• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviarx3

You can probably expect to see a big and small bead version from Discmania and Millennium just like they did for the Aviar3

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Millennium has the omega3, which is literally an aviar3 with a bead.

And doesn't Discmania have the P3X?

Yes they do. I have not tried nor held a P3X, but the reviewers at Infinite Discs say it's essentially an Aviar3 with a bead, and in reading the reviews there, it sounds like it flies like an Aviar3: not as overstable as originally expected.

Can someone give some insight on the difference between Aviar3 & AviarX3 compared to Roc3 & RocX3?
I found the RocX3 to both feel better in the hand and be more overstable than the regular Roc3, but ultimately felt I didn't need that extra stability so sticking with Roc3s for now. Is the difference between the Aviars similar to the difference between the Rocs?

Can someone give some insight on the difference between Aviar3 & AviarX3 compared to Roc3 & RocX3?
I found the RocX3 to both feel better in the hand and be more overstable than the regular Roc3, but ultimately felt I didn't need that extra stability so sticking with Roc3s for now. Is the difference between the Aviars similar to the difference between the Rocs?

Roc3 and RocX3 feel similar in the hand. The RocX3 is not as overstable as I expected it to be, though it's more reliably overstable in the fade than the straight-shooting Roc3. The RocX3 did not replace my Hornet as my reliably overstable mid.

The AviarX3 is much more comfortable in the hand for me than the Aviar3. The AviarX3 is also an unmistakably overstable disc, very much like the Harp, while the Aviar3 is not all that OS at all. I'm bagging the AviarX3 right now.

So I'd say there is MORE difference in the Av3/AvX3 than the Roc3/RocX3.

Roc3 and RocX3 feel similar in the hand. The RocX3 is not as overstable as I expected it to be, though it's more reliably overstable in the fade than the straight-shooting Roc3. The RocX3 did not replace my Hornet as my reliably overstable mid.

The AviarX3 is much more comfortable in the hand for me than the Aviar3. The AviarX3 is also an unmistakably overstable disc, very much like the Harp, while the Aviar3 is not all that OS at all. I'm bagging the AviarX3 right now.

So I'd say there is MORE difference in the Av3/AvX3 than the Roc3/RocX3.

I saw the rim depth was abit big on the avx3. How does it feel in ur hand for a flick grip?

Also love that it has the harp stability!

I saw the rim depth was abit big on the avx3. How does it feel in ur hand for a flick grip?

Also love that it has the harp stability!

I have not attempted a forehand flick with the AvX3. And be advised that on the rare times I throw flicks, it's usually with a Panther for approaches and a TL/TL3 for longer forehands. I have thrown some flicks with my (BT Hard) Harp.

When I read your post to which I'm replying now, I went and got my AvX3 disc and held it in my forehand grip. It feels okay to me, though the Harp feels just a bit more comfortable.

Last edited:
I have not attempted a forehand flick with the AvX3. And be advised that on the rare times I throw flicks, it's usually with a Panther for approaches and a TL/TL3 for longer forehands. I have thrown some flicks with my (BT Hard) Harp.

When I read your post to which I'm replying now, I went and got my AvX3 disc and held it in my forehand grip. It feels okay to me, though the Harp feels just a bit more comfortable.

Ah okay. Think i'll stick to suspect/zone then )

Ah okay. Think i'll stick to suspect/zone then )

Today I made a point to forehand flick a few shots with my AviarX3. Keep in mind that my forehand will not be mistaken for Nate Sexton's , but I had some good forehand approach shots with the AvX3, and I'm going to work with it some more and see if I can develop a good flick shot.

Update: Star AviarX3s are available at DiscGolfCenter. As of this posting, Infinite did not have them yet, but might soon.

Finally got around to throwing these. I had a proto star and two proto dx. The star was concave and was just a glide-less over-stable turd. The dx have a slight dome and fly really nice. Not a ton of glide, but there is a little. The dx made the bag, the star did not.

Finally got around to throwing these. I had a proto star and two proto dx. The star was concave and was just a glide-less over-stable turd. The dx have a slight dome and fly really nice. Not a ton of glide, but there is a little. The dx made the bag, the star did not.

i like it that the AviarX3 isn't glidey and is overstable. When I need less overstable, I'll reach for a Star Aviar3...

It was too much to the point you couldn't really do anything with it. My DX one is some happy medium between an aviar3 and the star aviarx3 I have. It flies a lot like a harp.

It was too much to the point you couldn't really do anything with it. My DX one is some happy medium between an aviar3 and the star aviarx3 I have. It flies a lot like a harp.

For me, my Star AviarX3 flies very much like my Tournament Plastic Harp. Only difference is that the Harp is beaded and the AvX3 is not.

I may try a DX AviarX3 in the future and see what they're all about.

Pros using AviarX3

Just watched the Jomez coverage of the first round of the Waco Charity Open. Paul McBeth bags the AviarX3, and he used it very well in the wind. Big Jerm said he just added the AvX3 to his own bag and really loves it, and I don't think he was just plugging it; he sounded like he really likes it. Nate Sexton said he'd have to try it. So it is looking like the AvX3 is what McBeth was looking for, and is a winner with other Innova pros. :thmbup:

Aviarx3 or rat for better OS innova putter/approach though? I know they are different and it is opinion, but which?

Aviarx3 or rat for better OS innova putter/approach though? I know they are different and it is opinion, but which?

So far the consensus seems to be that the AviarX3 is more overstable than the Rat. Does that make it "better"? That probably depends on what you want out of it.

EDIT: Also, the Pig is better. #shotsfired #comeatme #MOARhashtags

I haven't tried the Rat, but the general consensus is that it's not as overstable as the AvX3. What I can do is compare the AviarX3 to the Aviar3 (also not as OS as intended), and the AviarX3 with an X wins hands-down. I also can putt with the AvX3 into headwinds, like I used to do with a Gator. So I'd say the AvX3 is the better choice for putt and approach duties.

Felt up an AX3 at a PIAS today. Was surprised how great it was in my hand. The Aviar3 had that similar Aviar deep dish feel but the AX3 had that nice chunky rim to grab.

Almost tempted to buy one and see if it threatens my PA1 or Berg. Would love to be able to condense those two molds. Right now I use those two for similar lines but the PA1 is BH only and the Berg FH only.