• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Attn Lat 64 lovers (opinion thread)

Ah schlitz, I can't decide what color Pain to get, magenta or florescent yellow.

I started with an Optoline Stryker, and yeah its durable and flys great. Then I got a Goldline River, and its the best disc I've ever thrown(also very durable). I now have an Optoline Halo, and its is basically a blend of Stryker and River. I love it, and Lattitude 64 in general. I don't think I would be disappointed with any disc in their lineup.

I have had a gold line river for the last few months, and I have a love hate relationship with it. I hate the grip, and I hate the way the lip feels in my hand. That being said I love the flight and the distance of it. I go back to it shot after shot, and every time I grip it I hate it, but every time I release it I love it. Maybe me and my river need to go to counseling to fix this love hate relationship. LOL

My Bag:

Drivers:
175 Champ Boss
172 Opto XXX
170 Opto River
170 GL Vision

Mid:
170 GL Core

Putt:
172 Grip Spike (primary)
166 Aviar

I'm still new.. I started off with a Beast, Destroyer and Aviar. I lost the drivers and a friend recommended Lat 64 discs.. I love the grip and flight of them. I had a 173 GL Striker which was my fave and primary driver until I recently lost it. The River is amazing, bought it after the striker went missing. The Core holds the straightest line i've ever seen when thrown with a little hyzer and a lot of snap, works great for narrow drives around 250-280'. The river is great for getting that anhyzer curve around obstacles, or if you throw it really hard and really hyzer it levels out into some amazing range. Next I plan on getting the new 175 Opto Havoc or Halo..

I'd like to try an all Lat bag but I think they're missing some Innova equivalents I need. Namely Rhynos, Firebirds, and X Cals.

I love Firebirds - can the XXX still get some distance or is it complete meathook?

X Cals are my distance FH disc - 400+ and it can take a ton of snap and will seldom turn and burn into the ground if I try to throw it too hard. I tried the Halo but it flips too easy for that shot.

Rhynos - I don't think anyone makes something like a pro rhyno. Chuck Norris would throw a rhyno.

I'd like to try an all Lat bag but I think they're missing some Innova equivalents I need. Namely Rhynos, Firebirds, and X Cals.

I love Firebirds - can the XXX still get some distance or is it complete meathook?

X Cals are my distance FH disc - 400+ and it can take a ton of snap and will seldom turn and burn into the ground if I try to throw it too hard. I tried the Halo but it flips too easy for that shot.

Rhynos - I don't think anyone makes something like a pro rhyno. Chuck Norris would throw a rhyno.

For me atleast, the xxx acts like a Firebird. You can get some good distance out of them before they start to fade

The Sinus is pretty close to a rhyno/pig. Very OS for a putter

As for the Xcal. Maybe a Blitz?

I just threw a Goldline River for the first time and must say I'm impressed. My physical conditioning is pretty low right noew so I didn't really get it up to speed but stil got a few decent glides out of it. This is my second Lat 64 disc, first was a Vision, I think I'm really going to like this one.

I can't get away from my current discs just yet, but I Fell in LOVE with my opto vision. I've tried a riot the slanted rim sucks. My river got its but kicked by my leopard. Nothing wrong w the river GREAT glide just my noob arm likes the control of the leo better. Haven't tried the Gold line yet. Waiting for a nice lookin blue vision. If anyone has a newish Blue GL vision hit me up

fuse- really understable even at low speeds. great for bending an approach around a seemingly impossible corner.
halo- love crushing this one.
havoc- i love the understable flight that still fades at the end.
striker- i'm with you, really nice fairway driver. replaced my eagle with it.
trident- very overstable, good feel. give this one a shot instead of XXX.
vision- you should try this out. sure, it might overlap your avenger ss, but it's all about finding the best disc for the job and i like this one over the avenger ss.
pain- reminds me of a hornet in its feel and flight.

disappointment:
blitz- really unusual grip so it kept slipping out of my hand.
river- maybe it's just the one that i got, but it was too domey for my taste and just didn't feel right.

I can't get away from my current discs just yet, but I Fell in LOVE with my opto vision. I've tried a riot the slanted rim sucks. My river got its but kicked by my leopard. Nothing wrong w the river GREAT glide just my noob arm likes the control of the leo better. Haven't tried the Gold line yet. Waiting for a nice lookin blue vision. If anyone has a newish Blue GL vision hit me up

I've been having an identical experience recently. I've been switching between my River and Leopards in rounds, but I finally took both of them for some intense field practice: my Opto River throws are always decent, but I never get throws that feel great. Leopards are just so controlled, feel great, and its super consistent. Basically same performance, but the mental strain is the frustration of never getting a great throw off the River - I'm a keep working on it, but I need to get another GL; I traded off my last one before I ever threw it :p

I have a beautiful teal Vision with swirly ripples all the way through it - but it is one of my favorites as well :D

I've found my GL river to be extremley slick and almost unthrowable when wet, but has fine grip and great flight when dry. Is opto also very slick when wet? can anbody compare the general grip to GL/champion/Z?

Latest posts