• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bardu's Bag 2020

So I had some swelling after the minimal throwing/putting I did a month ago. I've taken the last month off again. I've got a program of strengthening exercises that I'm gonna work on for a couple months before I try again. Next time, I think I'll just try putting first and see if that causes swelling.

Yesterday I tried throwing left-handed just for fun. I'd tried putting previously and it was frustrating. I'd say that my attempts at backhand so far could be characterized as disastrous. But on a lark, I tried lefty forehand, and the results were encouraging.

Today I actually threw my first round since May. I felt an awful lot like I did in 2011 when I first caught the bug. There were the occasional grip locks, noob hyzers and worm burners, but all in all I was actually throwing discs somewhat predictably and for more distance than I expected. It feels good to be watching discs fly again. I threw with a simple bag:

168 HF Star Roadrunner
177 Z Glo Buzzz
175 Plasma Ion

Yesterday, I threw left-handed and putted right-handed. Today, I am free of inflammation. Progress.

Progress throwing left-handed forehand has been slow. I've used a full bag the last couple times out. The Star Roadrunner has served as my main driver. The Star Destroyer is consistent on shots that require more fade. The Buzzz has emerged as my best all-around thrower. The Harp has quickly taken over on upshots.

167 4x Star Destroyer

175 2018 Sexton Firebird
167 12x Champ Firebird
172 4x Champ Thunderbird
168 HF Star Roadrunner
167 GStar Sidewinder
170 AJ Star TeeBird

177 Z Glo Buzzz
179 2019 MJ Comet

175 BT Hard Harp
171 Soft Ion
175 Soft Wizard
172 Soft Wizard
175 Nikko Wizards (2)

Yesterday, I threw left-handed and putted right-handed. Today, I am free of inflammation. Progress.

Progress throwing left-handed forehand has been slow. I've used a full bag the last couple times out. The Star Roadrunner has served as my main driver. The Star Destroyer is consistent on shots that require more fade. The Buzzz has emerged as my best all-around thrower. The Harp has quickly taken over on upshots.

167 4x Star Destroyer

175 2018 Sexton Firebird
167 12x Champ Firebird
172 4x Champ Thunderbird
168 HF Star Roadrunner
167 GStar Sidewinder
170 AJ Star TeeBird

177 Z Glo Buzzz
179 2019 MJ Comet

175 BT Hard Harp
171 Soft Ion
175 Soft Wizard
172 Soft Wizard
175 Nikko Wizards (2)

what you been doin to minimize inflammation

I played a new course in Harrisburg, SD today. Again, I threw left-hand forehand and putted right-handed. I used the same bag listed previously. The Roadrunner is becoming more consistent, I was achieving actual flights with it. Very encouraging. I have also practiced putting for 15 to 20 min several times over the last week.

Just played a couple of holes today but I expanded my arsenal a bit. The TeeBird and Thunderbird were both very consistent, giving me more options at driver. Threw the TeeBird up a pine tree, had to climb it to get it down.

I've been spending time with the practice stack lately. It is more fun putting right-handed than throwing left-handed. I love this stack of Wizards.

2x Nikko Wizards
2x Glow Wizards
2x Firm Wizards

Attachments

• 7434C8DA-2F2A-4453-A50F-1DD63BAD4935.jpg
    7434C8DA-2F2A-4453-A50F-1DD63BAD4935.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 16
Yesterday was 60 degrees, I played my first round in over a month:

167 4x Star Destroyer

175 2020 Sexton Firebird
175 2018 Sexton Firebird
167 12x Champ Firebird
172 4x Champ Thunderbird
168 HF Star Roadrunner
167 GStar Sidewinder
170 AJ Star TeeBird

177 Z Glo Buzzz
179 2019 MJ Comet

175 BT Hard Harp
175 Plasma Ion
171 Soft Ion
175 Soft Wizard
172 Soft Wizard
175 Nikko Wizards (2)

Good to hear you're back at it.
How is the shoulder holding up? I strained mine at a tournament earlier this year and have been slowly working on it without stopping playing :doh: but it's only an issue for me with forehand.

Good to hear you're back at it.
How is the shoulder holding up? I strained mine at a tournament earlier this year and have been slowly working on it without stopping playing :doh: but it's only an issue for me with forehand.

I'm actually still throwing left-handed forehand. Putting is right-handed though. I'll probably start back up next spring. I'm improving and having fun. Good to get the frisbees flying. I feel like there are some things I can take away from this experience.

I was in the Twin Cities over the weekend and played Alimagnet and Moir. Roadrunner and Buzzz continue to be the workhorses.

If I were smart, I would go to a doctor like you. My shoulder has been messed up for a long time and at this point I just avoid any powered-up forehands. Eventually I'll have to suck it up and go.

Are they having you do strengthening exercises? That's what I'm starting to do now, hoping I can self-PT my way out of it.

If I were smart, I would go to a doctor like you. My shoulder has been messed up for a long time and at this point I just avoid any powered-up forehands. Eventually I'll have to suck it up and go.

Are they having you do strengthening exercises? That's what I'm starting to do now, hoping I can self-PT my way out of it.

The doctor didn't actually contribute that much. We did an MRI to make sure that the tendon was still intact. But basically it's been test and physical therapy. My sister is a physical therapist so that helps a lot.

I ordered a pair of Firm Glow Wizards from Gateway on Black Friday to add to the practice stack. Really fantastic feeling Wizards! I plan to set up my basket in the garage for year round putting practice.

Latest posts