• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Barsby Sig Disc Wild Speculation Thread

Appreciate the heads up, but...

Innova was selling them for $14 and these guys are flipping them for $20? Basically a 45% markup, plus whatever they gig you on shipping. I'll pass.

As the premier disc market moves more toward boutique discs, I think that will be common. It is exaggerated on tour discs, but I think they are using this to boost sales. Almost like allocated whiskeys at your local liquor store

Appreciate the heads up, but...

Innova was selling them for $14 and these guys are flipping them for $20? Basically a 45% markup, plus whatever they gig you on shipping. I'll pass.

Fair enough. It is a big markup. But I think Sun King is free shipping on any purchases over $12.

i wonder how old the x-outs on infinitediscs are. if they are currently being stocked (i see a variety come in monthly) then innova is capable of making flat eagles in opaque gummy plastic similar to their 11x's. Anyone got info about "big X X-outs? and when they were produced?

Big X were at least 5-8 years ago. Most I have seen now just say X-Out. It could be that some of those "Big X" are really 11x x-outs. Innova seems to have some hidden stacks they just send out occasionally. Got a bunch of x-out STB a couple of years ago, even though they haven't made them in a while.

We're needing some Barsby 3agle-x's. Please

I've always thought the second f was not firm...the first I recall seeing FAF anywhere as a descriptor was on disc golf values, and it was for the original run of flat glow firebirds. They listed them as flat and firm, but I have always taken it more of as a "we can't really say they're flat as f but let's say they're flat and firm instead".

Somebody should email Mark and ask him what they're referred to in the warehouse. I'd bet a dollar it's not flat and firm.

its flat and firm. firm skips way better and is more OS. gstar firebirds are flat but not FAF!

Innova really needs to make good Champ Eagles again...the current run in JL are just godawful and domey.

My only concern is I have only thrown one newer-ish champ Eagle, it was glideless and dumpy. How common is that?

I mean on paper and seeing the lines he hits the Eagle should be the disc. But do they start off super beefy and that's why he likes old ones?

My eagle experience had always been with Star, I wanted a champ thinking it might hold the sweet spot longer. It is a you said glideless and dumpy compared to star eagle or any Teebird.

I wonder if he'll go with a luster eagle, flat topped. The luster definitely seems like it would option. He did say in an interview he has to call klimo to get his permission. Haha

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Luster flat topped eagle 3's would basically be like a slower baby thunderbird which would be awesome. They might keep the theme of "colour glow" going for the tour discs too. Who knows. KC or pro regular production eagles would be sweet aswell. They need to up the plastic choices for a great mold.

I've never thrown the old school eagles that Gregg throws, but they were a softer plastic than the current JLs right?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think hell go luster plastic for the eagles. Some runs of the gibson leopards are really really really close to CE!

Many people have no idea what the difference between a "tour series" disc and a "signature" disc is.

And if he gets one or the other, most people on the course on any given Sunday will have no idea who Gregg Barsby is anyway. :p

But I'd buy a Barsby Eagle! Why? Because I like Barsby and I have always thrown Eagles.:thmbup:

Sig Disc - Production Run that you probably will find in any store (i.e. KC Pro Roc, Paul McBeth 4x Champ Thunderbird

Tour Series - Small run usually found through Innova pro shop and done in plastic the player wants, small tweaks to mold (i.e Sexton Firebird, Gibson Leo3, Barsby Roadrunner)

It will be the eagle if climo let's him have it. Hopefully that means Innova would focus on molding good eagles. A little dome is ok, but the recent champs have been too much dome. Eagle3 is a possibility, so climo could keep the champ eagle, and it would be "new" so would sell a bunch. Maybe he even gets them to re-examine their champ blend and soften it a little. I really do find it hard to believe they don't request different plastics. JL is so different from the runs just before it, I can't imagine their supplier sent it as the same product.

Sig Disc - Production Run that you probably will find in any store (i.e. KC Pro Roc, Paul McBeth 4x Champ Thunderbird

Tour Series - Small run usually found through Innova pro shop and done in plastic the player wants, small tweaks to mold (i.e Sexton Firebird, Gibson Leo3, Barsby Roadrunner)

I'm waiting for someone to ask what Climo's first Tour Series disc was