and the Torrent flat bombs if you can throw it full speed.

Someone on here is sponsored by DGA.

I forget their user name though.
Titanic_Sinks (Sias Elmore) is a DGA sponsored pro. I'm sure he'd be happy to explain the different DGA molds you might have questions on.

I would gladly have an all dga bag BUT they are too slow with releasing their discs in all plastics.
Love the pipeline but want an SP without paying 20$. Love the Steady but the base plastic is trash. I mean TRASH
I keep few molds in my bag and i rely on several plastics for each mold to fill my gaps.

I like how they slowly release molds but why cant i have a stock Premium Stready a year after it was relased?
I got love for DGA though, just cant seem to keep them in the bag. They seem to have too many gaps at the moment. IMO

The Rogue is a nice replacement for the now OOP Discraft Flash.

I'm pretty sure the Rogue is a Surge SS with a spacer (just like the Breaker seems to be a Ringer with a spacer). I think the Surge SS is a better replacement for the Flash. In terms of stability OS to US: Rogue > Surge SS > Flash.

I live 20 minutes from the DGA headquarters, and I know and play with all those guys pretty frequently, so I consider myself at least a partial expert on their discs.

The ones I carry personally are:

- Proline Hurricane: Mine is in a limited run of Flex Proline, this flies a lot like the first flight Hurricanes, straight to slightly overstable out of the box with a ton of glide. This replaced my wraith.

- Proline Pipeline: This disc fits between my more worn champion teebird and my leopard. It has turn out of the box, but with enough height it fights back. Excellent tailwind disc.

- Proto Proline Quake: Overstable midrange. Feels great in the hand and the Proline plastic is top notch on this disc. Fills the same gap as a drone or a gator. In fact, it replaced a champ gator I had in my bag for 2+ years. My new favorite disc in my bag.

- Glow Breaker: Awesome approach and driving putter. Has excellent high speed stability and reliable fade when fresh. As it broke in, it stays straight longer before the fade.

- D Line Reef: Beat in a lighter weight and you are set for all of your floaty upshots, go for it putts, and understable approaches. Very underrated disc

Other DGA discs that I've thrown

- Torrent: Max speed disc, flies slightly understable with a strong finish back to center. Similar to a Nuke in flight.

- Rogue: Speed 10-11ish control driver. Hyzer flips great, very straight flight for those with less power, more turn for powerful players.

- Hellfire: Overstable fairway/control driver. Like a Firebird or a Predator but with a more comfortable rim (when compared to the Pred IMO)

- Undertow: Understable fairway driver. Good hyzer flip disc in SP plastic. More understable in Proline

- Squall: Probably the best and most versatile disc DGA makes. This one comes in and out of my bag depending on the course. Hybrid midrange/short fairway driver. Flies the way you release it. Period. Buy one and thank me later.

- Aftershock: Similar in flight to a Roc.

- Steady: Most popular putter for the DGA team. Similar to a Wizard/KC Pro Aviar/Judge etc... For stiffer plastic, try to find a Stone Steady.

Does anyone play all dga. My course I just see innova and dynamic. Kinda like dga line. Just bought a breaker today. Looking for a rogue soon.

Plenty of people in Southern California throw DGA (maybe because of the proximity to the company and Steady Ed Headrick's stomping grounds, the World's First, Oak Grove DGC.) If I put an all DGA bag together it would definitely work:

-The Breaker is close to being my favorite disc. If I feel my touch game is off, where backing down on a mid would be less accurate than me throwing 75%-85%, I pull out the breaker. 250ft-300ft.

-SP Huricanes have great turn resistance. I've 3 max weight ones I'd rate: 0 HSS, 3 LSS. I've heard at least two people call them beefy Destroyers, and that has been my experience. Here's the 'Cane in action: https://youtu.be/0hhSA97miOs?t=543 I don't have the arm to flip up mine :)

-Squall is a tweener, but I'd bag it for my mid if I went all DGA. It has a broad power range. I've seen some amazingly accurate shots with this disc. (Not by me, but I'd work on it!)

-Pipelines are money. In the last couple years Proline has felt and looked more like Big Z than ESP to me. I'd definitely pick up a stack if I was switching, because this would be the go to turnover or hyzerflip to straight driver.

-Rogue would be my go to. Feels great in the hand, decent distance, with a trusty fade.

-Undertows for hyzerflips that keep turning.

-#4 Steady Midnight flyer for a putter. Feels like a Wizard, heard it flies like one too. Haven't used it cause it's going to be part of a giant wall clock along with my #1, #2, and #3.

I don't like the hand feel of Hellfire's and Tsunamis, but these would be the options for utility. Tsunami is an old Predator mold and has similar late curl at the rim (like an FL if you're only familiar with Innova) Hellfire even moreso. This is just a quirky preference though...

It would be a minimalist bag, but would work. You could always throw Discraft in the mix (which I do) as they mold all of DGA's plastic, and have variations of their molds.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
The Breaker is one of my all time favorite driving putters. I like the Tsunami as well. Mids are ok. I like the Aftershock. I see a little of it floating around here and there but not much. They need better baseline plastics for sure though.

Breakers dope. And the hellfire is one hell of a disc too!

Shasta cris plays all dga
Peterson McBride used to as well

An SP Rogue is the only DGA disc I've ever bagged for more than a round or two. It's my main roller disc, but I've recently started throwing it on air shots as well. Great disc.

If anyone is genuinely curious about trying a DGA disc, or wants to stock up on anything, pm me before 12:00 pm tomorrow!

You can always pm me if you have questions that need answers fast. For some reason, I can't log in to this forum if I'm on wifi, but I get the email alert if someone pms.

Latest posts