• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

So far I have not noticed any difference between Electron vs all other plastics in the Anode, Ion, Spin, Vector, or Volt. Just the Atom.

Haven't had the change to try an Electron Vector, but I agree on the other molds: there's no perceivable difference between baseline and premium. But on the other hand, these are all 'old' molds while the Atom is newer generation -> could it be possible that Atoms are made with the same mold regardless of plastic, while the older ones needed new molds for baseline (this then allowed the baseline disc to be identical to premium after cooling).

Yeah, P Atom felt a bit different to baseline but I thought it was just the grip/stiffness.

This is definitely not a phenomenon unique to MVP/Axiom. I've noticed in lots of other brands that baseline plastic versions of the same mold end up being more compact. I think it's due to the fact that baseline plastic shrinks more during cooling than premium plastic. You can see it pretty clearly when you put, say, an XT Colt next to a Star Colt or a Pro Pig next to a Blizzard Pig. The premium versions are slightly deeper and larger overall.

MVP isnt innova. Thats why it took forever to get premium molds in baseline. They actually made new molds so electron molded up legit. Pretty well known if you have follwed MVP at all. They are not pumping out lame ass baseline versions of their molds due to crap injection molding processes. Now electron plastic in general is a whole different topic...

Last edited:
MVP isnt innova. Thats why it took forever to get premium molds in baseline. They actually made new molds so electron molded up legit. Pretty well known if you have followed MVP at all. They are not pumping out lame ass baseline versions of their molds due to crap injection molding processes. Now electron plastic in general is a whole different topic...

Yes I am aware of that fact. Asc said earlier he didn't notice a difference between Electron and premium versions of the older molds where we know they had to make new molds (Ion, Vector, etc.) which makes sense if they were accounting for the shrinkage when making the new baseline molds. The question is whether they made a separate premium plastic mold for the Atom after the initial baseline mold. Maybe they did, and the size differences are all in peoples' heads. Or possibly they just have 1 Atom mold which works for both plastic types, and the premium version of the disc comes out slightly larger.

I know my proton Atom feels a bit larger than my electron Atom. I stopped by Dynamic Discs this morning and pulled one of each off the racks. Stood them up on a boxtop and the proton disc appeared to be a smidge larger in diameter--perhaps a millimeter, That could be just the boxtop not being even. They appeared to be the same depth. Just like mine at home, though, the proton feels a bit larger than the electron.

so I'm voting for it just being a difference in how the plastics feel.

Having a hard time loving the feel of my P-Atom. It's still pretty new but I'm wondering if the proton will eventually beat into a better grip.

Love how my N-Envy has beat in. Did someone mention the need for a N-Atom? I concur.

Having a hard time loving the feel of my P-Atom. It's still pretty new but I'm wondering if the proton will eventually beat into a better grip.

Love how my N-Envy has beat in. Did someone mention the need for a N-Atom? I concur.

I dont know about yours but my proton atoms are superb. Grip is nice, flat, etc. They fly stable even after a year (or whenever they came out) of use. Its straight as can be still. It can get a little slick in the cold/snow but not more than any neutrons that I have. I DID dye mine so not sure if that has anything to do with it. Either way I really would like to see NEUTRON ATOMS :) Atoms just rule. end/

How much better do you want? It has way too much grip already. I can't throw soft Proton, too sticky

Sorry, I want it moar better....

It's pretty slick for me, kinda like Innova Jolly Launcher. I prefer pearly Champion type plastic. Neutron starts pretty slick but wears in fairly quick. I'll keep working with it and see how it goes.

So I'm sure some of you mvp dealers and testers must have got your hands on some Neutron Atoms... what is the word out there on em?

I also want to know this. I have a couple protons and honestly they'll probably last forever so I really don't need more - but I dig the atom and have a small stack of electrons (wont last forever) it would be cool to throw a neutron in the mix. Hope they come out flat and straight.

So today is THE day. 4/20, Super Troopers 2, its Friday , its ACTUALLY spring, and the NEUTRON ATOM is out!! I was lucky to find 2 Black w/ gold stamp 174g online right at midnight ;) ;)

Hoping to hear how these fly/feel - Curious to compare to the Electron Medium, Electron Firm, and Proton Atoms. I have all of the above and all are 172-175g

From what I gather they are pretty Stable-slightly OS but I'd like some REAL confirmation on that. I won't get out to test until next weekend. I'll report back though as soon as I know. PEACE

Damn you got black eh... I think I have a pearly white and red one coming. I liked your results in the other thread... I was really hoping it would be just a little more stable than the Proxy as a second maybe third putter, thanks for the good news. Besides with that stamp I want an Atom in the bag but those Proxy are tunnel shot machines.

Got some good work in with the Atoms this past weekend. I still feel Neutron is not as OS as a proton of same weight and condition. I'll say as FRESH goes - Electron, Neutron, Proton - the biggest gap is between a beat Electron then Neutron....between Neutron and Proton the gap isn't that big, but the Neutron definitely zips on a straight line like a champ. Not as headwind fighting as the Proton. All-in-all I really like the neutron atom. It was a go-to this weekend and led me to have a pretty boring round as all my upshots were within 5-15 ft I didn't really putt that much. Good news I guess.

Latest posts