• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Backhand Form Critique

backhand drives

im no pro and still learning, but as you get to the end of your throw, it looks like your trying to pull back, instead of letting your body follow through.

kinda like throwing your weight foward when you go to throw a punch at someone. i hope that helps.

im doing the same started videoing myself throwing so i can get help in my form.

Your pull line isn't straight. When you reach back, you bring your arm too close to your body, and then have to move the disc around your body in an arc. I think if you keep a longer arm on the reach-back it will help.

Your pull line isn't straight. When you reach back, you bring your arm too close to your body, and then have to move the disc around your body in an arc. I think if you keep a longer arm on the reach-back it will help.

I appreciate the input, more specifically are you saying to keep my arm extended for a longer period of time?

I appreciate the input, more specifically are you saying to keep my arm extended for a longer period of time?

I think he is trying to say to keep your throwing arm closer to your body. You want to pull the disc threw your body.

This video helped me out a lot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUOq09T2q54 From about the 25 minute mark and after is good stuff. But minute 28 is really what they are talking about.

What you're doing is over rotating in your reachback ... instead of reaching back "on the line". When you rotate your shoulders back, your arm is following and the disc is going past your left side. Your shoulders should rotate, and your arm should go straight back.

try turning your head a little more away from the target. you are defiantly arcing the disc around instead of pulling in a straight line. i noticed that your weight is either back or if its not your off balance. get the weight further forward. lastly and i might be mistaken but it looks like your starting your inward pull too early.

When you go out drive your elbow when you throw. It helps you keep the disc closer to your body and it add to the rip of the throw. Don't pull your throwing arm in front of your left shoulder the pull throw it should be a straighter motion. Here are some pictures to help.

Attachments

• Reach-back.jpg
    Reach-back.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Hit.jpg
    Hit.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Release.jpg
    Release.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 26
When you go out drive your elbow when you throw. It helps you keep the disc closer to your body and it add to the rip of the throw. Don't pull your throwing arm in front of your left shoulder the pull throw it should be a straighter motion. Here are some pictures to help.

Thanks so much for the screenshots, they are very helpful!