• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ball Golf / Disc Golf courses

OK, now I know you can't edit posts after 5 minutes. Sure would be nice to be able to update a list in the first post rather than reposting various versions of it all over the place which is one of the reasons that they say is why you can't edit posts after 5 min. :wall:
So here it is, took out the closed courses and event courses and the one outside of the US, checked a few and added a couple as well. Main thing is it is now listed by State and City so you can quickly find courses if you don't know the name or simply looking for the closest one. Funny thing is the first one on the list was a few minutes from my home when I was in high school 40 years ago, they had a ski rope tow too. Enjoy.:D

TA

You could create a document in Google Drive that you could update. Then just post that it has been updated with a link.

Lake Cumberland State Park by the lodge has an 18 hole DG on a former ball golf course. Same for Dunham in Cincinnati. Dunham is the better course IMO, but at times the course is closed because a local archery club practices there.

Rough River Dam State Resort Park - just opening on old golf course + I used 20 acres nearer the water for most fun! Falls of Rough KY - grand opening event April 18-19, 2015

I played The Preserve @ Pine Oaks in Ocala, FL again last week. I love this one. 24 holes on former ball course. The thing that makes this one great is there is no ball golf on the disc golf course. They have 2 seperate ball courses. Since they are still in operation for ball & dics golf the upkeep is second to none. Grass always mowed. Bathrooms, pro shop with good food, showers.

Are you ready for the best part. $1.00 per person to play all day. Only $10.00 for a cart.

We were a group of 3 and got 2 carts for only $23.00. Not $23.00 plus tax. $23.00 out the door.
Pine_Oaks_Dgc._Ocala,_FL._-_Imgur.jpg

anyone have any good videos to share of DG being played on a golf course? I'm working on my local 9 hole and would like some folks to get a sense of how DG would work there.

I should be more clear. Anyone have a video of disc golf on a golf course not during a tournament...maybe an ordinary round where they have disc golf tee times woven into regular golf tee times.

Tujunga california, verdugo hills golf course, $5 to play, lights for night golf light up the whole course
Verdugo Hills is $7 now. Still awesome, though. There's a weekly every Monday at 7PM and there's always a big ace pool. A couple of weeks ago it was $500.

Though I haven't been there, when it opened, I checked out Whisky Run in Port Colborn, Ontario. It's one of the closest courses to New York (in Canada), and I'm told by the owners that they schedule staggered tee times for both sports to flow through at the same time! And that's a heck of a name, huh?

Any update to this Disc Golf on Golf Course List

This is Mike Harrington (harr0140) posting for John Houck, We are currently at the Golf Industry Show trying to promote disc golf to golf courses and wanted to get as much info as we could about golf courses that somehow have incorporated disc golf onto their properties.

