• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Attn Lat 64 lovers (opinion thread)

The Trident for me was too overstable. I didn't really like it too much...but that was just me.

what disc could you compare it too, like a slow predator? a whippet? a drone? give me a generalization here, also what kind of distance could you get with it compared to say a firebird or predator

i have a few latitudes and i love them all!
opto RIOT is my main driver
Opto core my go to mid range, love how it flies.
2 grip line Spikes for putting
2 gold striker pole dancers as flick drivers

Maybe a slower predator or faster torque?

It is really hard to classify...slow fairway, fast mid?

I have a Opto Vision, but rarely use it. It's too understable to even use as a roller. The only way to get distance with it is to throw a 120' high hyzer spike and it will still turn over, but it's so high that it has time to eventually fade back. It gets pretty good distance, but the only time I can use it is when I'm on an open hole, which is pretty rare these days.

Are any of the Latitude putters good for driving, and have a small lip? I'd like to power grip my putters while driving, but the lips are usually too big. I like my Core so I'd be up for adding a Spike or Sinus or whatever if anybody can talk me into it. It's been weeks since my last disc purchase. I'm due.

The spike has a shallow grip and works great for driving, sinus has a significantly deeper lip but is more stable.

Sinus is uncomfortable for me backhand but it is absolutely fandamntastic forehand.

Spike is good backhand.

I just tried mine some today and was curious enough to leave it in the bag for now.

Trident is a slower, slightly more overstable Max (in my opinion). Flight between Banshee & Max.

If you get in trouble and had no out except to punch through some small limbs this thing will do it. It has a seriously thick/blunt nose and is probably the disc(of many) I'd least like to get hit by.

Cool thanks. I like my putters and approach discs stable so maybe I should start with a Sinus.

I was told by a friend that the Striker would really work well for, I never had a good shot from. I can throw Bosses straight but I could not get that Striker to do anything for me. I have not given up hope though. I still use the core, I really like that disc because it doesn't turn over too much for being a mid range. And I have blitz on its way. Also, really looking forward to hearing more about the Halo!!!

Are any of the Latitude putters good for driving, and have a small lip? I'd like to power grip my putters while driving, but the lips are usually too big. I like my Core so I'd be up for adding a Spike or Sinus or whatever if anybody can talk me into it. It's been weeks since my last disc purchase. I'm due.

Don't listen to Bill, the Sinus is an excellent backhand driver. I don't know exactly what you mean by "small lip," but I power grip my sinus all the time. The lip is deep, but it's pretty thin. I can get it out almost as far as my buzzz and as it keeps beating in it keeps inching out farther. Very controllable and predictable as well.

^It is all preference, I find it a bit too deep. The funny thing is, I didn't like putting with it but a couple weeks ago every time I missed with my spike I would throw the Sinus and it would go right in...probably that new putter luck that everyone gets though.

Would a core overlap anything in my bag?(check sig for a quick link to my bag) I've been tempted to try one, but should really lay off buying plastic :\

^It is all preference, I find it a bit too deep. The funny thing is, I didn't like putting with it but a couple weeks ago every time I missed with my spike I would throw the Sinus and it would go right in...probably that new putter luck that everyone gets though.

the second one always goes in :D

Latest posts