• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bagging the baggers

Interesting. I'm coming up on decision time on my knees, having conceded that I won't get a chance to move to a lower-gravity planet soon enough to do me any good. (I've tried to file a warranty claim, but my dear mother won't honor it).
At your age David, robotic knee replacement is the way to go, if you are bone to bone.

I thought it would be interesting to start keeping track of the top baggers who have favorited Sugaree on DGCR, since it can't be reviewed.
Deke Guff
Martin Dewgarita
Lion
Mushin No Shin
Shuie
Tall Paul
Olorin
WolfHaley
DSKJNKY
Am I missing anyone ?
Me.

Did you get any top pros playing there this past week?

I am bone-on-bone. Sometimes, it feels like its worn down to hip-bone-on-ankle-bone.
You are crazy to put it off, David. It was the best decision I ever made, health-wise.

Robotic replacement is the smart money, if your insurance covers it.

Didn't have knee replacement surgery.

I ruptured the quad tendon in both knees in a traumatic fall. Tendons had to be surgically reattached, but no damage to any bones.

You are crazy to put it off, David. It was the best decision I ever made, health-wise.

Yeah, it's on my to-do list to go visit the ortho. I've had meniscus surgeries on each, so replacement is probably the next step. I've had a rough 6 months, for more reasons than my knees, but the time is coming.

I played with an old friend 2 weeks ago, who was bragging about his new knees, as well.

So you have Sugaree as extinct instead of hiding it?

If so, if I ever get in that area, I will send you a message.

So you have Sugaree as extinct instead of hiding it?

If so, if I ever get in that area, I will send you a message.
It's been extinct since it was de-listed nearly 5 years ago. It's like Hotel California, you can check out, but you can never leave.

Quick story time. My wife called me yesterday as I was making my way home from an after work round with a buddy and asked if we were expecting any golfers. We don't get many visitors so I'm usually on top of letting her know when we have someone stopping by to play, especially if I'm not going to be around. I didn't recall any reservations so then my anger started to get the best of me because two randos just showed up to my home and started playing without advance notice/approval. She mentioned that the plates on their vehicle were from Illinois.

I got home about 15-20 minutes later, plenty of time for my anger to build. I was a bit fired up when I caught up to them on hole 16, I'm marching down the fairway towards them, I got a bit vocal as I got closer. Not my best moment. Seems he misinterpreted the month old Udisc update that was for a singular Open Day on 3/19 as an "Open for the season" announcement. (It's more the opposite at this stage as I'm about to put the course into Summer hibernation.)

Luckily, I recognized one dude's face as someone who had visited less than a year ago and had chatted with for a while after his round. Even recalled that he worked at a brewery and he had gifted some beers to me from there. His buddy was wide eyed and probably a little freaked out up until that point. They apologized profusely for the misunderstanding and I did as well for coming in all full of piss and vinegar.

We all ended up sharing a beer after they finished up and talked dg for about 45 minutes or so. A good outcome for something that could have gone sideways quick. One of them was wearing a Sugaree shirt and they both spoke very highly of your course Mando. The terrain in general, pin positions, etc. I mentioned it was on my short list for the next time I'm down that way and they said it shouldn't be missed.

Anyway, my list of "baggers" who've favorited is quite small but then again we've only had about 40 or so folks from this site play here. I wish reviews were still coming in, 3 in 5 years is pretty sad. But at least it's giving me more time to keep making improvements before the next review is written, if that ever happens.

Shuie
goosefraba
Sisyphus

Excellent. I've heard they used to be hit or miss, but whatever I got in February did the trick.

Thank you for the feedback. The anti inflammatory they have me on, Meloxicam is also working wonders as well. That help a lot with the arthritis.

Anyway, my list of "baggers" who've favorited is quite small but then again we've only had about 40 or so folks from this site play here. I wish reviews were still coming in, 3 in 5 years is pretty sad. But at least it's giving me more time to keep making improvements before the next review is written, if that ever happens.

Shuie
goosefraba
Sisyphus

There should probably be a footnote that members' "courses played" and "favorites" lists are likely incomplete. I've added a few courses to write reviews, but probably forgotten to add some courses, and I haven't thought about my "favorites" in years. Though we might assume that the dedicated course baggers -- who are, after all, the subject of this thread -- are more diligent about keeping their lists up, than the average DGCR user.

@InnocentCrook

We put up a large sign, a friendly and tactful version of "no trespassing", that includes the phrase "Entry, including to the disc golf course, is by advance reservation only." It's done wonders at stopping misguided disc golfers. A few have backtracked to where they have a phone signal and contacted us, and we're usually sympathetic and let them play if we can, but at least they don't show up on the course without warning.

@InnocentCrook

We put up a large sign, a friendly and tactful version of "no trespassing", that includes the phrase "Entry, including to the disc golf course, is by advance reservation only." It's done wonders at stopping misguided disc golfers. A few have backtracked to where they have a phone signal and contacted us, and we're usually sympathetic and let them play if we can, but at least they don't show up on the course without warning.

If you don't mind, can you shoot me a picture of the sign (on here, facebook, or whatever is easiest for you)? It's been on my list of things to have my sign guy do, but I've consistently put other projects ahead of it. I think it may be time to bump it up on the "to do" list.

Latest posts