• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Back on the Road Again - Tour Stop #11 (Ledgestone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Tour Stop #10
"Ledgestone and finally a week off!!"

So I was excited to see the other two courses besides McNaughton Park, Northwood and Lake Eureka Temporary. After practicing them once I liked them both, but I was told that they would be adding rope to both and that it would be stroke and distance. I was not excited about that because of the luck factor. Either way, I got ready and struggled in the first round shooting a -4. I had to retee on one of the stroke and distance holes and was tied for 39th.

We headed to McNaughton where there was no stroke and distance and I climbed to 9th with a -11. I love that course! You don't need OB everywhere when you make good holes with thought out obstacles like they utilize at this park. I made it through the next round without having to retee so I moved up to 8th just playing safe.

The final round was something to remember. The course required players to make difficult shots or rethrow with a penalty. The weather started with a little rain and finished with a lot of wind. Not what you are hoping for on that type of course layout! I scored an 11 on hole #6 and crushed any hope I had of making the final. I don't agree with this type of hole with no progression. I believe you should take a penalty, but think about it, I missed by less than three inches on three consecutive throws and proceeded to card an 11 while my card mates carded threes. Does less than three inches onto a landing area only 20-25' across seem like it should be an 8 stroke penalty? Does the penalty fit the crime?

I also received a miss marked scorecard two stroke penalty due to my mental disarray from the 11. Tough finish to an ok weekend. I have to thank my caddy Brent Comincioli, he was a nice fella with a positive attitude. I hope someday I will get to play in an NT with that strong of a field and purse that doesn't add their little twist to our game. I just want to play some golf out there!!

After the event we headed to Cincinnati to camp for a few days and check out the area. We are considering the area as a possible place to live in the U.S.. We played some courses, ate some local grub, listened to some live music, and drove around looking at houses and property. You are probably wondering why Cincinnati? Many reasons, how about one day drive to 80 percent of the U.S. Population. Topography, it has some of the prettiest rolling hills with trees (ideal for a private course). Weather only averages 8 inches of snow a year. Nearly 300 playable days a year!

We are heading to Spotsylvania, Virginia for the Labor Day open at the Grange. I am excited to show Synthya the Grange. I used to go there many years ago with the WinniCrew and I always had a good time. My leg has been bothering me for a while so I am headed to the doctor this week. I hope it's not serious. Down the road we continue...

Last edited:
Cool. I'm sure their would be a lot of people in the cincy/dayton area that would love to have you.

Title: Back on the Road again with Dave Feldberg.
Poster: Timj
No intro of 'Dave writes:', or conclusion of 'sincerely, Dave'.

It sounds like this is written about Timj's experience at the Ledgestone as he travels with Dave.

Title: Back on the Road again with Dave Feldberg.
Poster: Timj
No intro of 'Dave writes:', or conclusion of 'sincerely, Dave'.

It sounds like this is written about Timj's experience at the Ledgestone as he travels with Dave.
Dave emails me and I post his photos and emails. It's kind of assumed he's the one writing.

Dave emails me and I post his photos and emails. It's kind of assumed he's the one writing.

It's definitely assumed! It sure isnt stated, lol! At least it's obvious for people who know which posters are the pros.

If you read this Dave, help my inner OCD demon and sign your blog updates!

Good luck on your leg Dave. And thanks for the "smallest clinic I've ever done" at Delaware disc golf challenge.

I don't agree with this type of hole with no progression. I believe you should take a penalty, but think about it, I missed by less than three inches on three consecutive throws and proceeded to card an 11 while my card mates carded threes. Does less than three inches onto a landing area only 20-25' across seem like it should be an 8 stroke penalty? Does the penalty fit the crime?

I knew dave would put something about his tin cup moment in this blog update, I was looking forward to it! I'm not sure dave will ever read this, but I have to say it anyway. Dave the crime was not missing by 3 inches, the crime was going it for it in the first place! And then going for it again and again and again! As the only dude who lays up Winthrop gold #17 every single year you should know better!

I knew dave would put something about his tin cup moment in this blog update, I was looking forward to it! I'm not sure dave will ever read this, but I have to say it anyway. Dave the crime was not missing by 3 inches, the crime was going it for it in the first place! And then going for it again and again and again! As the only dude who lays up Winthrop gold #17 every single year you should know better!

Does less than three inches onto a landing area only 20-25' across seem like it should be an 8 stroke penalty? Does the penalty fit the crime?

I just have to comment here as well....the landing zone for the layup area was 65 feet wide at the bottom of the hill. Also, the green was 45 feet wide. I will admit that this hole was still too hard and we will be adjusting it going forward, but it definitely was not 20 or 25 feet wide. Just wanted to clarify that.

Geeze dave, how bout take some accountability for your poor play. His card mates took 3, and he took an 11, its the courses fault?..... Gimme a break

Weird too, because he has a history of taking personal accountability and not blaming things on the course, other players, injuries...

:\

Status
Not open for further replies.