• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bagging the baggers

Mando

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I thought it would be interesting to start keeping track of the top baggers who have favorited Sugaree on DGCR, since it can't be reviewed.
Deke Guff
Martin Dewgarita
Lion
Mushin No Shin
Shuie
Tall Paul
Olorin
WolfHaley
DSKJNKY
Am I missing anyone ? danhyzer is a tough nut to crack,but I'll get him someday. Most excited to play the course-wolfhaley in a landslide.

Last edited:
Once Mrs. WolfHaley records all her courses, she will break into the top 50 ! Followed by;
BraveThrower,Discette,DiscGolfCraig,1978,Hognosesucker,Elevated Greens

I thought it would be interesting to start keeping track of the top baggers who have favorited Sugaree on DGCR, since it can't be reviewed.
Deke Guff
Martin Dewgarita
Lion
Mushin No Shin
Shuie
Tall Paul
Olorin
WolfHaley
DSKJNKY
Am I missing anyone ? danhyzer is a tough nut to crack,but I'll get him someday. Most excited to play the course-wolfhaley in a landslide.

Damn right I was excited to play it. It was even better than I could have hoped for. My new favorite course actually. 👍

Ya forgot elmexdela too.

i loooove sugaree

i dont have it listed as a blue basket favorite on here tho

i actually dont have anything listed on here as favorite

i loooove sugaree

i dont have it listed as a blue basket favorite on here tho

i actually dont have anything listed on here as favorite
You are in good company. Alot of the big hitters don't list favorites. To me, being favorited by someone who plays alot of courses is the ultimate compliment !

Finally got a visit from danhyzer last fall for his 2150. He lost a disc in the Christmas trees, but we found it during harvest nestled in one of the trees. I actually played with him for my only round of 2022. It was fun !

We have a 4-man team play tournament each year. A couple of years ago, one of the teams had a combined total of over 2,700 courses played -- it was a bagger team!

I'm always happy to have these big-time course baggers visit. I figure that, though they have no doubt played a lot of great courses, they've also played a lot of crappy ones, so we have a chance to look good in comparison.

(Danhyzer visited years ago, on the Friday before a 4-round tournament I was hosting and playing in. I enjoyed playing with him on that Friday....but by Sunday afternoon, I was regretting it.)

We have a 4-man team play tournament each year. A couple of years ago, one of the teams had a combined total of over 2,700 courses played -- it was a bagger team!

I'm always happy to have these big-time course baggers visit. I figure that, though they have no doubt played a lot of great courses, they've also played a lot of crappy ones, so we have a chance to look good in comparison.

(Danhyzer visited years ago, on the Friday before a 4-round tournament I was hosting and playing in. I enjoyed playing with him on that Friday....but by Sunday afternoon, I was regretting it.)
Yea, I love picking their brains about extinct courses like Kandahar and Boylans.

Yea, I love picking their brains about extinct courses like Kandahar and Boylans.

Kandahar was Michigan's "Throw Down The Mountain" lol. I only got to play it once. It was built on an extinct ski hill. Then someone bought it and turned it into a subdivision. A few folks came to play it from out of the area as they stated having tournaments there before it was pulled.

Mando said: Am I missing anyone ? danhyzer is a tough nut to crack,but I'll get him someday.

Surgaree is one of my favorites, Mando!! I feel bad that I took so long to finally play it, but now that I have I want to play it every time I'm in that area. Sharing the fairways with you was really special!! Having baskets on rock ledges is what we try to dream of at night. I wish I knew how to camp, because I'd like to stay up on your mountain and just soak up all the beauty, tranquility and love that I briefly tasted with my past visit. Thanks for returning the Sidewinder. didn't think anyone would ever find it unless they also went into the briars to find theirs, lol. But it was worth going for the ACE shot on that downhill hole.

Last edited:
Mando said: Am I missing anyone ? danhyzer is a tough nut to crack,but I'll get him someday.

Surgaree is one of my favorites, Mando!! I feel bad that I took so long to finally play it, but now that I have I want to play it every time I'm in that area. Sharing the fairways with you was really special!! Having baskets on rock ledges is what we try to dream of at night. I wish I knew how to camp, because I'd like to stay up on your mountain and just soak up all the beauty, tranquility and love that I briefly tasted with my past visit. Thanks for returning the Sidewinder. didn't think anyone would ever find it unless they also went into the briars to find theirs, lol. But it was worth going for the ACE shot on that downhill hole.
You were selling yourself short, it carried well past the briars into the middle of the Christmas tree patch. Looking forward to our next round !

Mando and I have been in touch a few times over the years, but the timing or other issues didn't work out.

My recovery goal: get my knees back to the point where Sugaree is still a possibility. I may need to take it slow, but Sugaree is STILL on my radar.

Despite being called the bees knees by some, Sugaree is not knee-friendly. I've had multiple cartilage operations, cortisone and gel injections and one full replacement. Robotic replacement is the smart money, if your insurance covers it.

Despite being called the bees knees by some, Sugaree is not knee-friendly. I've had multiple cartilage operations, cortisone and gel injections and one full replacement. Robotic replacement is the smart money, if your insurance covers it.

Just get one of those flotation systems that Baron Harkonnen uses in Dune. Your feet don't need to touch the ground except to take a legal throwing stance.

D0KhF6UWoAcnMgv.jpg

How did the gel injections work out for you? That is next on my list.

Excellent. I've heard they used to be hit or miss, but whatever I got in February did the trick.

Interesting. I'm coming up on decision time on my knees, having conceded that I won't get a chance to move to a lower-gravity planet soon enough to do me any good. (I've tried to file a warranty claim, but my dear mother won't honor it).

But back to the thread's theme, one pleasure of being a course owner is the people I've met without having to leave my yard, stars and legends and course baggers, and players from distant points in this country, and beyond.

Latest posts