• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Austin, TX girl needs technique help

Dawn

Ok DG forum dorks, here's your chance to hang out with a real live girl who thinks you actually have something to offer and won't charge you $4.99/minute! ;)

I've been playing for about six months and have definitely gotten the feel for throwing and am not great, but have improved ten fold from when I first started. I would love to spend time and get some lessons and learn technique so I could be more confident in my throws.

I haven't played much these past few months since I've been stuck in a place that's not very DG friendly but am headed back to Austin this week.

Is anyone in the area up for hanging out and playing a few rounds and giving out some pointers?

Ok DG forum dorks, here's your chance to hang out with a real live girl who thinks you actually have something to offer and won't charge you $4.99/minute! ;)

I'd help you if I were in the area but I charge $20 bucks a lesson. $30 for you Dawn....;)

I don't Think you'll get much help here from a bunch of trolls. Maybe just go to your local course and ask to tag along with a group of people that look like they know what they are doing.

Wow, this is a harsh crowd. Free lessons to be had in NC, where men are still men, and show a little civility to a fellow DGer in need. Good luck with your quest Dawn. I'm sure someone will step up. Otherwise take a road trip over here and there will be many people that will help.

Wow, I can't believe nobody has jumped on this yet. :p

Maybe you can find some good players out on the course and ask them for help. I've met alot of cool people that don't mind sharing what they know, plus I think they like the idea of being good enough to be asked for lessons.

Check out the technique sticky thread too. I've actually learned more from watching videos/reading than anything.

Good luck! :)

Wow, this is a harsh crowd. Free lessons to be had in NC, where men are still men, and show a little civility to a fellow DGer in need. Good luck with your quest Dawn. I'm sure someone will step up. Otherwise take a road trip over here and there will be many people that will help.

:thmbup::hfive::D

sloppydisc, E-man, thanks for the support boys! I tend to learn better in practice than with reading.
And really, I thought the fact that I didn't have a penis would be enough to fill my inbox! :)

But seriously, I know I could just ask around at the courses, but I figured a social site where folks who love DG come together would enjoy getting together in real life too and helping out. Ding dangs!

in all seriousness, i live on the south side of austin and frequent courses like metcenter, circle c, searight, austin ridge, zilker, etc

PM me if you want to catch a round some time. i play back and forth between MA1 and Open so hopefully i can help you out a bit.

in all seriousness, i live on the south side of austin and frequent courses like metcenter, circle c, searight, austin ridge, zilker, etc

PM me if you want to catch a round some time. i play back and forth between MA1 and Open so hopefully i can help you out a bit.

Same here. Except North Austin. Northtown, wilco, rivery...

I'm sure kendan wouldn't mind. He plays zilker most of the time since it's so close to his place, but does play other courses around the area. shoot him a pm, he's on the forums.

First off this isnt a dating forum and good luck finding a "normal" disc golfer off the interweb to play a game with you in the woods.

I hope ur father sees ur thread!

...What a dick! :D

:rolleyes:Hopefully Dawn knows that was a J to the K.... But in all honesty Dawn, there are TONS of DGers in Austin and quite a few are DGCR members. I'm surprised nobody on here is willing help ya?!? I'd say your best bet would be to check out a random doubles type deal in your area or just attack booter's social page...:D;) Good luck!!:hfive:

I suggest you join this club: http://dblrdgc.com/

They are hosting the Texas Women's Championship next month. If you play, I'll see you there!

After that initial little bit of improvment, it's easy to just stop improving. Disc golf is one of those things that it is hard to get really good at, but start playing tournaments and you will have to get better.