• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Are you a color snob?

How picky are you about disc color? Why?

• Only bag one (maybe two) color(s) exclusively

Votes: 16 6.8%
  • Only a select few (more than two) colors make the bag

Votes: 78 33.3%
  • I don't care much, but don't bag some colors ever

Votes: 106 45.3%
  • If the disc flies, its color means nothing to me

Votes: 34 14.5%

• Total voters
I've been toying with the idea of having colors assigned to disc type (although I'd have to invest $ to do this...). Something like:

Pink Putters
Purple Mids
Orange main FW/DD throwers (cuz I have a bunch of orange Undertaker and Trespass')
Blue FW/DD utilities

Probably won't happen. I do enjoy the appearance of color organized bags, like the monochromatics or organized as I said above, though. Looks sharp.

Pink CG is the most visible disc color in pretty much all conditions: fall/summer/spring/winter, and even at night!
After that, just normal opaque bubble gum pink is the next choice.

If I can't fill a slot with those priorities met, it gets a little more situational.

Spring: Orange gets thrown, green & yellow will hide.
Fall: Total opposite of the comments above for Spring.

Opaque white is fine in most conditions unless there's snow on the ground. Plain white-ish glow will even get some nighttime use if snow cover isn't too bad.

My pickiness for disc color is also proportionate to the distance I intend to throw the disc. A putting putter can be clearish-brown as long as it finds a way into the basket. Conversely, a flippy bomber better be eye-poundingly bright.

Last edited:
Of the people that refer to color affecting mold, do you feel that this is consistent from mold to mold and company to company? Where do you think light blue falls in the stability spectrum, particularly Discraft?

If I went monochrome, it would probably be orange. For one: favorite color. Two: I have a lot of orange discs...

That is kind of how it started, all of a sudden I had a lot of orange plastic in the bins. Early on when I was spraying them in the woods they were super easy to see and I hate losing discs so anytime I bought something new I just snagged orange. The Grip made the C14 in orange and the rest is history. :hfive:

Downside is I play with 2-3 guys who are color blind and cant see orange. :doh::D

If I could, I'd have only pink and white discs. It doesn't work out that way for me due to lack of selection. I tolerate orange/blue/and some greens because of this.

I'm not too picky, but I do avoid green/brown/black/gray if I can help it. I don't necessarily seek out any particular color, or really avoid any if they feel good to me.

If I'm ordering online I guess I stray towards red/blue/white/orange. Purple is cool, dayglow is ok if it's really bright.

For a long time I would only throw red discs with rainbow stamps. Then I got over myself. :|

As my sig indicates, my discs are all sorts of colors. Dark green, black, brown, and dyed discs I stay away from, but I can usually find purple or dark blue discs, unless it is close to dusk, then it gets harder. Pink, light blue, orange, dayglow and yellow are easiest for me to see, but I'm more partial to feel, especially with my mids and putters, so color doesn't matter as much.

If I like how a disc flies, I can tolerate any color. If I can pick my color I'll usually go for blue, orange, or yellow, but something else could easily catch my eye. My bag currently has discs in blue, orange, yellow, white, red, and neon green.

Personally, if the mold, weight, and plh are right, the color doesn't matter. However, I have been gravitating towards the pink. Way easier to find and see while in the air.

My buddy will only get orange discs with blue stamp. If it's the perfect disc, but not orange w/ blue stamp, he'll pass. We always know which disc is his.

It's funny, because I am sometimes envious of other people's bags when I see well thought out uni-color or multi-color set ups.

For instance, there is a guy that I see on the course every now and again that always has baby blue mids, white fairways, and yellow distance drivers. His bag just looks nice, and I always know when he is discing up or down.

But then I walk into a store or shop online and see a color that I just HAVE to have, regardless of whether or not it fits with any sort of "scheme" I may have going.

At this point in time I am almost exclusively white, blue, yellow, red. But it's spread throughout my molds, no color blocks. I also have plenty of other colors in my stash waiting to be put in the bag at any given time.