• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Attn Lat 64 lovers (opinion thread)

I tried to put a roc back in, until I realized it was just dead weight, only threw it a few times and I could have easily used another disc (Pain or Buzzz).. now I have to determine if I keep a few other discs that I have Lat counterparts for..

Yeah, the Pain and Core is all I really need these days... :)

Some Lat 64 stuff just showed up at my local disc shop and I really want to try to some but I'm struggling to find a reason. I know Innova SOOOO well. Discs, the ratings system, weights, plastics, molds, OOP everything and when I look at the best players in the world so many of them are throwing Innova. Not to mention how huge the second hand market is for Innova stuff. What is it that Lat does better than Innova that makes it necessary for me to check them out?

The Fuse and the River have simply sick amounts of glide. And it's pretty effortless. I love Latitude, but I could probably go all Innova and not miss too much. Except for the Fuse and possibly River. Fuse is the only disc I have ever used that just does a few things so much better than anything else I've tried. River is kind of a Leopard/ Teebird tweener. You could probably get by without it, but it is a great fairway driver. I use a Teebird also, and it has no where near the glide of a River. If you have a big arm it probably doesn't matter. If you throw like me, you need a River.

Sunking has a limited number of custom stamped Lat64 discs for just $10 to celebrate their 10th Aniversary! Only one per order though :(

I really like all of the lat64 i have bought. The only lat64 disc i bought and i don't use is my blitz. It was not what i expected and it just doesn't fit into my bag. atm, i throw a vision, river, 177 and 171 flow, xxx, and pain. These 6 discs I wanted to try and I really like them all. They all have a spot in my bag. I would like to try other lat64 out but idk what. I have really tried to figure out what would be next but nothing seems like it would benefit me. And I am extremely happy with my comet and rocs right now so they are not coming out. I also keep a roadrunner and boss in my bag which I don't want out. So I think I am pretty much set for a while.

I really like all of the lat64 i have bought. The only lat64 disc i bought and i don't use is my blitz. It was not what i expected and it just doesn't fit into my bag. atm, i throw a vision, river, 177 and 171 flow, xxx, and pain. These 6 discs I wanted to try and I really like them all. They all have a spot in my bag. I would like to try other lat64 out but idk what. I have really tried to figure out what would be next but nothing seems like it would benefit me. And I am extremely happy with my comet and rocs right now so they are not coming out. I also keep a roadrunner and boss in my bag which I don't want out. So I think I am pretty much set for a while.

Wait... what? Don't those overlap for you?

Just wandering if Lat is going to put the bolt in their mixup or leave it a limited disc?

Tough to say. I have not seen too many Bolts being sold as is, so I cannot speak for demand. However, their line-up suddenly seems rather crammed in the high speed department in that particular stability range. I know they are not exactly the same, but you are already looking at the Halo, Flow, and the Havoc. Add in the Bolt and if you want to include their partnership with Westside and their King and Sword, what more can the Bolt do as a regular production run than take away sales from everything else.

The Bolt is better served staying as a fundraiser. In all honesty, what more does the Latitude line-up need besides putters in premium plastic that can be used for driving? Maybe they could fill the gap between the River and the latest generation of Strikers. A more stable, less nose sensitive disc with the glide of a River would be down right impossible to beat.

I would like to see a slower fairway driver. I have both the River and the Striker in the bag and love them both. I just think a driver along the lines of a Gazelle or Polaris type disc would give you a shorter option without trying to power down on thier other fairway drivers. Does anyone think they could run the Pure with a big bead to make a more overstable putter. I know they have an overstable putter just not a fan of the textured grip pads.

I didn't think I was going to like the textured grip pads on my Sinus, but once the disc got wet, it was a Godsend. You don't have to use the pads; there is enough space between them that you can just use them when you want to.

im thinking of getting a trident purely for spike hyzers, is it worth the money just for that purpose, or should i get something that could be more versatile like a striker or something?

We fell in love with these discs a while ago and still love them today.

Favorites would be the Havoc, Flow, Halo, Striker, Fuse, Pure but really liked every disc of theirs we have tested. Current bag is Havoc, Blitz, XXX, Trident, Striker, Flow, River, Vision, Fuse, Pain, Spike, Pure. Have had the other weird disc too like the medius and primitis or whatever their names are and come in grip line which are probably the most unique discs they have out as well as the XXX. Core is a lot like a buzz but holds a more exaggerated line, Riot is great too the + rim never seemed to affect the throws but didn't like the flight as much as a striker or even trident which is a very solid OS fairway like driver, similar to the firebird. Some runs of Havoc's were slightly less stable but seems the new ones fly as how they were designed. I have yet to throw a lat. disc that I don't like or couldn't use.

Prefer the opto due to its durability and lasting slightly more stable and feel. The gold-line has its place too just tends to become more understable and doesn't feel as good in the hand. With some slight differences in molds being true the designed flight patterns never seem to change much. Striker is generally a striker, same with flow halo etc... Pure is probably the most versatile disc with a very high HSS for 300+ drives and nice consistent small fade but straight enough to be a good putter also. If there was ONE disc I had to play any course with it would be a Pure or Core.

Zero line tends to be a little to soft even for a putter but if you like disc that break-in a lot then zero is not a bad choice just grip line is 10x the strength and gets VERY tacky when broken in but slick when new... After a year it is SUPER grippy.

<3 Lat. 64

I love the Trident. I have a kinda flat GL that is very stable, and a domier Opto that is way overstable!

I like it for FH and the spike hyzers, even some shorter back hand shots. I find it versatile.

im thinking of getting a trident purely for spike hyzers, is it worth the money just for that purpose, or should i get something that could be more versatile like a striker or something?

Yes- It hold a great hyzer but also can be thrown like a striker but obviously more fade. It will hold a good straight line if thrown fast enough also but not as straight as a striker. Strikers do glide a LOT and can be hard to predict with hyzers sometimes but probably one of the best discs out. XXX also is ridiculously over-stable without any glide so for spike shots or forehand it does really well. I throw spike hyzers with all of them though just depends on how much distance and glide I am trying to get out of the shot for placement. Trident is slow enough to not be crazy OS like a blitz.

I would like to see a slower fairway driver. I have both the River and the Striker in the bag and love them both. I just think a driver along the lines of a Gazelle or Polaris type disc would give you a shorter option without trying to power down on thier other fairway drivers. Does anyone think they could run the Pure with a big bead to make a more overstable putter. I know they have an overstable putter just not a fan of the textured grip pads.

Honestly their Mids go just as far as any fairway driver and even the pure putter for me is the most consistant choice for me when a shot calls for a fairway driver. Fuse is a VERY long disc due to its huge amount of glide and same with the core which is great for hyzer-flips and long hyzer/anhyzer lines. The word on the street is they are developing some "fairway" drivers also though.

Vision and Diamond can be used for those purposes when powering down and still looking for D or solid line.