• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag for the big road trip.

Peter S

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Going on 2 weeks vacation to IDGC, GA, SC, NC, TN & I am trying to put a bag together that will not be too heavy. Epic fail. I can't live without anyone of my prized possessions. Can anyone talk me into loosing something. o.k. I usually carry 2 flicks at home. I will just bring the 165. I can also ditch the Buzzz o/s since it is a new addition I will live with just the Roc3. There, I broke the ice.

My max distance drivers now are
Ape 170 forehand crush
Blizzard Ape 159 / forehand control
Boss G*167 Flex distance or big hyzers
Champion Destroyer 168, new Dead straight, nice fade
DX Destroyer 175 - flippy
Star Destroyer 173, worn in Anhyzer
D4 long S turns
Tern not quite as long S turns
Wraith 171 Champion (windfighter)

Fairways
175 Glow Firebird (overstable)
170 xXx (meat hook)
Flicks 165 & 170 (forehand, thumbers, meat hooks)
Star PD Freak 170 (dead straight strond winds, a little fade)
Surge SS 171 (dead straight, less wind)

Mids
Roc3 180
Ti Buzzz 180
Buzzz o/s 180
Skeeters 173-177. I mix it up & usually carry 1 or 2 depending on terrain & conditions. 173-pro (wet days), 175 DX, 177 DX (windy days), 175 G*, 175 Champion (courses with gravel roads in bounds).
DX Stingray 180

Lat 64 Pure putter 175

Last edited:
seems you have a ton of drivers.
Do you really need the D4 and the tern you say they do essentially the same thing.
could you cover the wraith and boss spots with the destroyers?
can you back hand the apes? If yes they could fill some of the other driver roles

XXX and firebird are pretty similar could probably get by with one or the other

that's all i got

I don't know what wear you have on these discs. But could you knock one of the three out?
I know my fresh Wraith and PD overlap a tad bit.

Boss G*167 Flex distance or big hyzers
Wraith 171 Champion (windfighter)
Star PD Freak 170 (dead straight strond winds, a little fade)

All Champions are nice condition. Stars are a bit more beat. I may ditch the PD as there is some overlap between the Surge & Wraith. The G* Boss is new but I like it. The D4 is a new hand me down that someone did not like. May overlap the Tern but may also be a good sacrificial lamb. I am thinking it may be at the bottom of the lake at Ashe County Park soon enough.

Obviously I do not bring a lot of the drivers to the wooded courses. However, we are also going to a number of open courses with some long open holes that I have never been to. This is when I tend to bring more than needed.

I do not BH the Apes, too much disc for my BH.
170 Champion Ape for forhand distance into wind. Also use the Firebird here but FB is used for less distance, more control.
Blizz Ape, something light & easy to throw FH or BH if I am getting tired during a round.