Thank you to Steve West for sending over his most up to date list which seemed to be current as of 2012. I since found this list which is also more accurate to our intended information but also more up to date. I am NOW interested to hear if anyone else has an update to this list. I am looking to get the most accurate list of golf courses that have disc golf. Extinct golf courses that now are disc golf aren't that important to this research but the more important information are existing golf courses with disc golf incorporated somehow (whether it be laid out on the golf course or a golf course that added an amenity in another area, or other permanent usage like a practice area).
Russian Jack Springs: 9 Holes in Anchorage, AK. On the golf course. (Open)
McFarland Park: 18 Holes in Florence, AL. On former golf course. (Open)
Greenfield Lakes: 36 Holes in Golbert, AZ. On the golf course. (Open)
Fiests Lakes: 18 holes in Mesa, AZ. (open)
DeBell Disc Golf Course: 9 Holes in Burbank, CA. On the golf course. (Open)
Sun Valley: 9 Holes in La Mesa, CA. On the golf course. (Open)
Sea Pines Golf Resort: 9 Holes in Los Osos, CA. On the golf course. (Open)
Goat Hill: 18 Holes in Oceanside, CA. On the golf course. (Open)
Lava Creek DGC: 18 Holes in Paradise, CA. On the golf course. (Open)
Van Buren Golf Center: 22 Holes in Riverside, CA. On the golf course. (Open)
Verdugo Hills: 18 Holes in Tujenga, CA. On the golf course. (Open)
Rock Springs Ridge: 36 Holes in Apopka, FL. On the golf course. (Open)
The Quarry Golf Course: 9 Holes in Brooksville, FL. On the golf course. (Open)
Forest Hills Disc Golf & Country Club: 18 Holes in Holiday, FL. On the golf course. (Open)
Ed Austin Park (Fore Palms DGC): 24 Holes in Jacksonville, FL. On former golf course. (Open)
Lutz Executive DGC: 18 Holes in Lutz, FL. On the golf course. (Open)
Pine Oaks: 24 Holes in Ocala, FL. On former golf course. (Open)
Myerlee Country Club: 18 Holes in Fort Myers, FL. On the golf course. (Seasonal)
Bird Bay: 18 holes in Venice, FL. (Open)
White Oak Park: 18 Holes in Dallas, GA. On former golf course. (Open)
Bowden Golf Course: 9 Holes in Macon, GA. On former executive 9-hole inside the 18-hole golf course. (Open)
Kapalua Adventures: 27 Holes in Maui, HI. On a couple of former golf holes. (Open)
Gateway Hills Park (Carroll Marty DGC): 18 Holes in Ames, IA. On former golf course. (Open)
Sleepy Hollow: 18 Holes in Des Moines, IA. On former golf course, and ski hill. (Open)
Edgebrook: 18 Holes in Chicago, IL. On the golf course. (Open)
Nelson Park: 18 Holes in Decatur, IL. On former golf course. (Open)
Pines Hills: 18 Holes in Ottawa, IL. On the golf course. (Open)
Sunset Hills: 18 Holes in Pekin, IL. (Open)
Pine View: 9 Holes in Monticello, IN. On the golf course. (Open)
Little Bighorn Golf Club: 18 Holes in Pierceton, IN. Adjacent to golf. (Open)
Indian Springs: 18 Holes in Trafalgar, IN. On the golf course. (Open)
Fort Riley: 18 Holes in Fort Riley, KS. On former golf course. (Open)
Lake Cumberland: 18 Holes in Somerset, KY. On former golf course. (Open)
Trenton Street Golf: 18 Holes in West Monroe, LA. On the golf course. (Open)
Petersham Country Club: 18 Holes in Petersham, MA. On the golf course. (Open)
The Greens at Hamilton Run: 9 Holes in Hagerstown, MD. On the golf course. (Part Time)
Pleasant Hill DGC: 18 Holes in Scarborough, ME. On part of former golf course. (Open)
Poland Spring Resort: 9 Holes in Poland, ME. Adjacent to golf. (Open)
Samoset Resort: 9 Holes in Rockport, ME. On a couple of former golf holes. (Open)
The Ponds at Lakeshore: 28 Holes in Ypsilanti, MI. On former golf course. (Open)
Edgewater Park: 18 Holes in Albert Lee, MN. On former golf course. (Open)
Fort Snelling: 18 Holes in Minneapolis, MN. On the golf course. (Open)
Wirth Par 3: 18 Holes in Minneapolis, MN. On the golf course. (Open)
Bulldog Run: 9 Holes in Plainview, MN. On the golf course. (Open)
UNC DGC: 18 Holes in Chapel Hill, NC. On former golf course. (Open)
Fontenelle Park: TBD Holes in Omaha, NE. On former golf course. (Future)
Pendaries Village DGC: 18 Holes in Rociada, NM. On the golf course. (Open)
Cedar Beach: 18 Holes in Babylon, NY. On the golf course. (Open)
Mulligan Springs: 10 Holes in Suffield/Kent, OH. On the golf course. (Open)
Milo McIver State Park (Riverbend DGC): 27 Holes in Estacada, OR. On incompleted course. (Open)
Timberlink: 18 Holes in Ligonier, PA. On the golf course. (Open)
Lake Murray Golf Center: 9 Holes in Chapin, SC. On the golf course. (Open)
Crestwood: 18 Holes in Denmark, SC. On the golf course. (Open)
Tupelo Bay: 9 Holes in Myrtle Beach, SC. On the golf course. (Open)
River Chase: 18 Holes in Union, SC. On the golf course. (Open)
Groves Park: 18 Holes in Oak Ridge, TN. On former golf course. (Open)
Spring Valley DGC: 28 Holes in Spring, TX. On the golf course. (Open)
University of Utah: 18 Holes in Salt Lake City, UT. On former golf course. (Open)
Skyline Golf Course: 18 Holes in Cathlamet, WA. On the golf course. (Open)
Irish Waters: 18 Holes in Freedom, WI. On the golf course. (Seasonal)
Fiddler's Creek Golf Center: 23 Holes in Hayward, WI. Adjacent to golf. (Open)
Highbridge Hills: 54 Holes in Highbridge, WI. On incompleted course. (Open)
Dineen: 18 Holes in Milwaukee, WI. On former golf course. (Open)

Neal Dambra had a place up till last year in Woodville. The BG guys ran out of money, but it was awesome. Also, they're running part of Texas States in Baytown on a BG course. I don't know if it was extinct or not.

Since you do have some extinct courses listed look at White Oak in Houston. They've put in three courses, the neighborhood loves them and they've gone a long way towards reclaiming land that was running into decay.

Take that list and add or delete all the courses mentioned in this thread. Has anyone done that yet?

Latest posts