• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Apps for disc golf

I would definitely say go with Easy Scorecard Pro on Android. It's not very expensive, and it is a great app that can calculate a round rating for you based on an SSE. You can also have it search for local courses that are on its database then download the course par/distance info straight to your phone. There is also a GPS feature that you can use if you wanted to get exact distances on alternate pin positions (I have yet to learn that feature :/ )

Notes function in apps

I'm thinking of getting an app, and will probably be getting an iphone soon. I'd like to know if there is an app that also allows you to write notes on each hole. Currently I jot down if there was a particular highlight or lowlight of a hole and occasionally the disc I used in my own shorthand, e.g. Comet TD (comet drive into tree) or LP low putt, or OT overthrown putt or D+ good drive. Would this kind of notation be available per throw or per hole on any of the apps being used? Please share about android apps too if you know of one that includes this.

Disc Golf Caddy for the iPhone.

Tracks stats by round totals, course hole averages, overall stats over all recorded rounds, and more. The interface is simple and fast - just push the number of strokes (1-9) you took, no pushing one button three times to record a 3. For the hardcore, you can even store your inventory of discs and then tell the app which disc you used and at what angle of release on which shot and rate what the outcome was to give you a sense of what types of shots may and may not work.

I recommend DiscGolf ScoreCard for the iPhone, it's really simple to use and there has been a lot of nice enhancements lately. It doesn't have a feature to search for courses but you can create the courses you play often using the built in templates.

I use EasyScoreCard Pro and I love it. Easy to use. The only problem is that the app uses its own user-generated database of courses if you want to download one or sync one you entered on your phone. One, it's just reinventing the wheel, and two, I find that other people in the world aren't as anal or OCD about getting course info correct when doing something like this. If he could sync up to DGCR, it would make life pretty swell.

I'm using Disc Duke. It's free and it's on my Windows phone. It finds courses based on your location, and allows you to keep score for up to six people. It also syncs to website and keeps track of all of your rounds.

Disc Golf Caddy for the iPhone.

Tracks stats by round totals, course hole averages, overall stats over all recorded rounds, and more. The interface is simple and fast - just push the number of strokes (1-9) you took, no pushing one button three times to record a 3. For the hardcore, you can even store your inventory of discs and then tell the app which disc you used and at what angle of release on which shot and rate what the outcome was to give you a sense of what types of shots may and may not work.

THis is the one I have been using for over a year now and it is easy and just what I need .

Hey guys! I love to see that you've found Disc Caddy 2 and it seems some of you like it :) I say this because I am the developer of the app. I would like to hear if there is some things that you would like to see in the app.
Happy disc golfing!

compatibility for iPhone!

Does anyone know of a video app for Droid that will take your videos and allow you to play them back in slow motion? I tried one (just called slow motion or something) and it was garbage. It just made the footage extremely choppy. My buddy has an Iphone and has a video app that will slow everything down very smoothly. He can record your throw and when you see it in slow motion you can see what your doing right or wrong. Its a very helpful training tool. I tried about 5 or 6 different video apps and came up with nothing. :(

Android user here, Easy Scorecard for me! So much ability to customize the app, enter new courses, multiple tees, distances, locations, link to TeleNav for GPS directions, etc... Also love that it tracks all my stats at each course, each hole, showing me which ones I own and which ones own me. Been using the free version for a couple of years, now seeing other replies I might be guilted into spending $3.00 to go Pro.

I was asking about the video app that cooter was talking about but discasaurus does look good:thmbup:

I was asking about the video app that cooter was talking about but discasaurus does look good:thmbup:

Next time I see him at scrambles I'll find out and let you know. He told me but I tend to forget things while golfing for some reason..................:D

Are there any iPhone apps that allow you to differentiate between multiple basket locations on a hole?