• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Bard

Just received a BT bard today, and threw a VIP and Tourney. The BT was straight with a dump at the end, with 0 turn. Tourney was slightly more stable than that, and the VIP slightly more stable than that. (At about 300').

The question comes....do these beat in like rocs? A lot of the reading from the companies/sellers say it's roc like...but I leave that up to those throwing it. I'm currently loving my truth/verdict combo...but, would entertain the thought of throwing only bards if they (specifically the BT) does beat in like a roc.

Just received a BT bard today, and threw a VIP and Tourney. The BT was straight with a dump at the end, with 0 turn. Tourney was slightly more stable than that, and the VIP slightly more stable than that. (At about 300').

The question comes....do these beat in like rocs? A lot of the reading from the companies/sellers say it's roc like...but I leave that up to those throwing it. I'm currently loving my truth/verdict combo...but, would entertain the thought of throwing only bards if they (specifically the BT) does beat in like a roc.

I am in the process of trying to dump all of my mids and going back to the Truth/ Verdict combo. Nothing compared to how well those two worked together. Currently I am/was using Mako3s, VRocs, and Bards. The Mako3 was too flippy for what I wanted, the Vrocs did not power down well to cover up the Mako3s shortcoming, and the Bard just had too much HSS to have enough carry to justify throwing it over a putter. I also carry a Harp, which has tremendous range for a putter, and had too much of an overlap with the Bard.

Once I can unload some inventory and build up some Paypal, I am to reinvest in some Verdicts. Thankfully I held on to my best Truths so I do not have to start there from scratch.

My TP Bard is beefier then my Verdicts. Not sure which way to go yet.
That is not surprising. The Bard is beefier than the Verdict. But it just felt wrong in my hand. So I still pray for the baseline plastic Verdict.

My BT Bard is still new enough that I haven't been able to beat it in yet. I am also hoping that they season like a Roc and they just lose the hard fade while holding on to the early HSS. Only time will tell.

Just got a Bard from my Secret Santa and I am pretty pumped about it. This mold has been quite high on my "Must Try" list and it feels fantastic in the hand. I'm a big time Roc fan and it really looks like Westside created a disc that closely resembles a beefy Roc. High PLH but in a classic shape.

Can't wait to get out and throw this thing around. Hopefully it is as beefy as the reviews/numbers suggest.

Just got a Bard from my Secret Santa and I am pretty pumped about it. This mold has been quite high on my "Must Try" list and it feels fantastic in the hand. I'm a big time Roc fan and it really looks like Westside created a disc that closely resembles a beefy Roc. High PLH but in a classic shape.

Can't wait to get out and throw this thing around. Hopefully it is as beefy as the reviews/numbers suggest.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. What blows me away is how far i can chuck these out there. They are nicely OS without being bricks. They will take over the Pain slot in my bag quite nicely.

I finally got out for a round with the Bard and I'm smitten.
I'm not sure if it was simply the "New Disc Mojo" but I am in love with how this thing flies. It is very similar to a good Rancho Roc with a supercharged fade.

I bag DX Rocs and I will very likely carry a Bard as my new "bookend" and hopefully work more in once they finally arrive in that great mid-grade baseline that Trilogy uses.

Anybody know if the BT's are still available anywhere stateside for a reasonable price? I was on hiatus when they released them in the fall and they seem to have all gotten scooped up. :doh:

Anybody know if the BT's are still available anywhere stateside for a reasonable price? I was on hiatus when they released them in the fall and they seem to have all gotten scooped up. :doh:

Discgolfcenter was the only place that I was aware of and they're sold out.

I'm really hoping for some real BT's this year though. Bards RULE

Ah alright, yeah I see that the ones on DGC were the Finnish stamp so technically there hasn't been a US release of them yet, I suppose. Hopefully we will see them this year. The Bard is my workhorse mid the last few rounds I played, I only throw a different mid or putter if I can't afford to end up left really. So having a few in base plastic would definitely be sweet.

Nobody's heard how they beat in, in baseline, yet have they?

