• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aussie Open - 2015 PDGA Major

Driving thru the outback maybe. Planes exist. I know people who live there already. I can make this happen.

:|

Can't wait to lose to McBeth.

Do planes fly upside down in Australia?

Lizotte's gonna be there too, watching him throw would be worth the trip alone :thmbup:

To the OP/tournament director:

There may quite a few people like me: it was announced a bit late for planning such a large excursion this year, but I would love to make the trip. The reason I even mention this is just to inform you that there may be others like me - if this tournament becomes an annual thing, I would definitely try to make it in 2016 or 2017. I think it would be an incredible event and good time. Hope everything pans out well for all involved. :thmbup:

Dang. How many people can actually afford the trip?

The flight is only $3,000 round trip for me. A decent hotel for 8 days would only run around another $1,000 for the hotel. Toss in $1,000 for everything else and it's only a $5,000 trip!

There may quite a few people like me: it was announced a bit late for planning such a large excursion this year, but I would love to make the trip. The reason I even mention this is just to inform you that there may be others like me - if this tournament becomes an annual thing, I would definitely try to make it in 2016 or 2017. I think it would be an incredible event and good time. Hope everything pans out well for all involved. :thmbup:

Unfortunately being the first major so early in the year cuts down the timing a bit from when the PDGA major schedule gets announced. The plan is to run this bi-annually alternating with the Japan Open. So even if you can't make it this time, keep it in mind for 2017!

Do planes fly upside down in Australia?

Lizotte's gonna be there too, watching him throw would be worth the trip alone :thmbup:

Seeing these guys throw on this course is going to be amazing. View from hole 1 teepad. Taken a while ago, alot of work has gone in to bringing the course up to major standard since.

Attachments

• 10374017_10152875915089152_375993754826573283_n.jpg
    10374017_10152875915089152_375993754826573283_n.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 104

There may quite a few people like me: it was announced a bit late for planning such a large excursion this year, but I would love to make the trip.

It was announced in June.

I doubt I'm alone in the group of people who can't plan a $5000 vacation only 6 months in advance. But hey, maybe I am. :eek:

Now that he's told me it'll be happening again in 2017, believe me, I will be considering saving it for it starting very soon. I've always wanted to visit Australia.

Sorry if I came off the wrong way, I was just pointing out that if the attendance from non-Aussie players is low the first year, they should at least give it a 2nd chance before they were to completely can the idea of the tournament, because I think the 2nd time around will have better attendance once people have heard of it and see if it's a good tournament.

Last edited:
I doubt I'm alone in the group of people who can't plan a $5000 vacation only 6 months in advance. But hey, maybe I am. :eek:

Now that he's told me it'll be happening again in 2017, believe me, I will be considering saving it for it starting very soon. I've always wanted to visit Australia.

Sorry if I came off the wrong way, I was just pointing out that if the attendance from non-Aussie players is low the first year, they should at least give it a 2nd chance before they were to completely can the idea of the tournament, because I think the 2nd time around will have better attendance once people have heard of it and see if it's a good tournament.

Fair point, I was just pointing that fact out as well, nothing more meant. :)

For anyone considering the costs and logistics of it all, the organisers have managed to work out some good deals. The tournament hotel is $50 per night to share a 2 bedroom apartment with a few fellow players, or $88-123 per night for your own room. The hotel is right on the beach, and Perth has some of the best beaches in Australia. A shuttle bus will be provided from this hotel to the course on practice days and during the tournament. They've also got a special day tour option lined up to check out some sights in regional Western Australia which you can select at registration. Nice way to check out Australia while getting to play in a PDGA major. ;)

https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Aussie_Open_2015/register

Latest posts