• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Tag

fiveonomo

I am looking at getting some bag tags and I was wondering if anyone knew where I can buy them at. I only need about 10, (1-10). The problem I am having is when I find them they have to be ordered in a minimum of 50. I play with a very small group and a couple of us thought it would be fun. I dont care if they are used or knew, just trying to find some. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks.

I am looking at getting some bag tags and I was wondering if anyone knew where I can buy them at. I only need about 10, (1-10). The problem I am having is when I find them they have to be ordered in a minimum of 50. I play with a very small group and a couple of us thought it would be fun. I dont care if they are used or knew, just trying to find some. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks.

I made ours with printer paper, and laminated luggage tags. I got a fifty pack for about 15.00 online, but I think they sell them in less quantity at your big box office store. We have used about 20 and they hold up well. Do not worry about buying a laminator, just use a household iron with no steam with a sheet of printer paper between the iron and the tag.

2610107483_de420c9e96_o.jpg

Another good idea is only to use a 2/2 inch square and cut off the rest of the laminated tag. 2/2 inches is big enough and will not drag the ground like using the whole card.

We also have a wetpaint wiki at http://mgdga.wetpaint.com so one person does not have to update the info all the time.

Check out http://www.mgdga.com under bag tags if you want to borrow our rules just in case you have any disagreements.

Last edited:
That is such a great idea. How long have you been doing the bag tags for, and do alot of the challengers win?

Another idea for you....mark the underside of mini discs with sharpie for numbers 1-10. That way instead of challenging for a "bag tag", you have the mini with the number on it.

Another great idea, unless you are attached to your own mini. I like it though, good idea.

Texas.....if you are asking me, I just started with the tags.

That is such a great idea. How long have you been doing the bag tags for, and do alot of the challengers win?

Only a few months, but it has really added to the games. Challengers win all the time and I have been on the wining and loosing side. I have had 2,4,5,8, and 9. What is fun is when a player with a high number beats a low number. THe person that was for example 2, will now be like 8. Often times they may try for a number in the middle like 5 on the way back up. Obviously a person that had five does not want to be 9 but they just lost to a person that was at one time good enough to be 2 so they might challenge for 6 or 7.

Also people like to play in groups of 4 and 5 and throw them all in.

Sorry to be "That Guy", but what is a "Bag Tag"??

Bag Tag is normally used in a disc golf club where each member gets an actual tag to attach to their bag with a corresponding number of their "standing" within the club. Members can then challenge each other to play for their tag. So if I challenge Joe Shmoe he would have to have a higher tag number in hopes that I would beat him and earn the higher tag number. Does that make sense? Each club has their own set of rules regarding challenges as well. it is simply to encourage friendly competition between club members.

Bag Tag is normally used in a disc golf club where each member gets an actual tag to attach to their bag with a corresponding number of their "standing" within the club. Members can then challenge each other to play for their tag. So if I challenge Joe Shmoe he would have to have a higher tag number in hopes that I would beat him and earn the higher tag number. Does that make sense? Each club has their own set of rules regarding challenges as well. it is simply to encourage friendly competition between club members.

You have explained it well, but just to be clear the "higher" (BEST number) is typically the lowest number (1). I am sure that being clear just confused anyone that thought they understoond :). Also you can go to www.MGDGA.COM if you want to see a clubs complete rules for Bag Tags.

You have explained it well, but just to be clear the "higher" (BEST number) is typically the lowest number (1). I am sure that being clear just confused anyone that thought they understoond :). Also you can go to www.MGDGA.COM if you want to see a clubs complete rules for Bag Tags.

Ah yes, forgot that part. Thanks for clairfying :cool:

I completed a set of 10 today, thanks for the great idea. It cost me all of about $12, I had to buy new printer cartridges but I had that expense anyway. I am going to try an post a picture of them. I think they look great, let me know what you think. Thanks.

100_1969.jpg

So I assume you can collect more than one tag, right?

Let's say you're the highest ranked person (so you have the #1 tag). And you are challenged by someone holding the #8 tag. If you lose, you swap tags? What if you have the #1 tag, and also the #3 tag. I assume if you lose to the #8 you would give that person your #3 tag and not your #1 tag, right?

I know I could probably read through all the rules on the site you provided to figure this stuff out -- so I'm sorry for being lazy haha

The way I understand it is, if you have #1 than you can be challnged by any other number. If you defend your title (#1) than you keep it, if you lose than you take whatever number they had. I do not think you can hold two tags at once.

I am not sure about this but I think that is correct. I am going to try an go over the rules tonight. Someone, I am sure will come along and correct me if I am wrong. I am still learning the bag tag thing, I just thought it would add a little more incentive, braging rights, to the group I play with. We do not belong to a club so my bag tag deal will be really laid back, I will see how it goes.

So I assume you can collect more than one tag, right?

Let's say you're the highest ranked person (so you have the #1 tag). And you are challenged by someone holding the #8 tag. If you lose, you swap tags? What if you have the #1 tag, and also the #3 tag. I assume if you lose to the #8 you would give that person your #3 tag and not your #1 tag, right?

I know I could probably read through all the rules on the site you provided to figure this stuff out -- so I'm sorry for being lazy haha

You shouldn't ever have more than one tag because anytime you play someone you either both keep your tags or swap tags. You would never take the other persons tag with out giving him yours.

Latest posts