• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

anyone seen this new disc?

mesaranger

Par Member
I was going to the local disc golf store today to exchange some old plastic for store credit and they just recieved a new shippment from Innova. So I decided to hang out and help him sort and display the discs, when I came upon a "Champion Epic".... when did this happen?

champ-epic.jpg

:shock: Ya know that wouldn't surprise me if Innova did that.

Jesse B 707 said:
i like how he even did the rim

I dunno man, I don't think it's a joke. Specially with all the new releases Innova is doing lately.

Look at the disc, everything matches behind and nothing is blurred.

:?

I need to call Innova and see what's up.

what you think innova bought the mold from aerobie? :roll: and they are already shipping them out to stores but between all of us on this forum none of us had any info on it before hand? cmon now. not to mention his graffic in his signature, hes obviously got some PS skills

Jesse B 707 said:
what you think innova bought the mold from aerobie? :roll: and they are already shipping them out to stores but between all of us on this forum none of us had any info on it before hand? cmon now. not to mention his graffic in his signature, hes obviously got some PS skills

The epic is a wicked Thumber disc, and Innova definitely loves specialty discs.

My phone call confirmed it. They said they needed a disc designed just for Thumbers and they have been in discussions with Aerobie since early fall of 2007 about purchasing the mold and making a run in champion plastic because of the beating that thumbers take.
For the record I called Innova West.

True on the sig file, but come on, he doesn't have those kind of skills.

those kind of skills? i could have done that without too much trouble and i suck at photoshop. im calling shenanigans on this thread and after your calling innova comment on you too Fritzy :p

Jesse B 707 said:
those kind of skills? i could have done that without too much trouble and i suck at photoshop. im calling shenanigans on this thread and after your calling innova comment on you too Fritzy :p

Suit your self.

Jesse B 707 said:

most of that sig is images already made and then converted into what he needed. not much PS skillz needed.

you can faintly make out the actual rim of the original disc used. and seperately the added rim.

you cant really say that the colors are off because the innova part has light behind it and the champion part has a building behind it.

you wanna know the way to tell it fake?

It doesn't say pdga approved under innova logo nor does it have tm next to innova

I wouldn't doubt it's the real deal. Did arobie actually make the epic for thumbers, or did it just turn out to be good for them? From the package, it doesn't sound like it's a specialty thumber disc.

I've got one in my garage somewhr. Bought it last year, threw it backhand a few times, thought it sucked, but now I've gotta find it and try throwing thumbers with it!

Beetard said:
I wouldn't doubt it's the real deal. Did arobie actually make the epic for thumbers, or did it just turn out to be good for them? From the package, it doesn't sound like it's a specialty thumber disc.

I've got one in my garage somewhr. Bought it last year, threw it backhand a few times, thought it sucked, but now I've gotta find it and try throwing thumbers with it!

I've seen 500'+ thumbers with an Epic. I think it was an unintentional use that wasn't originally designed into the disc. It just happened.
Can't imagine a Champion Plastic Epic tho.

Latest posts