• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyones disc golf course overrun by Pokemon Go-ers driving around the course?

A bunch of docile Pokesheeple zombies is exactly what the government wants in an election year.

Too bad a lot of suckers have fallen for it.

Truth be told, the puppet masters were already pulling the strings long before this game came along...

265bcef5b40904e01129d6b5d511191c.jpg

What a thread drift. We're not talking politics, we're talking Pokémon.

And I can happily say that I've yet to see a Pokémon player, anywhere. Certainly not where I live or on my home course. Nor, it seems, in the sort of neighborhood where my office is located.

I wish I could say the same thing about this election.

(Oops, there we go again)

I had a mom and little boy (maybe 5) walking down a path that passes right next to the tee box at Jones Park in Holly Springs a couple of weeks ago. The little boy was very excited to be out looking for these things and came up to ask my buddies and me if we played the game. I made him repeat the name a couple of times and then proclaimed "I have never heard of that. Did you just make that word up?" I thought the kids head would explode. Then his mom chimes in with "there is one right here (pointing to the side of the path)". I told the boy "I don't see anything." His mom says "we have to catch it and then it will be real". So the boys gets the phone and "catches it". I look at the still empty ground and tell the kid "There is nothing there. you are just making it up aren't you?". Kid got so animated that the mom just grabbed his hand and led him away.

You enjoy being a douche to kids? Kid was excited and instead of trying to make a good impression, you decided to be an @ss.

Haven't seen anyone trying to drive on my home course, but a bunch of people are walking on it with their faces glued to their iPhones/smartphones. I've often had to say "heads up!" and show them my disc that I'm about to throw. They usually get out of the way. I've had four people ask me what game I'm playing, so I point out a basket, tell them it's like golf ball golf but we throw frisbees into the baskets, and like golf low score wins.

(shameless political addition): I'm most scared that someone is going to tell everyone the missing 33,000 emails are somewhere on Hole #8 of the DGC.... ;)

I haven't done it on the disc golf course (as of yet), but I have started playing this stupid game solely as a method to find some common ground with my teenage kids that play it. We've been on more unsolicited walks together in the last two weeks than we probably had been in the last six months combined. Whatever it takes, I say.

I'm just fortunate that my home course hasn't been tagged for Pokestops or gyms.

You enjoy being a douche to kids? Kid was excited and instead of trying to make a good impression, you decided to be an @ss.

I thought it was dang funny. I am not sure why kids should be exempt from douchery? Or a lesson delineating fantasy from reality.

Haven't seen anyone trying to drive on my home course, but a bunch of people are walking on it with their faces glued to their iPhones/smartphones. I've often had to say "heads up!" and show them my disc that I'm about to throw.

Tell them to put the app on battery saver mode and tell them to put their phone in their pocket.

It will vibrate when they come across a pokemon.

In addition to making you look less douchey when playing pokemon, it has the added benefit of preventing such things as accidently walking out in front of a car, etc.

I thought it was dang funny. I am not sure why kids should be exempt from douchery? Or a lesson delineating fantasy from reality.

Well, let's see. First, there's that whole thing about treating people the way you want to be treated. How'd you like it if someone was a d-bag to your kids? Second, it is not his job to teach the difference between fantasy and reality to someone else's kid.

Well, let's see. First, there's that whole thing about treating people the way you want to be treated. How'd you like it if someone was a d-bag to your kids? Second, it is not his job to teach the difference between fantasy and reality to someone else's kid.

Lighten up. Didn't sound like he was harassing the kid, just poking some fun at him for playing a stupid game.

I see we are going to disagree, bound by the constrictions of the premises of the bullying argument. I would hope all people of this planet only encountered kind, generous, and loving people, but that is not reality either. I would not be happy anytime my child would encounter anyone mean, disenchanted, disrespectful.....but I see my job to use such inevitable encounters as learning opportunities, not the chance to protect them from life. For the record, I would likely make fun of an adult I encountered playing this game as well.

Once you bring your child around me, it does become my job to teach it, protect it, warn it, nurture it....that is called, society, community...

Maybe it would be best if you kept your children away from me? :rolleyes:

I had a mom and little boy (maybe 5) walking down a path that passes right next to the tee box at Jones Park in Holly Springs a couple of weeks ago. The little boy was very excited to be out looking for these things and came up to ask my buddies and me if we played the game. I made him repeat the name a couple of times and then proclaimed "I have never heard of that. Did you just make that word up?" I thought the kids head would explode. Then his mom chimes in with "there is one right here (pointing to the side of the path)". I told the boy "I don't see anything." His mom says "we have to catch it and then it will be real". So the boys gets the phone and "catches it". I look at the still empty ground and tell the kid "There is nothing there. you are just making it up aren't you?". Kid got so animated that the mom just grabbed his hand and led him away.

Kind of a DB move........ but I lol'd a little. :p