• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Back Neck pain from your disc golf bag?

bfowler

Double Eagle Member
I just got some straps for my Latitude 64 pro bag. The first day I wore them with my bag hanging low, basically against my butt. Felt good. No problems.

The next day I woke up and felt like I'd slept wrong on my neck. It's really sore about an inch below my neck on my back and a little across my shoulder blades.

I didn't play that day but I next the following day. Half the round I wore my bag the same way but then switched it so that it rested much higher on my back, basically in the small of my back. No discomfort during the round but woke up this morning with the same pain in my upper back/lower neck but not as severe.

The Lat bag has 6 areas to connect the bag straps. Three on each side. I've got my connect to the ones closet to my back and the next closest which would be in the middle.

Anybody else have pain from using straps or recommendations on how best to adjust the straps to best carry the weight of the bag?

It could just be you need to strengthen you neck muscles? Just keep wearing your bag high on your back and the issue will go away with time.

Def adjust the back/quads so that the bag is level (not tilted) and higher up on your back. If it's tilting downwards, or is too low, you'll probably feel it.

I woke up yesterday with a sore shoulder/neck... it started Wednesday after a round of golf, so could be my bag. I went and played a Halloween tournament, won the costume contest, and won a one-hour massage. I was too slow to realize the perfect acceptance speech... "Thankth a lot, I could really uthe thith, because I'm really Thor."

I was an Avenger. Yeah, that one.

I used the Bag/Strap Combo for YEARS and would have that problem after weekend events. Now that I use the Backpack style bag it doesnt happen anymore... Just something to think about.

I get both back & neck pain from carrying a bag (especially my back!). I am using a cart now. Now I dont have these same issues!

I'll second the backpack recommendation. I jacked my neck up in a car wreck in high school and using the bag/straps combo always caused me problems. I have a spinal tap now and the pain has been greatly alleviated. If you continue with your current bag at least make sure you have it setting up high. It'll help.

IMO large bags like the Lat64 ProBag, Innova Discarrier and alike should ship with backpack/quad straps and not a shoulder strap. [/EndRant]

From my camping days, the benefit of a backpack came from having a good hip belt that would take the load from your shoulders and redistribute it to your legs. That being said, I have never used a Backpack-style DG bag and don't know if they have hip belts.

Stretching and strengthening should help you in the interim. Obviously a lighter load will help too. My friend with a ProBag stuffed his pockets full just because he could when he first got it. Thing weighed a ton!

I've recently been using a backpack and finally figured out my recent lower back pain is from my backpack. I have really big and wide shoulders and it's hard for me to get my second arm in the strap, so it strained my lower lats from constantly taking it off and putting it back on with both straps. I might try loosening the straps to get the pack on and then tightening down. Still using just one strap on a backpack is probably better than the single shoulder strap bags just from where the weight sits. I wish my go cart would go anywhere. :\

If the bag caused the back problems then we would have back problems right? It's you not the bag that's the problem.