• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone try the Tailgating Doubles Variation?

tripp

Birdie Member
Scott Papa wrote about it in Discgolfer. Basically the second person to tee off has to throw before the first person's disc hits the ground. Otherwise they play the hole out worst shot. About a dozen of us got together and tried it on Xmas eve. We had a blast.

could be an interesting strategy to have the first guy just throw straight up into the air as hard as he can and then the second guy make his shot - then you get one not so rushed shot as opposed to two rushed shots.

looks fun though; will definitely be trying that out.

That could be a fun game. I would probably just go first and throw an Ion every time so my partner would have plenty of time to set up and throw.

Edit: May even need to bring a Comet along for extra hang time.

Scott Papa wrote about it in Discgolfer. Basically the second person to tee off has to throw before the first person's disc hits the ground. Otherwise they play the hole out worst shot. About a dozen of us got together and tried it on Xmas eve. We had a blast.

Hits the ground or comes to rest?

The Nati Disc Golf Shop had this before Christmas and it looked like fun. I'm not sure if they were rotating or not but whoever threw first on hole 1 should throw second on hole 2 so you don't always have the best player throwing with no kind of pressure on them.

Gosh damn Rockin John, tell that fool I said whats up