• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Basket Solidworks Model...

auspider98

I've posted this 2012 SolidWorks model on grabcad if anyone is interested. It has two configurations, a cemented base and portable base (shown).

picture.php

Hope someone can find a use for it.

Pretty cool. I always wanted to draw one on Solidworks but every time I've been given training on that program they put me back on 2D software (ACAD) to "get the work done". :\ So I haven't been able to learn it very well.

I use solidwork at my dayjob.

That basket design is bad. The sides of the basket need to be vertical.

Dang, tried to open it, forgot I'm on 2011 software.

I hate that about solidworks...

I use solidwork at my dayjob.

That basket design is bad. The sides of the basket need to be vertical.

I may have over emphasized the angle on the sides of the basket. I really just modeled the basket from pictures and minimal dimensions I gathered out on the course.

What do you use SolidWorks for?

Those chains aren't modeling gravity very effectively. :) Very nice, though! I have dabbled with AutoCAD in the past and always thought about using it to do some work on a homegrown basket design.

Inventor 4 lyfe

Cradle 2 da grave

I may have over emphasized the angle on the sides of the basket. I really just modeled the basket from pictures and minimal dimensions I gathered out on the course.

What do you use SolidWorks for?

yeah, you will want the sides vertical else a disc will ramp off them, I've played on home-made baskets like that. Audobon in Garland TX used to have them.

I've been a sheet metal design guy for the last decade.
Went to ITT tech to lear CAD. Ran a sheet metal punch for a few years and got experiance working with solid works and running a mill, break press, water jet and just about every other job at that shop, filling in for people on vacation. Then worked as a full time designer for 5+ years at a job shop programing CAD/CAM and desinging everthing from airport conveyors/cladding, stainless steel vent sinks for semi-conductor work, mall kiosks, fitting rooms, all kinds of brackets, basically anything somone wanted. Worked from as little as an idea all the way to full blown prints.

Currently do design/answer service calls/warehouse work for Goslyn Environmental systems. We do above ground Grease Recovery Devises for the restaurant industry. We have been successful putting them in Sam's Clubs and Costcos hooked up to the chicken rotisseries in the deli.
www.goslyn.net

you? other than DG baskets..

you? other than DG baskets..

I graduated from Auburn with a degree in Industrial Design and have been working in Chattanooga, TN for Marketing Alliance Group for the last 8 years. We design and manufacture store fixtures and displays for all sorts of clients, with Lowes and Mohawk being our largest. We are made up of a group of companies with different capabilities so we can produce a complete display using wire, sheet metal, plastic, wood, and graphics.

One of my designs you may have seen is the large Martha Stewart carpet end cap display in the Home Depot. We went from conceptualization to prototype in a week then to manufacturing in about 2 months. A very quick and very successful program. Other variations of the concept are currently in testing so there may be more to come.

Latest posts