• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Attn Lat 64 lovers (opinion thread)

I wish they would show the turn, fade, speed, and glide of older discs that they started producing before they came up with a system like innova's.

Bought the Opto Flow at a tourney at my local dgc last weekend. I like it a lot, great grip and it's got a nice groove on the top of the rim that is great for gripping my thumb for sidearm throws. I can get it farther than my Destroyers and straighter than them, too. I use it on the open holes because it's so beautiful, don't want to wreck it! Got a River in the mail also, can't wait to try it out, and other Lat64 discs. Great brand.

I been throwing the Core for a few years now. Best midrange on the market to me.

I tried a Vision but everytime I threw it flat it turned into a roller. Way too flippy.

Just bought a Goldline Flow a few weeks ago and this thing bombs. Nice and stable with a ton of glide.

I have been throwing a 173 Opto River for about 7 months now, and that thing is just money! Ever since, I have been sucked into Latitude 64. Here are my experiences with this brand:

GL Fuse - Love it, very straight flying that glides for DDDAAAYYSSS...sometimes, too much glide.
Opto River - My go to driver, I just feel like I have more control with this disc than any I have thrown.
GL Flow- Great disc that flies a lot like a well seasoned Wraith to me. Great glide and predictability.
Opto Pain - Not a fan of this one, but I havn't spent much time with it yet. Maybe too overstable, I just don't see myself picking this over a Roc when I look in my bag.
GL Vision - Decent disc, wasn't as flippy as I though it would be, hoped it would replace my roadrunner I lost, flies more like a Valk to me.
GL Havoc - This thing bombs, you just have to have some room to work with. Release with a slight anhyzer and watch it fly.

I have a 175 Opto River that I really like. Love the plastic and definitely will be trying more lat 64 discs in the future.

So I stopped by discnation today and picked up a trident ... I really have no idea what this disc is supposed to do and it was pouring rain so I didnt even get to throw it. I bought it simply because the plastic was so damn sexy I was sure I could find a use for it next to my river and flow.

So is this trident going to take the place of my champ firebird or is it not quite that stable?

I throw three halos of various weights just because I love the halo so much. The angle of the grip makes it leave your hand so smoothly. I have a havoc, but its from the skulboy collection and it's a pearl white so I don't throw it. I want a river.

opposite. that disc is a meathook. I've been working in my gold line awhile now and have seen no change in its flight since its first throw.

What do you mean opposite? A firebird is pretty much a meat hook so this sounds like it will replace my firebird.

The Trident is like a glorified midrange (ala Drone) while the Firebird is still a true driver. If you use the Trident in this extended midrange role, you will find it to be an awesome disc. I use it mainly for thumbers but I can trust to get it out further than my mids when I need a precise hard fade.

If you use the Trident like how you would a Firebird, I think you are going to be disappointed. I do not think even the XXX would be a good Firebird replacement, but I believe the XXX can get a little more forward distance than the Trident.

I love lat discs,,almost my whole bag is lat now except for 2 westside discs i recently bought.

If your putter is a zero line spike, you gotta grab the swan that just came out from westside. The swan is sorta like a magic but with the zero line plastic. could be the perfect compliment to the spike.

Here are my thoughts on a couple other discs i use alot.

Core- Fast and predictable midrange. What ive learned about the core is weight changes this disc drastically. Currently i keep 3 in my bag, 175, 170, 165. All fly so different for me and each i throw at different distances.

Pain-amazing overstable, slow midrange. Very overstable and predictable. Its slow so great if you want to disc to drop off.

Fuse-super understable midrange. Tons of glid. Stability wise its exact opposite of the Pain but great to have both in bag.

Vision-super understable driver. This disc also varies alot with weight. i carry a 174 and 167. The 167 i have to release at an extreme hyzer or its turning over fast and right away. Great hyzer flip disc.

Flow-best disc ever. So much glide, so predictable. Great distance with less effort. I would also suggest people try different weights. I carry 4 in my bag. One gold line and the rest opto at different weights. The difference between the flight of a 175 and 166 is pretty crazy. Ohh horrible in the wind,,i should mention that. If wind catches this disc it can take it to china, especially with the glide it has.

spike putter- Go zero line. The grip line sux. You will sink more long putts if you get used to this putter. Its faster and you will putt 35ft with less effort than with a wizard or aviar. Trick with this putter is being consistent with the short stuff.

