• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

April Fools: Disc Golf Edition!

Now that I think of it...had a time,when I stuck behind two trees, about 5'. I lined up for a forehand, and my buddy was behind me a couple feet, off to the left. I proceed to let it fly, it hits tree A, bounces straight left, hits tree B, bounces directly backwards, right into my buddy's johnson. He is staggered, and stumbles back, and falls over a rock. Of course, I can't stop laughing.

To this day, we exclaim "watch your ding" when we're throwing out of the woods.

Best post of the day.
Everybody loves a crotch shot.

The most foolish thing I've done is throw two drives down very steep grass hills on two separate occasions and bit the dirt both times. One time I rolled like a cheese wheel down cooper's hill.

I had probably been playing for about a year or so and was with a group of buddies playing a best-shot doubles round. At one point, on a very precarious, uphill, wooded approach, my team's lie happened to be maybe 3-5 feet behind a tree.

Due to throw first, I asked my partner how confident he was with the shot. I believe I phrased it, "Should I play it safe, or go for the glory?!"

A resounding chorus of "Go for the glory!!!" from my friends was all I needed. So, instead of throwing a relatively safe BH putter layup I decided to FH flick a mid and go for the chains.

I aimed very carefully, took a deep breath, yelled "For the GLORY!!!!!!!" and proceeded to nail the tree directly in front of me as hard as I could. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't even remember where the disc ended up because we all immediately fell down laughing our asses off collectively.

Still trying to live that one down. :p

I had probably been playing for about a year or so and was with a group of buddies playing a best-shot doubles round. At one point, on a very precarious, uphill, wooded approach, my team's lie happened to be maybe 3-5 feet behind a tree.

Due to throw first, I asked my partner how confident he was with the shot. I believe I phrased it, "Should I play it safe, or go for the glory?!"

A resounding chorus of "Go for the glory!!!" from my friends was all I needed. So, instead of throwing a relatively safe BH putter layup I decided to FH flick a mid and go for the chains.

I aimed very carefully, took a deep breath, yelled "For the GLORY!!!!!!!" and proceeded to nail the tree directly in front of me as hard as I could. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't even remember where the disc ended up because we all immediately fell down laughing our asses off collectively.

Still trying to live that one down. :p

That's great. Moments like that is what makes disc golf special

I once brought my dog with while I played a round....at the time I didn't know she loved to chase discs...one tooth embossed star boss later...

I once threw the completely wrong direction during a tournament. It was the hardest hole on that course, a very long par 5 uphill the whole way. I was playing the course blind. My cardmates told me the fairway was up the hill. I crushed one up the wrong hill, about 350 feet and 180 degrees from the real fairway. I think I took an 9 or 10. That round is still (and hopefully will remain) my lowest rated round ever.

In a tournament last month made the double mando to the basket at the top of the cliff with the water beneath. Not wanted to go for a 30' death putt I try and lay up, only to skid off the woodchips by the poll and roll down the cliff into the water for a 5.

Found out the next day our division wasn't even supposed to play the mando...

Hey guys! In honor of April Fools Day, what is the most FOOLISH thing you have ever done on a disc golf course. It could be a foolish shot, a bad disc purchase, or anything else related to disc golf. Personally, mine would be buying a Cheetah driver ;)

I just realized I put this is the wrong forum *Facepalm*

What's wrong with Cheetahs?!? KC Pros are $$$

Sometimes it is wiser to keep a cool head, especially with law enforcement.

There have been two times that I started to argue with an officer, and I realized quickly in both cases that I needed to stop before it got out of hand.

The dumbest thing I ever did at a course, involved playing a hole backwards. It had us throwing over a parking lot. I'm sure you can see where this is going.

Well, I was meeting some friends on the course and I got there late due to work.. I decided to warm up and play the first couple holes on my way down to hole 11. So I make my way through the first three holes and cut over to meet them on the tee box of 11. We all get there and it's my turn to throw. I step up and grab my trusty 8x Roc as that gets me right into the ditch for an easy birdie. I then proceed to grip lock the hell out of into the first tree off the tee and it falls straight down. We all get a good chuckle and we make our way to our discs. I'm first to throw. I put my marker down and grab my disc and then notice that I just split the rim on my 8x Roc. I just stood there in disbelief and felt my heart break just a bit.

Threw my well seasoned buzz into the pond instead of using a putter for an upshot

Threw my first ace disc, a well seasoned mako on wooded hole near water instead of a putter.

I loved that disc.

First year playing. Had a Champion Sidewinder as my primary driver. Just bought a red Champion Wraith. Somehow put the Wraith in my bag and left the Sidewinder in the car.

I didn't understand why every drive was turning hard left (RHBH). I didn't even notice that I was throwing the wrong disc until I saw the Sidewinder in my car after 27 holes. :doh:

Last edited:
About 2 months ago I was in a putting slump so I went to look at new putters. I got super excited after feeling an mvp disc that I ended up buying 3 and one axiom disc. I tested them out and thought they were the greatest putters ever. I proceeded to sell all my destroyers, xcals, rocs, teebirds, and Eagles for an all mvp bag. Spent about $200-300 on mvp plastic and ended up immediately regretting the decision because IMO their drivers are the worst discs and only their putters are good. Then I had to try and sell all my mvp and buy a whole bunch of the discs I actuall sold back. All in all I probably wasted/lost $200 in that whole ordeal