• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Anyone throw a Vibram driver

rdwyer

I know that there's a Vibram disc golf thread here, but I just wanted to see if any of you guys have thrown that Vibram driver. There was a kid at my course yesterday, and he was hucking it pretty far. He claimed it was understable.

Have any of you guys thrown this driver? if so, what are your thoughts?

I won the Trek/Trak in a contest 2 months ago, tried it both on the course and as a field driver, didn't much care for it for either, but I have little to no snap. I traded it for something and he (sidearm only with a decade of playing) never found a use for it, he throws mostly Vikings.

I have an Ascent in my bag. It feels nearly indestructible and I certainly would NOT call it understable. I'd call it stable with a hard fade.

I threw the Trek yesterday. It fits somewhere between an Eagle-L or Leopard- and if you take into account how molds can be drastically diff. in stability from disc to disc, that really isn't much of a gap. Rim looks almost identical to a TL.

The Ascent, however, is way more interesting to me. It throws like an 11x Teebird, to me personally. Such a slick disc.

I have a Firm Ascent, after a few rounds (and trees) it is under stable. It is a second run...and my Regular XLink is still slightly overstable and it is one of the first runs. The way that Firm has gotten beat after a few rounds is surprising. I was expecting it to be more durable. I'll post a photo later when I get a chance.

Latest posts