• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Bard

Got a heavy metal flake Bard today and it is at least as beefy as my Truth stamped Verdict (it is broke in pretty well though). I'll take them both out tomorrow to compare. Not sure how much wind I would need to get this to turn, likely more than I am comfortable throwing a midrange in.

I only throw mids to 275 on the course but this thing is quite a bit more stable than any Roc3 I've thrown. Seems close to a Warrior or Verdict though, but at my power I don't think I'll get much difference out of any of those.

picture.php

Looking forward to trying out this gray swirl one. Its Tourney plastic and a bit lighter (172G as opposed to 177g) so I am hoping it is a bit longer.

After looking through at least 25 of these at Infinite I noticed that the onlly ones with the puddle tops they had were lower weights in VIP. I didn't get any of those as they had a different shape to the curve of the wing that looked less stable to me. Both of mine are still pretty flat but have a slight measurable dome with high PLH.

Looking forward to trying out this gray swirl one. Its Tourney plastic and a bit lighter (172G as opposed to 177g) so I am hoping it is a bit longer.

After looking through at least 25 of these at Infinite I noticed that the onlly ones with the puddle tops they had were lower weights in VIP. I didn't get any of those as they had a different shape to the curve of the wing that looked less stable to me. Both of mine are still pretty flat but have a slight measurable dome with high PLH.

Interesting, thanks for the info. I'm wondering how different the two plastics are, i.e. if two at the same weight,different plastic could be different enough to bag both.
(I'm hoping for BT Hard soon.)

Grabbed a 177 VIP today, hoping for some medium rare beef. Conditions for the rest of the week are perfect temps and breezy, so I hope get a few rounds in with it.

Threw my heavy VIP (177g) and lighter Tourney (172g) bards alongside my Truth stamped verdict (178g) and a fresh SG Warrior (180g).

Both bards are similar PLH and dome, and both seem to fly the same for me. I understand that most of the guys posting here throw further than me but I was expecting these to be just a little less stable. I throw Envys and Tangents further than these.

I commonly throw mids 275-280ft, occasionally I get one on a golf line to 300. I doubt I hit 250 with the bards at all. They don't go very far (100'?) before the left edge starts dipping down to find ground. They don't stay level while fading for me.

The Warrior throws pretty similar for me, maybe not quite as abrupt fade. My worn Verdict went further and started its fade later every time, going about 15-20' further.

I was hoping for a more beefy Roc3, I think these are a little beyond that. The Verdict stayed in my bag for a while as a thumber, it has been replaced with a banshee. Not sure these bards will get much use from me.

I'm getting pretty normal mid distance from mine. For me around 325-350.
You definitely have to throw it flat, or even a little anhyzer, to get max distance. Hyzers are predictable, but not very long with this disc.

Or a noodle arm.

But seriously the ones I got are beef. I did pick out the highest PLH of the bunch though. I am pretty positive the puddle topped ones some of the other posters got would be less stable. All of the puddle topped ones I looked at were lighter and had a less "x" shaped wing if that makes sense. They had a more gradual ramp to them in comparison to the more domed ones.

You definitely have to throw it flat, or even a little anhyzer, to get max distance. Hyzers are predictable, but not very long with this disc.

Yeah these are for sure for the 300+ mid throwing crowd. I am at 5000' which doesnt help any either though.

I'll get some friends to throw it that have the proper arm for it later this week when I run into them.

Added a lighter TP Bard to the herd tonight - hoping to throw tomorrow.

Bingo. I got out w mine again today and It is longer flat or w a little anny- I was able to get around 300 on a standstill bh. Like it enough to have 2 more on the way.

Bingo. I got out w mine again today and It is longer flat or w a little anny- I was able to get around 300 on a standstill bh. Like it enough to have 2 more on the way.

Most of my mids to something near perfectly. This does a lot of things very very well.

ya, so far the most impressive thing to me is the easy distance. I landed in a marsh off my drive and didnt want to run up, so I gave it good body twist with a flat release and ended up 40' past the basket. Obviously I need to dial it in a bit, but forgiving, versatile, and far makes it a keeper.

Most of my mids to something near perfectly. This does a lot of things very very well.

ya, so far the most impressive thing to me is the easy distance. I landed in a marsh off my drive and didnt want to run up, so I gave it good body twist with a flat release and ended up 40' past the basket. Obviously I need to dial it in a bit, but forgiving, versatile, and far makes it a keeper.

Now that I've had a chance to get mine out on the course some, I feel the same way. Forgiving, versatile, and far. Also keeping it.

It looks like Bard is going to really solidify Westside's mid lineup.

Tursas, Warship, Bard, Harp. Lots of shots to made there.

Im yet to toss mine, still need to melt a few feet of snow over here lol. I'm just wondering, is this disc more stable then the numbers read? I bag a warship for its stability and a mace for it's overstability but seems to want to go straight all the time. So I snagged the bard thinking it might do what I thought my mace would. I dig the mace but I really don't need another stable mid.

I just got my ankle out of a cast today - threw a 177 VIP Bard, a !68 Frost River, and a 166 VIP Seer just for fun, and with minimal power as I understand that will take a couple weeks.

As I had done a lot of standstill putter gold this winter, I got a kind of feel for them.

Bard is nice and OS when thrown at gimp power. I am looking forward to healing and giving it a run for the money!

Im yet to toss mine, still need to melt a few feet of snow over here lol. I'm just wondering, is this disc more stable then the numbers read? I bag a warship for its stability and a mace for it's overstability but seems to want to go straight all the time. So I snagged the bard thinking it might do what I thought my mace would. I dig the mace but I really don't need another stable mid.

More stable than the numbers? The numbers are identical to the Roc. I would say it flies like a very beefy Roc such as a Star Rancho. So no, It flies pretty close to the numbers and no it is not a Gator or a Harp.

More stable than the numbers? The numbers are identical to the Roc. I would say it flies like a very beefy Roc such as a Star Rancho. So no, It flies pretty close to the numbers and no it is not a Gator or a Harp.

The exact observations I have seen. In fact, after a few tree hits it seems to fly even straighter. It is really turning into a workhorse mid for me.

It is listed as 5 - 4 - 0 - 3 but flies closer to 5.5 - 3.75 - 0 - 2. I wish it had a little more glide, but it is NOT overstable. It is, however, very stable and resistant to turning or flipping.

For reference, I have eight VIPs all ranging from 169g to 172g.

I don't throw Rocs and yes "more stable then the numbers" this is what ive been observing from reading many post on the disc. Almost seems this disc is on a rail for what I read.

Latest posts