Ah alright, yeah I see that the ones on DGC were the Finnish stamp so technically there hasn't been a US release of them yet, I suppose. Hopefully we will see them this year. The Bard is my workhorse mid the last few rounds I played, I only throw a different mid or putter if I can't afford to end up left really. So having a few in base plastic would definitely be sweet.

Nobody's heard how they beat in, in baseline, yet have they?

Not a ton of info on the BT's yet. I'm still waiting to pick up a BT Bard myself and also a BT/Recycled Giant.

I don't quite understand how the Bard isn't one of the most recommended discs for the "Beefy Roc" requests.
I have thrown a 172g TP and 179g VIP and they're both dead ringers for beefy Rancho Rocs

I didn't expect to love this disc but I really am reaching for it a lot for Roc lines that require some sharper fade or if the winds are kicking up. I'm also shocked how much distance I can coax out of this mold given its overstability.

I'm not sure if the initial marketing that this is the "most OS Trilogy mid" killed the hype but I love the Bard and think many players would enjoy it as their beefy, bookend mid.

DX Roc vs. VIP Bard (similar wing design but the Bard has a much higher set wing)
r7kVWgJ.jpg

I don't quite understand how the Bard isn't one of the most recommended discs for the "Beefy Roc" requests.
I have thrown a 172g TP and 179g VIP and they're both dead ringers for beefy Rancho Rocs

I didn't expect to love this disc but I really am reaching for it a lot for Roc lines that require some sharper fade or if the winds are kicking up. I'm also shocked how much distance I can coax out of this mold given its overstability.

I'm not sure if the initial marketing that this is the "most OS Trilogy mid" killed the hype but I love the Bard and think many players would enjoy it as their beefy, bookend mid.

I had one for a while, decent disc but mine wasn't that beefy (it actually had some turn), my star Rancho's are more stable. Maybe I just got a weak one, It also feels deeper.

I replaced it with a Verdict, flatter, shallower and forehands better for me than either the Roc or Bard.

The Bard rules.
I threw my 179g VIP all morning today in heavy wind gusts and the most it ever did was drift/stall in the wind and then ultimately fought back to a reliable fade. I've bagged many OS Roc compliments in my DG career but I have to say the Bard has all but killed the chance of any other mold fighting for that slot.

Now if only we could get some BT Hard Bards produced and accessible....

The Bard rules.
I threw my 179g VIP all morning today in heavy wind gusts and the most it ever did was drift/stall in the wind and then ultimately fought back to a reliable fade. I've bagged many OS Roc compliments in my DG career but I have to say the Bard has all but killed the chance of any other mold fighting for that slot.

Now if only we could get some BT Hard Bards produced and accessible....

I finally felt one up yesterday and have to agree with the assessment. Very Rancho Roc like mold. I'd say the Mace is more Roc3 while the Bard is more Rancho. I'm pretty sure Feldberg throws the BT Bards.

Finally was able to grab one of those limited runs of BT Bards and they molded up really great.
Flat topped, low profile and overall just delicious.

The Bard deserves SO MUCH more love than it gets. It is a wonderful OS mid range that I think a lot of folks would click with if they like Roc-like molds.

Finally was able to grab one of those limited runs of BT Bards and they molded up really great.
Flat topped, low profile and overall just delicious.

The Bard deserves SO MUCH more love than it gets. It is a wonderful OS mid range that I think a lot of folks would click with if they like Roc-like molds.

I have had one of the BT Bards in my bag for a couple months now and I agree. It is really just a safey blanket for me on top of my Ghosts. If I need to throw a Ghost that I know won't turn over and has a strong finish, I reach for the Bard. The BT feels great in the hand - kinda like a Fossil plastic from RDG (maybe a little softer, but with that same gritty feel that isn't floppy). I don't throw it a lot, but knowing that it in the bag when I need it is quite reassuring. i am hoping that once I bang a couple trees with it, the stability will start to straighten out and give me a little more glide, but I am trying to keep this one fresh until the start regular production runs on the BT.

Latest posts