• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are grip eq's really worth it?

Im on my fourth grip bag now and wouldnt think of any other bag to get. All 4 of mine have never had anything wrong with them.

I had the second generation Grip right when they came out and my buddy has it now so its been used and abused for maybe 5 years now and it still has nothing wrond with it.

Then I got the OG McBeth bag. Used that for a few years until I retired it this year. Nothing with with that thing at all.

I got a C14 for the winter which I still use and I love the thing. Feels great on the back. Holds the perfect ammount for winter and is really light.

My main bag is the McBeth AX15 and its perfect. Tons of room and for the few months I have been using it I have loved it. I can hold 5 more discs in it than the current B series but it still feels the same on the back.

Grip = Lifetime Warranty

:thmbup:

And it actually works. My buddy had a strap starting to fray at the seams... two weeks later he was using a new Grip on the course.

I will be using my C14 forever. I sometimes wish I played more DG just I could actually get a little bit of wear out of that thing...

Do it you will not be sorry
I have a big bag for tourney rounds, and a little bag for casual rounds.
I love them both, and would not hesitate to buy another one.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20140901_094636-1.jpg
    20140901_094636-1.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 299
Yes, the B15 is very similar to the A14. AX15 is a larger bag.

Fade is coming out with a backpack later this year. I've had a grip bag before but I love my fade bags and I think they'll make a really kickass pack. They have great prices too.

Grip = Lifetime Warranty

This was my main reasoning as to why I chose Grip. They also feel really comfortable, and the main weight of the bag comes from the large amount of water I carry onto the course; the bag and discs are really light by themselves. But a lot of backpacks will do that, so the thing that really made me choose Grip was their quality, lifetime warranty, and the stories I've heard of their great customer service. I'm slightly concerned about the change of materials on some of the new 2015 bags, but I'm pretty confident that they will still be built very well. However, I haven't actually seen any of the new ones yet, so do take that statement with a grain of salt. Anyways, a Grip bag is definitely a good investment :thmbup:

However, I do find that my A14 feels a bit large for casual rounds sometimes; it's still comfortable, but I do find that I don't need all the discs and storage in the bag for casual rounds. The C series might not feel as large though, but I haven't used one for a round, so you'll probably want to keep that in mind when choosing your Grip.

Last edited:
I have a C15 as well as two A-Series and an A14. The C15 is just as sturdily built as the previous runs.

Worry not

Ok so I ultimately ended up going with a Grip EQ B15 and it's even better than I imagined :D

This is how I hope to feel about my C15. I ordered it on Thursday and it won't be here till Tuesday. This has been the longest few days of my life!

Other than the guy trying to sell a flak (no offense, I would talk it up too), can anyone compare the flak quality to the grips? Obviously they are similar in design, the flakx seems to be closer to the grip where as the flak4 closer to the lat64 bag. Also, both offer great warranties on paper, but how do these compare and/or how is customer service? I am leaning toward the flakx b/c it is 1/4 the cost of the ax15, but would I really be losing out and paying for a lower quality bag?

Other than the guy trying to sell a flak (no offense, I would talk it up too), can anyone compare the flak quality to the grips? Obviously they are similar in design, the flakx seems to be closer to the grip where as the flak4 closer to the lat64 bag. Also, both offer great warranties on paper, but how do these compare and/or how is customer service? I am leaning toward the flakx b/c it is 1/4 the cost of the ax15, but would I really be losing out and paying for a lower quality bag?[/QUOTE]

YES. The quality of materials and construction between the flak and grip isn't even fair. Its like the difference between a Ford Fusion and a Mercedes. This is coming from someone that owns both (flak and grip that is). I wish I wouldn't have cheaped out on my big rig and just ponied up for another grip to go with my c14.

Yes, they are worth it!

Attachments

• 0804151308.jpg
    0804151308.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 85
Meh, Kind of. I really like my mini c series.

There are so many bag company's now to be honest, I'll definitely consider others next time around.

Yes, they are worth it!

Sweet, how's it working out? I'm taking the plunge on the C15 too, just hanging on for the split toned ones next month. I had the opportunity to try one on recently and was impressed how sturdy, comfy and light it felt. Perfect doubles/league/casual round bag it seemed, where you don't need to carry the kitchen sink.

FWIW, I'm on the waiting list for the Simian for tourneys and all afternoon golf sessions. I have an Ergo 2 now but it seems to fall in between both of these - a little much for tag night, a little low on storage for a tourney, IMHO.

Sweet, how's it working out? I'm taking the plunge on the C15 too, just hanging on for the split toned ones next month. I had the opportunity to try one on recently and was impressed how sturdy, comfy and light it felt. Perfect doubles/league/casual round bag it seemed, where you don't need to carry the kitchen sink.

FWIW, I'm on the waiting list for the Simian for tourneys and all afternoon golf sessions. I have an Ergo 2 now but it seems to fall in between both of these - a little much for tag night, a little low on storage for a tourney, IMHO.

Coming from the Magellan, I love my C15. Almost makes my feel like I'm not wearing a backpack. I downsized my disc selection slightly but that wasn't too hard on me. The only thing I can say is I wish there was a secondary storage pocket just a bit bigger than the tight pockets on the sides. But I really couldn't be happier with it.

Yeah I'm loving my B15. It really is the perfect compromise between the C and A series. Holds roughly 20-21 drivers (18-20 with mids included) and comfortably fits 3 putters in the designated pocket. Having a 32oz bottle holder on both sides is wonderful and really should be standard on every backpack made. I am really glad about how much storage space there is. I can still fit a sweatshirt and pair of socks in one of the side pockets and easily zip it shut. Plus I have the other side for whatever else. But the best thing about the back pack (which what I can tell goes for all grips) is the comfort. I can carry a whole lot more in it than I ever did my over the shoulder bag and it feels like nothing. It definitely makes multiple rounds a breeze and I'm hooked for life. Thanks for all the feedback I'm glad I could join the grip club ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439307527.665624.jpg

Latest posts