• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Banshee replacement??

You obviously didn't comprehend the post you read. He said it flies LIKE it, not that it IS it. Stop posting confusing gibberish.

I'm also not a long time, good Banshee thrower.

It's definitely not the same mold. Both discs are about equal height and clearly flat topped, but my 2015 Champion Banshee still has a blunter nose and a flat angle on the bottom side rim. They do fly similarly of course, but the INNfuse Eagle is brand new while the Banshee is seasoned but hardly beat to crap.

Last edited:
Well if you can find CHING's Bomb that is good option. Little more understable. Then if you are really die hard discgolfer who dosen't care what other people say then buy ProStyle #1Hyzer.

Original tooling of the Discmania FD2 reminded me of a Banshee, the flatter ones at least.

Second tooling was supposed to be some variant of the T3? Can't exactly recall but wanna think it was a unique bottom piece with a T3 top, can't say I threw that version.

Third and current tooling is the Royal Rage and current c line FD2. I throw a Royal Rage currently, I think it has the tendency to show some high speed turn (very slight) compared to the original FD2 and the fade is probably a tick less. Feels like a very beefy flat Eagle L almost to me.

Best part of flicking Banshees for me was once they beat in a little bit...they'd retain HSS, pick up glide, and lose a bit of the fade. It's been a few years at least since I've bagged one, but in their sweet spot for me they almost flew like a current run fresh champ Teebird. Of course this was when new stock Teebirds weren't as beefy as they are now. Semi beat original FD2 was the same...would retain HSS and lose a little fade...rip it hard and it'd ride straight for a lot longer but would still fade out once it slowed down.

Update to my thread. I've now got 2 opaque domey champs, 2 flat PFN champs (170ish grams), 1 flat PFN champ (150g), and 1 flat PFN DX Banshee. I still haven't quite found a replacement to this disc, but I've also tried to not rely as heavily on it. I do have a first run pearly flat Raptor, which is pretty OS, almost comparable to my FAF Firebirds. I've also been giving Thunderbirds (JermBird) a try, but I've noticed they are quite a bit straighter before they want to fade back. I'll just use the discs have for now and revisit this thread again if I happen to go on a Banshee losing streak again. Like Dehaas said, once this discs get beat into their sweet spot, the magic really happens :)