• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Basket Photos - HALP!

Gateway Bullseye
Bullseye_portable.jpg

Gateway Titan
Titanpro_portable.jpg

That's a weak looking titan is the pic just sized differently?

That's a weak looking titan is the pic just sized differently?

I think Gateway makes at least a couple of baskest under the name Titan.
You may be thinking of the Titan Pro 24... hands down the beefiest baskest I've ever seen:

990e35e2.jpg

02f312c2.jpg

From Gateway's website: Titan Pro-24
Rugged, Hi-Performance Gateway Titan™ Baskets are the only way to go if you want course equipment to last a lifetime!

Anyone who gets a look at the Titan knows these baskets are superior to any comparable basket made. The Titan is made from heavy 1/2″ cold rolled steel instead of the traditional 5/16″. They are also deeper-dished, like Ozark baskets/spider 3 (13″ deep). They are hot-dipped galvanized, not powder-coated. The chain configuration is also similar to the Ozark Mountain baskets with two sets of inside chains that alternate lengths and hang independently on their own ring, in addition to the exterior chains. The rings are not made from cold rolled steel and are 3″x1/2″x 1/4″, shaped similar to the Armstrong bracelets. The rings are tighter to the pole and heavier, causing way less action when struck. Additionally, the inside chains are heavier in weight but similar in gauge, while the outside chains are standard size and weight of the Mach III's. Consequently, the heavier inside chain deadens the shots without causing deflection.

Physically, this basket is superior in strength to other baskets. We will measure their disc-catching ability against anything comparable ever made.

You'd think they'd have a pic of one on their website!

Then what's this? Otherer?

92971866.jpg

That is the Cone style made in the late 1970's and worked better for the old Frisbee like disc golf discs so a Innova Zephyr and other lid type putters would be the ones to use on this type of basket along with Wham-O Frisbee's and Ultra discs. provided the Wham-O discs are 175 grams and below, same with Zephyr.

I have an uncle who played on one of these types of baskets above in Minnesota, lucky he had an Arrow Arobie with him to make putts as his Rhyno's were not right for the Cones. The Basket bottoms needed more work then the one above on the course that he played.

I can get a picture of a sign course, one single one left on an old course. Torn out due to on hole's shot being too close to a swing set/playground and some would hit people on purpose. Some would even go as far as to say they take away a stroke for hitting a player.

Lightning db-5
ltbsktpg.jpg

that's all the more I got time for today.

I purchased one of these in 2007 for $150 or $200 which has been outside in salt air (I live 1/8 mile from marsh and 2 miles to the Atlantic Ocean) the past ten (10) years with no hint of rust on it.

^In terms of value, DB-5s are amazing. Add some more chains and they catch as well as anything.

Latest posts