I dislike halo/riot/blitz/trident. I keep a river in my bag but 95% of the time one of my visions is a better disc for the shot im trying to make.

Thats it.

If you wanna add some westside to your bag. Get a westside king and swan.

I doubt anyone here notices but my favorite disc BY FAR used to be the Archangel until I bought a Lat 64 Vision Opto. On an average round, I would say that I usually throw my AA 75% of my drives. I have played 2 rounds of 18 and prolly not thrown my AA a dozen times combined. I love the look and feel of the Vision. It flies SOOOOO straight and long. I am in love. I am glad I opted for the Opto since I have whacked a few trees with it but you cannot tell.

What (if anything) (in Innova) are the other Lat 64 discs comparable to? I might like to try them out as well if they fly half as well as the Vision.

Try a Pain as a Roc substitute or a Fuse as a real beat up Roc substitute. But Fuse acts more like a Comet. River is a great disc also. It is a super glidey fairway driver. Probably most compared to a Leopard or Teebird depending on what plastics you are talking about. Striker is like a faster Teebird. Nice straight, stable fairway driver. XXX is a great OH disc and compares well to the Firebird.

Basically go buy a Pain, Fuse, River, Striker and XXX. They are all great. I like the Core also, but you may not really need it if you have a Pain and Fuse. You could always try it though.

I got a Pain yesterday. Was kinda hard to tell it's flightlines with the wind we had. But if you're saying 'like a Roc'... I might like this thing. Amirite thinking this fills a slot between Buzzz and Drone?

It should. I am throwing a 166 gummy Opto for most of my shots, and that one is not super stable. So it fits my weak arm well. I haven't had it flip or turn on my at all, but it's not a meathook. Great for wooded flex shots. I carry a 172 GL for headwinds or just to get a little more fade. I have heard from others that the heavier GLs are pretty darn stable. I have a 177, but haven't thrown it yet.

Just bought my first Lat 64, a 176 GL Pain. I've only had a couple chances to throw it, but I love it so far. The first thing I noticed was that I was able to put a lot more into the throw than I could a Roc without it flipping on me. I think I am going to love this thing.

I am still trying to decide on whether or not to get a champ teebird or opto river. Is the river more nose sensative then tb? I threw a tb and opto river once in the same weight, the tb faded left and he river faded right into a tree(LHBH). I also thought of getting an opto striker because it is more stable then gl, but might go with gl instead. Would this be a good idea? Another question arose when i read through the thread about tridents. It seems not many people have a good use for this disc. I Might not get a trident and instead get a 150 class firebird or something for windy days. Lastly about the putters; i throw a pro pig and want to get something similar to its overstableness. The sinus seemed like a good swap but i might not be what im looking for (Never got to fondle one yet)

I think the River is more like a Leopard than a Teebird. I am thinking the Striker is more what you are looking for, but I haven't thrown one personally.

P.S.- LHBH should always fade right... left would be high speed turn, but this doesn't make much sense if the River is meat-hooking for you.

I think the River is more like a Leopard than a Teebird. I am thinking the Striker is more what you are looking for, but I haven't thrown one personally.

P.S.- LHBH should always fade right... left would be high speed turn, but this doesn't make much sense if the River is meat-hooking for you.

I believe i had the case of the OATs on that one. It didnt meat hook, just slowly faded to the right (which is normal) the teebird was the one that annyed left. They both flew straight with fade and i think maybe the striker could cover the job of a river no?

I am still trying to decide on whether or not to get a champ teebird or opto river. Is the river more nose sensative then tb? I threw a tb and opto river once in the same weight, the tb faded left and he river faded right into a tree(LHBH). I also thought of getting an opto striker because it is more stable then gl, but might go with gl instead. Would this be a good idea? Another question arose when i read through the thread about tridents. It seems not many people have a good use for this disc. I Might not get a trident and instead get a 150 class firebird or something for windy days. Lastly about the putters; i throw a pro pig and want to get something similar to its overstableness. The sinus seemed like a good swap but i might not be what im looking for (Never got to fondle one yet)

What exactly are you wanting your discs to do for you? This will better help answer your questions.

As for windy days (depending on how windy you're referring to), blitz, trident, xXx, riot,halo, and sinus are great for it depending on the wind speed, direction, length, and the route you want to take to the basket. I've never thrown the 150 firebird, so I can't comment on it. I use to throw a 169 star firebird...