• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Banzai

What size rim could it be? Larger or smaller rim?

Ya smaller, I compared it to a few other 1.9 molds that I have (PD, Valk, Firebird etc.) and it is a smaller rim. Seems like Declarkus measured it with his calipers.

That being said, this is a great disc. Been putting it on similar lines to the legend Rival that I bag. The Banzai always seems to travel 10-20ft further. I know that it has been said for countless discs, but it kinda flies like a longer teebird:D

What kind of distance are you all getting with this?

I don't have a huge arm. I put my rivals out to 350 and these are getting upwards of 375. For reference I max out at about 400-415 with Shrykes

Is it a power hungry disc? I remember the Avenger being a disc that wanted a lot of power to go far. I'm hoping it requires less power to go far.

It powers down well. You definitely don't have to overthrow it. Mine is 169g so I don't know about max weight.

If it's anything like a Pipeline, it would be a slower fairway, and you can feel it in the rim width. My pipeline powers down great. Does that sound right to you folks who have thrown the Banzai?

Got mine in the mail about 5 minutes ago. The plastic is really nice, kind of Ti-ish, reminds me a lot of Sublime plastic by Mint
nmKfv55OCy_BqFVelz_eYhR1i2dhqZli6DvZBj9yHM7DiRr3XTpKxy97QLqqU-95EKTY8-qBLrONvHYe0WpXmkWG8ziQMKhG6BC8LRs0-Dw6dIzAOnx0tswdPov20ar5DKgB_U1v_1Mo0Cgt4fuTvTqhGUImk98a7aB4POJ3U3R8RKXYJeTeDrS-L7Or4sjI3QhUoUX1lczf4SlzIIWtv9-rrvNrtV_-fz6IufkerGXb1X7u2be_7cE7MjPnU7vXzPE__fOxebwDRdDd0roEmpyfVMTBKXDF6FQGTNzHcH71Fhsnc-eVodURdsWENrfbhnv21Q_noSoHW6LoMv3xTn8FdwRahQpcWynf1DzsN8lXd2zOwZDwSwLsIcAtD-I8FM9FMIHwaNn_t02DDRfSJFNBgl48zmkvVMZSRKnowZrNhJWRG2_Yp21nyx9c7YVM9Kk6lyNpyDJwUyW8Zqj8CvBN9A5bQ28f4zf4IjlEPKZN2OPM39HvEdqtUQZNTsSEr1Dag4zSGzNL7PQwZEgKclNoGMyCJhlkWVsTGT2OO02HAuWG0-fjn2mtJhpXVYv9qYR9eiH_eOMWLbX3UfTkOsYl6CV_EfxlDzAvoGxh=w800-h944-no

Anybody else think this is like a longer Teebird? If not, what flight does it remind you of?

As a point of reference, I lost two seasoned Eagles and I'm thinking about trying something new, especially if the Banzai is longer than Eagle.

I don't know how the tsunami came up on this thread but it did. and I bought two glow midnight flyer stamped thinking it was the disc refereed to on the thread.

glad I did cause they fly really well.

Anybody else think this is like a longer Teebird? If not, what flight does it remind you of?

As a point of reference, I lost two seasoned Eagles and I'm thinking about trying something new, especially if the Banzai is longer than Eagle.

Yeah reminds me more of a longer Eagle than a longer Teebird. Not carrying an Eagle right now and don't have to with this disc. If you like Eagles I would try it.

Yeah reminds me more of a longer Eagle than a longer Teebird. Not carrying an Eagle right now and don't have to with this disc. If you like Eagles I would try it.

Sold. Just bought one. Will report back once I am able to throw it.

I really love the Banzai so far. This thing has a ton of glide. It goes out, makes a left turn, and then just keeps going.

I am really enjoying the Banzai at this point.

Just the right amount of grip.

Agree, it is more Eagle X than Teebird

Not fully committed yet, I need to try some harsh conditions, but so far I like.

I've got one for sale or trade if anyone is interested. Picked up a Bonzai in my Bowling Green player's pack and not really wanting to try it out myself. Let me know if anyone might want it!

From what I understand, the Banzai is a Pipeline with a "bead", which explains the great glide and comfortable feel. Quickly becoming my go to fairway driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be a stretch but I'm wondering how these compare to the old Reapers, I bag one and am afraid of losing it, would be nice to have an in production replacement option.

I just want to say the Bonzai is an amazing fairway driver. I paired it with my Pipeline recently and found they work awesome together. They both are similar in feel and can cover a wide spectrum of line demands. I will probably yank my Eagle X molds and various Undertakers out of the bag to accommodate these guys because...well, it makes sense. Plus, pro line plastic is good stuff :)