• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Baskets vs Tee Pads

Baskets or Tee Pads

• Baskets

Votes: 41 47.1%
  • Tee Pads

Votes: 46 52.9%

• Total voters
I can go OB/horribly shank my drive due to natural pads instead of concrete ones. I'll still yo-yo inside the circle regardless of if it's a Mach I or a Mach X.

Pads.

I can adjust to old or crummy baskets. But if I can't trust my feet due to horrible tee pads, then I lose a massive amount of both accuracy and distance.
Agree. Also, as someone with an injury history in both knees and ankles I refuse to play courses that don't have concrete teepads of adequate length. I play this sport for fun and no matter how good a course is, if the teepads suck I won't be back.

It has always struck me funny how I might have to climb into a thorn bush and face a 300 foot upshot while posed like I'm playing twister or maybe throw from atop oddly shaped moss covered rocks with a chance of tumbling 30 feet downhill into a river, yet so many have such high expectations for tee pads.

It has always struck me funny how I might have to climb into a thorn bush and face a 300 foot upshot while posed like I'm playing twister or maybe throw from atop oddly shaped moss covered rocks with a chance of tumbling 30 feet downhill into a river, yet so many have such high expectations for tee pads.

Thats because the course didnt dictate that you had to throw from a thorn bush or odd rocks, you did. You threw your disc there and now you have to live with the consequences. The course does dictate that we all have to throw from the same teepads though.

I loved going to parks and wooded areas and making up courses. Tees? Baskets? Meh. :p

I love doing that today as well. I've also gone to a state parks with vast hiking trails, bring 2 discs and pick out targets in the distance as I hike. Man...time to do that again when the weather warms up a bit. lol..

I'm guessing you lose a disc every once in awhile.
I would love to see the look on some hikers face after finding a disc on some remote hiking trail! :D

I've seen a lot of dirt tee courses with a lot of traffic. I've never seen a course with substandard baskets that got any decent amount of play.

I have but then that course was near Aberdeen at Lake Richmond State Park that was also name of the course just adding Disc Golf Course after, they had each of the 18 holes out at Lake Richmond having a different brands of baskets over time, the orignal Innova baskets from 1998 got rusty chains not to mention graffiti and stickers all over the baskets, they did fix the good ones that were left in 2005-2006 and still up with new chain and putting Discraft stickers on them for some odd reason but still had a few others were Mach II with number circles added to them and older Mach III while one or two were old Chainstar baskets and a number were Lighting DB-5 Baskets and the then Lighting sleeve with a second set of chains added to the inner ring using the spot where the ring and the other line meet for a second fixed chain set. Then one was odd, from the brand that changed the Liberty basket to having different colors and the alien on the top number part.

Flat or solid tee pads of some sort make playing so much better overall... but skanky baskets aren't super fun either....

Tee pads and it's not even close. I'd easily take awesome tee pads and target/posts over muddy ruts and proper baskets.

Shout out to CSUMB, best tee pads I've thrown from yet!

Latest posts