• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Bard

The exact observations I have seen. In fact, after a few tree hits it seems to fly even straighter. It is really turning into a workhorse mid for me.

It is listed as 5 - 4 - 0 - 3 but flies closer to 5.5 - 3.75 - 0 - 2. I wish it had a little more glide, but it is NOT overstable. It is, however, very stable and resistant to turning or flipping.

For reference, I have eight VIPs all ranging from 169g to 172g.
thanks bud. Kind of had a feeling that's how it would fly after reading a bit. Cant wait to toss mine.

One thing I noticed yesterday when throwing it was that it really wanted to go right as soon as it left my hand. Looking at the Inbounds chart, that seems to be their result as well.

My 177g VIP is definitely beefy, at least now at the start. It honestly starts fading pretty fast out of the hand, even at around 325'. Its super comfortable in the hand, forgiving and reliable, so it's going in the bag. I'm hoping the LSS goes before the HSS. For me, it warrants a 3 fade rating.

Yeah, this disc fees great in the hand - got some more throws in today. It gets out there pretty easy too.

I wasn't able to throw these far at all as I posted earlier. My remedy was just to keep the lighter Tourney in the bag, throwing it as second drives as spikes and OH rollers for a few days.

It now flies easily as far as my other mids but still seems plenty stable. More stable Roc3 sounds about right.

I got a 178g TP Bard in the mail, went out and to see what this disc can do for my game. Well even though i am not a fan of deeper rims, the Bard was exactly what is was hoping for. A nice OS-Mid that will work well with my Truths and Fuse to cover all my midrange game.

When thrown with a hyzer release the bard was able to hold the hyzer to the very end of it´s flight. Thrown flat and hard i got a surprising amount of skip out off this disc. Do you guys have any experience how well your Bards work for skip-shots?

Got to throw this into a moderate breeze today and it sohowed zero sign of turning, and had a good fade at the end. Looks like it could handle a lot more, which is what I was hoping for.

I just ordered a 172 tournament bard for a more workable mid. Hopefully it will complement my heavy VIP which fades out hard.

I got a 178g TP Bard in the mail, went out and to see what this disc can do for my game. Well even though i am not a fan of deeper rims, the Bard was exactly what is was hoping for. A nice OS-Mid that will work well with my Truths and Fuse to cover all my midrange game.

When thrown with a hyzer release the bard was able to hold the hyzer to the very end of it´s flight. Thrown flat and hard i got a surprising amount of skip out off this disc. Do you guys have any experience how well your Bards work for skip-shots?

I tried to get a bit of skip out of mine today and it dident seem to skip too aggresively on its own but.... I got to try it in a bit more wind and it fared well. It takes alot of anheizer to show turn and fights out of it well. Its ITB for tmrw @ leagues, Ill let you know how it went.

...well I **** the bed @ leagues but the bard did alright. I used it twice off of the tee into brisk headwinds and It fought well holding its line for 80%ish then fighting out. I havent had an OS mid in the bag for a few months and have been using a Hyzerbomb panzer for fade duties off the box and am not sure that I would need both. I let a friend give mine a few rips and he really liked it. He has a bit more heat than me and got some good throws with it straighter than mine w less fade. I need to get out into the field with these and some panzers to see how they shake out distance and stability wise-

Here's a really good demo video with direct comparisons to the Opto Mace. This reflects my experience with the two discs perfectly.

What is it like compare to the following discs:

Drone: More glide, less fade. Similar HSS, but the Drone is quite a bit more OS. Both are great headwind discs.

Buzzz OS: way more glide. The BOS is basically a Drone with less glide, so pretty much everything applies to both

Tensor: Bard is longer, but the flights aren't too terrible different. They feel nothing alike, so that is something. Bard flexes a little easier, but works better. Tensor works better for me for sidearms.

Gator: not even the same realm. Gator is an OS brick. Bard is workably overstable...like a Champ Rancho Roc. Of the 4 you mentioned, Gator/Bard will have the least amount of overlap in the bag

Hope that helps! You can also check out my review video a few pages back. I tested the Bard against the Gator, Drone and Buzzz OS.

Hope that helps! You can also check out my review video a few pages back. I tested the Bard against the Gator, Drone and Buzzz OS.

Helps a ton, sounds like a Tensor replacement (which is what I'm throwing currently anyway for headwind mid shots).

I'll probably pick one up for the Trilogy bag and mess with it over the summer.

Picked one of these up a couple days ago and it's managed to kick both the drone and the trident out of my bag for now. The one I have is a VIP and it just feels like a flat, fat roc, almost gator stable also. I've been leaning on it off the tee and for approaches a LOT.

Long-time lurker, finally joined up.

Anyway, saw a lot of other mids referenced in a post above, anybody care to comment on Legacy Ghost matches with the Bard? Lot less Legacy users from what I've seen here in Finland.

Not sure if its been covered (im sure it has been), but how does it compare to a Verdict?
I would say they fly fairly similar - the Bard is deeper though and feels completely different in your hand. I tried both in a headwind and they both held up about the same.

Latest posts