• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Ape

Worst disc innova has every made, imo. Not overstable like they say it is.

I love the ape. It's in my top five discs released the last few years. Like a Xcaliber on steroids! There are some that will go straight before hyzering and there's some that are just meat hooks (hyzer right away). I use both. Nothing feels better than a disc you can trust 100%, especially into the wind.

**One note though. These discs do require a good amount of power. If under thrown they will hyzer straight into to the ground with no glide at all.

Disc On!!!

Worst disc innova has every made, imo. Not overstable like they say it is.

I agree with this. It is an overstable disc, but no where near Nuke OS or Stiletto territory.

Decent disc, definitely not what the numbers imply though.

Given the state of responses perhaps this jerk response won't be so bad

Try the search function

Lots of threads on the Ape
You'll probably find the info you are looking for

i love going in the local shop and hearing the noobs discussing the ape while looking at a flight chart

"it goes straight for 400' before it fades! that's perfect"

i imagine they think they got a bad one when they hit the course and throw it about 125' before meathook city takes over

I use a Flick, and its a rare disc, but its amazing on those shots that you need crazy hooks. I forehanded my FLick on an anny it went then flipped hard and went right, only way to get to this hole. I dueced it. then i went home and dueced again

The handful of times I have thrown it overhand it works well. As far as diggin in old threads, if I wanted to I would. If people don't want to comment on a disc they dislike then they can choose to ignore the thread.

I've got the CPD2 in my bag and that's what I would recommend for this slot. A good amount of the in the bag vids from Innova Pros I've seen they have the PD2 in their bag as well.

I like the Giant from Westside too because it has a ton of glide for a disc that overstable so you can get a ton of D on a big flex shot but I don't like it as much for big hyzers and big fade shots because it's harder to range for me.

I've got the CPD2 in my bag and that's what I would recommend for this slot. A good amount of the in the bag vids from Innova Pros I've seen they have the PD2 in their bag as well.

I like the Giant from Westside too because it has a ton of glide for a disc that overstable so you can get a ton of D on a big flex shot but I don't like it as much for big hyzers and big fade shots because it's harder to range for me.

Comforting to hear you say that. I use the Giant for shots between 405-435ish (FH) and sometimes it goes 30-50' farther than I want it to.

I second both of these recommendations as alternatives for the Ape.

And if you want something a little less overstable, the Legacy Rampage has great reviews as well.

So you might as well go and start a new thread on the rampage now Stevie

This is worse than Johnny Depth. Less content and NO domination threads.

I never thought I'd say this, but I miss JD. :gross:

All I know is that every ape I have ever thrown has turned and burned into a headwind. There is a reason not many people carry the ape, and why they never made it in different plastics.

So you might as well go and start a new thread on the rampage now Stevie

So sorry to take time out of your day to comment on something you have no interest in. I understand if you are cranky, being a United fan and all.

I was under the assumption these threads were made for questions and feedback.

So sorry to take time out of your day to comment on something you have no interest in. I understand if you are cranky, being a United fan and all.

You didn't even pose a question about the disc...

I'm happy you found a disc.

What other thoughts do you want?

I think he more means that there is already a thread dedicated to the ape somewhere, so a new one isn't entirely necessary.

A lot of times new people come to these forums and start a dozen new threads on topics that already have a thread with hundreds of replies. Usually the answer to the question the new person asks is answered in there.

These threads are made for questions and feedback! But we don't really need

blizzard ape

blizard ape

ape!

ape?

ape vs notape!

new ape!

sparkle ape!

recursive ape!

this many threads.

People get frustrating of seeing threads get created when they don't need to be.

Latest posts