• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Autumn can't come soon enough

austinirish

It is hot down here in Houston. I can t wait until the weather gets into the 80's. By the end of 18, I am starting to hallucinate (and it has nothing to do with what Valkarie is smokin)

This is not the smoking thread. The hurricane will probably cool you off. What would it be like to play in gale force winds?? I don't think I want to know.

It is hot down here in Houston. I can t wait until the weather gets into the 80's. By the end of 18, I am starting to hallucinate (and it has nothing to do with what Valkarie is smokin)

I hear ya brother. It's downright oppressive over here in Clearwater, FL from May until October. I'm just thankful that we can play year round. Good luck with Gustav.

It was pretty warm out there today in North Houston. That is one reason I just invested in a Champion Bag, so that I have two drink holders.

I'm with you.....only setback about fall is when all the leaves are down on the ground, and you disc goes for a slide.....make sure you throw BRIGHT colors.....and never be ashamed of a PINK disc. But the upside to the leaves being on the ground is that you can see a lot more lines to get to the basket than you could during summer!

Being Fort Worth TX USA makes me long for fall as well. Humidity is the real killer for me.

fall is when the wind comes back to wyoming after a very breif absence.

fall is when the wind comes back to wyoming after a very breif absence.

I worked up in Gillette before and it is scarry to think of playing in that kind of wind. Chicago, "The Windy City," has got nothing on Gillette.

(Even though that nickname came from the politician's blow-hard claims. ;) )

Despite really disliking the heat in the past, since I've started playing disc golf I haven't minded playing in the Houston heat. Weird.

pa is pretty nice in the fall, the wind is all based on where you are playing, if you drive south to brandywine just out of pa the winds blow you around 40 to 50 miles an hour but if you hit up places like french creek or buchmiller park its usually perfect, little bit of wind and temps anywhere from high 50's to low 70 with little humidity

I hear ya brother. It's downright oppressive over here in Clearwater, FL from May until October. I'm just thankful that we can play year round. Good luck with Gustav.

Clearwater huh? just out of curiosity how do you feel about 'downtown' Clearwater?

Despite really disliking the heat in the past, since I've started playing disc golf I haven't minded playing in the Houston heat. Weird.

Same here. This has been one of the hottest summers on record in Austin, but to me it has not seemed that hot because I've been out playing in it every day.

It's funny that the people who spend all day inside with air conditioning thought is was a miserable summer.

I'm not too happy about fall as it will bring more frequent rain here in the pacific northwest. Summertime was perfect here for disc golf.

I'm not too happy about fall as it will bring more frequent rain here in the pacific northwest. Summertime was perfect here for disc golf.

Whem I lived in Seattle, summer time was the "only" time! :p

Don't get me wrong the heat in the summer around here is pretty harsh. On the other hand I don't like fall to much because I am constantly looking for disc that have slide underneath leaves. Ah, I guess you can't have it all.

Fall is a nice time to play for sure. The colors of the leaves sometimes make it tough to find discs though, up here in wisconsin where we have trees.