• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone Putt with a Summit?

I don't use a Summit, but have witnessed some disgustingly good putting from brotherdave several times with his. I'm sure practice and technique help, but it can't be all bad and make some of the shots I've seen him sink.

Summit and Pure:
Photo%2520Jul%252013%252C%252012%252058%252001%2520PM.jpg

That looks like my kind of putter

Just got the Summit in the Birdie Bash - I was impressed and ineffective at the same time. It seemed really fast, super straight. I've only putted with mids or an Aviar, and the Summit was like neither, and so I missed far and to the left almost every putt.

I could see really getting to like this disc though; always wanted a straight putter.

I switch back and forth between the medium Summit and the zero Pure. Similar feel in the hand and both dead straight to the basket in the circle. The main difference being that my Summits are in the exact same condition that they were the day I got them. It's about time to replace the Pures.

I have a couple of soft summits
I now use for all shorter approach shots and danger putts
But for standard putting in the circle I still use magics
they feel and fly very similar for me

I use a summit for long putts and ones where I need to put some turn on them. Really comfy in the hand and also a good upshot disc. If I didn't have a mancrush on the ridge I'd use the summit as an in the circle putter.

As you see in the photo, the Summit has a really rounded nose. The Sole has more of an distinct PL and slightly beveled lower edge. The Sole is also taller at 2.3 vs 1.9 cm. So It depends on the feel you want.

I used the Sole at a recent BB and while it worked pretty good for me, I liked the feel of my SSS Magic better and wasn't thrilled enough to change. I traded someone for a Ridge which I'm trying as a short drive and approach, since I have a hard time getting a comfortable and effective power grip on the traditional putters.

I've been using the Summit almost exclusively lately because i love the feel of it. Still missing long often, but i feel it's only a matter of time. I can chuck one of these pretty far as well, for a putter and my rubber arm at least.

Spush putter here. I use a Summit as a long putter currently (> 45ft) paired with a Zero Pure (inside 45'). Both fly the same within the circle, but the Pure has some fade at the end of it's flight, whereas my Summit goes straight until it hits the ground. Like a beat in Pure that will just hold the sweet spot...

Spush putter here. I use a Summit as a long putter currently (> 45ft) paired with a Zero Pure (inside 45'). Both fly the same within the circle, but the Pure has some fade at the end of it's flight, whereas my Summit goes straight until it hits the ground. Like a beat in Pure that will just hold the sweet spot...

awwwwwwww a fellow spush putter. Really is the beet of both worlds!

I can personally attest to loving the Summit as well. I push putt within the circle and spin putt for longer putts. What I like most about it is that it doesn't glide as much as other putters do. Because of this you have to give it a bit more 'oomph' but the disc will not go very far past the basket in case of a missed putt. Also the grip on this disc, especially in the rain, doesnt even compare to others, its just that good.

of the vibram putters I used the ridge. Did testing with all 3 and thought the summit was okay for putting. Ridge is the better driver and approach disc. As for putting the ridge is great and the summit right behind. Try more putters, the summit is just okay. It clicks for BroD I guess.

Latest posts