• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Backyard Course HOD #1

New013

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I posted in the winter that I was building a course in my yard using 6 separate basket locations. Since then I have changed things up slightly on some holes, added new tee positions and I am working on alternate pin locations.

Right now I still only have 2 baskets completely built and I need a total of 5 (1 basket moves to the 6th pin position after the first nine holes) I have a couple of friends who have baskets for putting practice in their yards and twice I've had them come over with the baskets so we could play my course. As it stands I just keep pipes in place of where the baskets will be. It's actually good practice when you have to just hit the pole.

I'm at the point where I want to install permanent footings for my pole supports to simply slide in to so I won't have to pound down the poles every time I move them. The question is, are all my pins where I want them or should I continue to work on the development?

I've decided it would be a good idea to do a HOD with each of the holes on my course and get feedback hole by hole from you guys. For each hole I have pictures off the tee for both red and blue, as well as an overhead map of each hole. On some of the holes I'll include the winter and summer pictures so you can see how the hole changes with vegetative growth. I'll probably create a new thread for each hole without all of this explanation once or twice a week so it doesn't litter the forum all at once.

Red = short/easy
Blue = long/hard
Green = suggested 3rd tee position by friend

Format>>

Hole #
Color: Distance in Feet (Elevation change in Meters)
Description

So without further adieu the first Backyard Course HOD

Hole #1
Red: 185 (-2.33m)
Blue: 195 (-1.77m)

Short downhill hole with OB behind pin.

Overhead>>
Hole%2525201.jpg

Red>>
1r.JPG

Blue>>
1b.JPG

Pin>> (OB is darker/dirt area to right of pin)
Pin-1-8-10-14.jpg

I throw my Pig on both holes usually. On the red I try to fade it in and land around the area of the tree line to avoid the OB. On the blue I usually go to the right of the big oak and curve it in from that side.

Tell me how you would play it or how you would change the hole.

Last edited:
18 views and only one response? Cmon guys, at least say what you would throw; it's a HOD.

It is close to the OB, do you think it should come back under the trees? I put it that close to add some difficulty to one of my easier holes.

I think you may be right, I'll move it up and see how it works.

How do you post the satellite images from Google? I've been tryingto get it saved to ky phone to no avail.

I like it, however, it looks as if your house could be hit from the red if a shot goes awry. I'd probably throw my buzzz ss from both tees.

It could happen, my house was hit on 16 and I instituted the rule if you break something you pay for it, if you don't break anything you buy me a beer. There's a really minimal chance you can harm anything.

It could happen, my house was hit on 16 and I instituted the rule if you break something you pay for it, if you don't break anything you buy me a beer. There's a really minimal chance you can harm anything.

loving the rule :thmbup:
probably throwing a roc

would anybody else go right of the oak tree on blue to avoid the low limbs on the left?

I'd probably throw my money putter bh on both tees. Maybe forehand a roc on blue.

18 views and only one response? Cmon guys, at least say what you would throw; it's a HOD.

It is close to the OB, do you think it should come back under the trees? I put it that close to add some difficulty to one of my easier holes.

Hole of the day is determined by the picture on the main page, you do not get to pick the hole of the day.

beat kc pro roc slow and low straight at it both tees looking to stop just past the trees to avoid ob. I also agree that the pin is a little close to the ob.

Latest posts